Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.39

on 11 March 2011
I've been hoping and waiting for years for a Faith remaster, as this album so rightly deserved one. I was overjoyed when it was announced in the second half of 2010, that there would indeed be one, with bonus material. I'm not an audiophile, but (to my ears) the remastering is fine, though a bit quieter than most current CD volumes. I expected it a tad bit louder...no complaint though, as louder isn't always better. My real complaint is with the very poor packaging/artwork. Given the iconic status of this album, I expected a much higher level of professionalism in the album artwork, inlay, booklet and credits. Firstly, the back cover inlay and booklet list only "Love's In Need Of Love Today" as live, though "I Believe When I Fall In Love" is also live...shoddy mistake since it comes across as though the latter track is a studio recording. Secondly, the pictures are all either very grainy or blurred. The front cover picture is much clearer on my original 1987 CD booklet than on this 2010 2-CD remaster, which is hard to understand, as there is technology to sharpen and improve photos that are either old, blurred, grainy, etc. The first photo as you open the booklet (which was the original Faith single cover picture) is so blurred, that it looks like a poor bootleg, as is the picture on the last inside page of the booklet. Also, why are "Fantasy" and "I Believe When I Fall In Love" included as bonus tracks? The former is a 1990 b-side (Waiting For That Day), though credited in the booklet as 2006, and the latter is a 1991 b-side (Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me). Isn't the bonus material sourced from the recording period? So why is the instrumental version of "Father Figure" left off in favour of these two tracks which don't fit in? I expected better of Sony/Epic in the re-release of this landmark album by such an iconic singer. George Michael is the biggest selling and most successful British male solo artist, and I expected more of a professional package by Sony/Epic. Here's hoping any future re-releases of this or any other of his albums gets the treatment it deserves.
on 23 March 2004
I had this album bought for me on tape when I was a young fan. Just had to get it on CD (although still have it on tape)
It is something you will listen to over and over again, when your not listening to any other material of George's.
Any fan will already have this album. If not WHY?? your missing out. Buy it now!!!
on 28 December 2007
I was never a Wham fan because I am to be honest a music fan - but this album changed my mind about George Michael.
It is brilliant and brings back great memories - my girlfriend at the time ( my wife - now ex-wife ) played it non-stop and she converted me into a fan.
on 3 June 2006
This was George Michael's first solo album after leaving Wham! Despite their huge success this album was bigger than the Wham! records that came before it. In the USA is spawned four number 1 singles and a further two that made the top 5. When listening to the album it is easy to see why it was so successful. From start to finish the record is a catchy and fun listen. It also shows off his range- from powerful ballads like "One More Try" to more funky pop, such as the masterpiece "Monkey".

The vocals are excellent and the songs are very well produced. One track that really shows off George's top-notch production skills is the epic "I Want Your Sex parts I & II". Despite running at over 9 minutes in length the subtle changes throughout mean its still a good listen.

A highly recommended purchase.
on 23 April 2000
This album has everything from slow tunes to quick and catchy ones. I have heard all of his albums so far and I think this is the best one. If you don't like any of this music you are saying that you don't like pop music.
on 15 September 2012
This review is for: Faith (2011 2CD edition)
If you haven't got the original "Faith" CD then this is an essential purchase. If you have, then it may not be necessary. I had the original CD of "Faith" so when the new editions were released in 2011 (a 2CD set, a 2CD+DVD set and a box set), I looked to see if there was anything to tempt me to buy. There wasn't anything essential for me. I am not at all interested in the box set or the DVD, but now the 2CD set is only £3.99 it looks much more appealing so I bought it.

The sound quality is excellent throughout, but on "Love's In Need Of Love Today (Live)" I get distortion and rumbling. I've never had this on a CD before. I have to turn the volume down for the speakers to cope. I have a lot of Techno/Dance CDs and I don't get that with them even though some of them have crazy levels of bass. So something is definitely amiss with that particular track rather than my equipement. To be honest though, I wasn't that keen on the track anyway. I also found the remixes of "Monkey" tedious (that must be the worst mix the usually excellent Jam & lewis have ever done!), although the 7" edit was quite good. But I am pleased these mixes were included because it makes for a more complete collection. "Hard Day (Shep Pettibone Mix)" is restored to the full 9 minute version here (as it was on the "Faith" CD single). The original edition of this album on CD faded the track out at 6:30 which always seemed odd considering they used less than an hour of disc space and had no need to fade out early.

Although I like "Fantasy", it seems out of place here. It is noticeably from a later period having a very different production sound and much heavier beat (it was the B-Side to the 1990 single "Waiting For That Day"). I would have preferred to see the instrumental version of "Father Figure" instead, which seems to be the only instrumental version from this period missing. There was plenty of room on the disc to have included it, so that was a disappointment because it renders the CD incomplete when otherwise it covers everything from the "Faith" era. Also included is "I Believe When I Fall In Love" which was the B-Side to the 1991 single "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" (it is the live version, even though the sleeve fails to mention that). The bonus tracks should be from the "Faith" period. They could have also included the Monogamy mix of "I Want Your Sex (Parts 1, 2, and 3)" here. The various parts are included on the album, but you can't play them in isolation. Part one mixes out of "Father Figure" and Part 3 is a standalone track on the end fading in. It sounds far better as part of the whole 13 minute suite on the CD single (I Want Your Sex).

Summary:
You can't fault the music. This album includes 6 massive worldwide hits: "Faith", "Father Figure", "I Want Your Sex", "One More Try", "Monkey", and "Kissing A Fool", other good album tracks, plus loads of bonus tracks.
Sound quality is excellent, except "Love's In Need Of Love Today (Live)" which is poor quality.
"Father Figure (instrumental)" and "I Want Your Sex (Monogamy mix)" would have made this a complete collection.
"Fantasy" and "I Believe When I Fall In Love" are out of place, coming from a later period.
on 5 January 2014
Bought this as an mp3 download and really glad I did. I have the cassette (that's music recorded on a tape, for the youngsters) somewhere and have not heard the full album for probably about 15-20 years. Really glad I bought this classic album and got it for £1.99 at the moment.
on 28 November 2012
Had this in prehistoric format which finally got eaten in the cassette player. The first solo album from George Michael with some iconic tracks [Father Figure} which are, to my mind timeless. Guilty pleasure? If so then a little indulgence is a good thing so go on and enjoy.
on 12 August 2000
It has to be his best. Yes it was early , yes it was a change after Wham and yes with hindsight it means something different. It does deserve to be listened to as a singular piece of recording history in a varied and roundly talented career. Its so listenable to and toe-tappingly great. His voice has a maturity that we could only guess at in his work with Mr Ridgely, and confirms that yes, he was the talent! The best one on the album...well...for me its "One more try". For everyone who has woken at 1.30 am trying to make sense of a relationship this is the one. The inevitability of loss, the yearning for honesty and completeness. He's clearly been through it all. Give this a try, have faith!
on 5 November 1999
You will have this one going on for hours as soon as you put it on. This is amazing. This is the best debut album ever, and you will not regret it if you get this in your collection!