5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job
Published 11 months ago by Jessy69

3.0 out of 5 stars A good hairdryer with a couple of little problems!!!
Babyliss 5541CU Pro Speed 2200W Hair Dryer is a hairdryer which has good points and a couple of bad points. Though to be truthful I find that the good points out weigh the bad points of this hairdryer.
Published on 18 Jun. 2011 by Petra "I love to read"

3.0 out of 5 stars A good hairdryer with a couple of little problems!!!, 18 Jun. 2011
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: BaByliss 5541CU Pro Speed 2200 W Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I bought this hairdryer to replace one which I had for ten years which had lost a lot of its power. When I first took the hairdryer out of its box, I found it to be very well packed. The first thing I noticed was the weight of the hairdryer, as the other reviewer stated it is a heavy hairdryer compared to other hairdryers I have used. When I first plugged in the hairdryer I did not realise I had it at the fastest and hottest setting and to be honest I was surprised with the force of the hot hair from the hairdryer. I quickly turned it down to the lower setting until I got used to the strength of the actual blowdryer. I now use the fast and hottest setting to roughly dry my hair, then put my hair into different sections and use the lowest setting to style my hair. When my hair is dry I use the cold air button as I call it which I like at the end, first of all to cool my scalp down and it also if I put the nozzle at a certain angle puts a lovely shine to my hair.
The good points I find are as follows:
1. The nozzle is at a perfect size to style hair.
2. When you get used to the strength of the actual blast of air which comes from it, is great for drying hair quickly if you are in a rush.
3. The lowest setting is perfect for styling hair, and the air comes out at a constant flow.

The bad points in my view are as follows:
1. The hairdryer when you first purchase it, it is heavier than other models. Though now I have used it a few weeks I do not notice the weight. Unless I have pain in my arms, I would feel the heaviness then. When this happens I take my hair in different sections and rest between each one.
2. If you have a lot of hair like I have, the hairdryer can overheat.(This problem I have had with a couple of Babyliss products which I have bought). If you turn the hairdryer off and then want to turn it on again it might not turn on for a minute at least until it cools down again. After a period of maybe 90 seconds at least it will turn on again and full power will be restored. This is my main complaint but I knew when I bought this hairdryer this could be the problem with it as I said before I have had two other hairdryers of the same make and they both had the same problem. But this could be because of the length and thickness of my hair. So therefore other customers might not have this problem

I do not find the bad points big enough for myself to go out to buy a different make as I do like how my hair looks when I have used the dryer to style it. This is one hairdryer I will be keeping hold off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job, 23 April 2014
Another prezzie for wife. I let my imagination run wild with this one! Actually, it was one of those 'I need a hair dryer but hope it will be bought as a standard household item, rather than a present' moments for my wife, when musing over what she'd like for b/day. Like most men, I appreciate direction in these things to avoid adding to the millions of useless last-minute purchases made over the years. After the obligatory 100+ hours of research I settled on this one. She likes it very much.

I dislike it for all the reasons you will like it:
1. It looks like a ray gun but I can't shoot anyone
2. Sounds like a Boeing 797 taking off...not very cool when you've come off nights and she's drying her ******* hair in the same room
3. I used to be able to dry the dog with the old one. After being exposed to this once, where it nearly blew her fur coat off, she now turns to jelly every time she hears it, let alone get her upstairs for doggie de-smell time
4. I can't prove it but I think it's started to blow the wallpaper off, unless that's my wife providing her usual contribution to decorating...pull a few pieces off, moan for weeks, before harassing me into a major job with the scraper.
5. It weighs as much as a small car. When I stumble about going to work in the dark and kick this it doesn't move, whereas newtons laws of physics mean I move backwards and then up and down whilst she has the cheek to complain about me making a noise!! Grrrrr
6. It seems well made so I'm gonna be stuck with this for ages. I wouldn't mind so much if I actually had some hair myself. Might get some extensions glued on so I can blast her out of bed whilst drying my locks

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely light powerful hairdryer, 27 Jun. 2012
I bought this for my wife after her old and cheap Vidal Sassoon hairdryer started making a nasty burning smell and then ground to a halt. Having done a bit of reading up about hairdryers it seems that AC is the way to go as the motors are more powerful and longer lasting. The nice thing about this dryer and having read some of the other reviews is that it is quite a light model as some AC dryers can be quite heavy - my wife has a lot of blonde hair and it takes some time to dry the whole lot. I wanted to avoid her complaining about the weight and so went into a local Boots store to see how heavy this model was before buying it on Amazon. The other nice feature which I did not fully appreciate until my wife started using this product is that strange feature "Ionic". Her old Vidal Sassoon model did not have this feature but again through research I have now found out that this actually helps to smooth out the hair as it takes all the static out of your hair. On a windy day the Mrs could resemble Tina Turner in a video shoot but now it almost looks like she has had it straightened after drying it such is the smoothness - kind of saves her a job really and its great from my perspective as it means it takes her less time to get ready / get out of the house. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful, 11 Jun. 2013
Really like, very powerful, good long cord, weight not too heavy. only downside is, would prefer a lower speed option as can be difficult to style hair on lowest speed as air speed very strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head and shoulders above the rest..!, 13 Dec. 2012
This semi-professsional, high performance hairdryer is great value for money. I like the fact that it is ls slightly heavier than its counterparts and the extra long lead is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, 7 Aug. 2012
Very powerful, 3 heat settings and a cool setting which is really useful. A little on the heavy side but I soon got used to it.

Overall a good buy and would recommend if you have mid length or long hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Diva XL diffuser!, 28 Aug. 2014
So, like the title said, this fit my Diva XL diffuser, which is what I was most worried about, since I had to return a previous hair dryer because it didn't fit.

The hair dryer itself is night and light, with different buttons for temperature and force. Plus a cool shot button.

The lowest temperature though, is basically a cool shot in itself, which I LOVE, because I don't use heat on my hair and having this as a temperature setting means I don't have to hold down the cool shot button, like I did with my old dryer.

All in all very pleased with my first ionic hair dryer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, 27 Aug. 2013
I don't usually write reviews but felt I needed to for this product as it has proved to be very dangerous.... The nozzle screws on the end but any slight movement makes it fly off and when the hair dryer is hot it burns you. Today when I was drying my young daughters hair (on a medium heat), it flew off and caused her to have a bad burn on her arm. When the nozzle does come off, and you try to pick it up to screw it back on, it burns your fingers. I have returned and will be getting a different hair dryer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, 26 Oct. 2012
This is a great hair dryer. I've had it for 2 months now and it works perfectly, doesn't heat up too much like other hair dryers and it makes my hair look nice and shiny. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 July 2014
EssexBoy69 (Basildon, Essex) - See all my reviews
Bought my wife a Remington dryer for Christmas, but this kept cutting out. After checking the reviews on Amazon, I went for this one to replace it with. It was a good choice - my wife loves this dryer. She says it's probably the best dryer she's owned. Some reviews say its on the heavy side, but my wife has never mentioned it as being an issue. Professional quality at high street price. I can't recommend this enough.

BaByliss 5541CU Pro Speed 2200 W Hair Dryer