Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 June 2011
Firstly, I wanted to listen to this album a few times to see if the review from SamTheMan was accurate. The only other album i've listened to by Tim Hughes was the live one 'Happy Day' which happens to be a cd/dvd combination, and I think that's a great album and well produced which captures the live surroundings perfectly.

I am glad I persevered with extended listening of this album as I can understand to some extent where SamTheMan is coming from. The arrangements of some of the songs are over complicated and over produced and at times I wish some of the songs were just simple acoustic numbers. However, after a few plays the passion and integrity of Tim's voice does start to shine through and some of the tracks are real growers. Songs like God is coming, Never Stop Singing and Jesus Saves will certainly become a part of live worship within many churches.

I would have liked to have awarded 5 stars for this album but because of the over production I can't, but do persevere with listening to this album as many of the songs do speak!
on 11 October 2011
I reviewed this months ago as a 3 star and could understand where SamTheMan was coming from. I have persevered with this album and it has gradually got more and more under my skin. I still feel it has lost some of the rocky intensity of his earlier work but we all change with time don't we? Once I got that out of my mind and tried to listen afresh I found myself growing to like it more and more. So, I have changed my review and upped it a star. I still prefer some of his other albums / songs but this is worth a try.
on 4 February 2012
I love this album. It has a full range of worship songs from tender prayerful pleas to vibrant triumphant anthems. The voice and songwriting is superb and the production works for me. But it has to be heard LOUD! Of all the Christian albums I have listened to in the last twenty years this is the only one where I can honestly say I think every single track works and works well. I have played it constantly and it gets better and better.

The two versions of 'At Your Name' are both great!
on 15 May 2011
This is a really contemporary album with some great new songs and some fresh sounds. Some parts remind me of delirious... The songs are honest and real - great for personal worship, but lots that'd be great in church too...
on 9 June 2011
He's done it again!! Another brilliant album from Tim Hughes full of mind numbingly accurate lyrics to a set up that leaves your ears wanting more. Buy it and you will have no regrets!
on 28 October 2012
I have most of his albums, and this is a fantastic piece of work. The songs speaks of the glories of God. I've heard people commenting on the production, but what's more important, the production, the style or the fact Tim is glorifying God? That is more important. I love Tim's lyrics, obviously used by God for His glory. Yes this is different to his previous albums, but artists have to progress with style as well as times. I don't have a favourite song, but Can't Stop Singing sounds like a Matt Redman track, but adds his own style, Jesus Saves. Tim Hughes is not here to please man, but to please God. Yes, you want the CD to deliver, but for me, the lyrics realising how far God has bought me, means more to me then the style. It's like style over substance, thinking the style is better then the substance (truth/Bible. This is an fantastic album, different, but all glorifying God. Stay blessed.
on 24 March 2011
This is a wonderful offering from a worship leader at heart. I really enjoyed the creative arrangements, including a fantastic treatment of Nikki Fletcher's 'All Glory'. I had never before thought of Tim's voice as beautiful but here his vocals are sublime and 'Keeping the faith' (my top track) shows his gifts off to the best. These songs sound as if they have been lifted from corporate worship and many could certainly be used in that context. There is nothing particularly original about the lyric content or the song structures, but the words will echo your own heart of worship and the melodies are catchy. Definitely a good buy and a tool for worship.
on 17 September 2014
Not convinced this is his best work. Giving it a go but there is a reasonable chance that Radio 2 will win the vote of what to listen to in the car over this.
on 8 September 2011
heard some of these songs at spring harvest minehead 2011 and thought they were really good! Had to get the CD!
on 2 April 2011
I was SO looking forward to this album, being a huge Tim Hughes fan and missing Delirious? too. So it's come as a crashing surprise, after listening to the album several times, to realise that I just don't like it. At all. And the reason is not the songs, its the production. The passion, the intensity, the emotion of Tim's voice and songs has been schmalzed out of existence by overblown over-production - random intros, multi-layered instrumentals and harmonies, and with such a smoothed lead vocal that the music just fails to engage. Perhaps it's because the album involves so many different people (spot the song that isn't co-written with someone else!), all excellent in their own right, that it's ended up as a homogenous mashed potato. Or perhaps Martin Smith just tried too hard. I will still love Tim Hughes, because the man has an astonishing gift, and I look forward to seeing him perform these songs live, when hopefully he will shine through, doing what he does so well. But this CD is off to gather dust somewhere.