on 3 January 2012
Bought these as although I already own a pair of winter boots for use in the Scottish hills, I thought I needed something lighter to use in the more gentle climes of SW England. Swift delivery from Amazon and the boots were comfortable to wear 'straight out of the box'. I used them for about 15 walks of varying distances in all; unfortunately whilst they remained comfortable, they began to let in water around the toe area on each boot, even when I was just walking through long'ish wet grass. Contacted Amazon, explained the situation and they could not have been more helpful in arranging return and CC refund. Going for a pair of similar boots but with Gore-tex lining this time. Fingers crossed !
on 18 April 2012
Out on a 4 hour mail delivery, in torrential rain, these cheap boots stood up to everything thrown at them..!
At the end of the day, my feet were compfy and dry...THIS ADDITION TO MY REVIEW IS WRITTEN AFTER A MONTH OF USE DURING THE WETTEST PERIOD THIS YEAR ..THE BOOTS HAVE STOOD THE TEST VERY VERY WELL! For the price they are an excellent buy..
on 2 January 2012
The first time I tied the laces on these boots one of lace holders came off as I gently tightened the boots! I've been wearing them daily for three weeks and I must say they are not very comfortable during my daily 10km walks. I'm usually a size 12.5/13, depending on shoe, so I ordered size 13 and even with thick socks I find them a little bit too big so sizes seem to run a little big. I can confirm that the boots are waterproof but after three weeks of breaking them in they badly cut the back of my heel yesterday on a very short walk.
on 29 September 2012
Although I find these boots very comfortable for walking in they are no way waterproof, even walking through wet grass the water just seeps in around the front of the boot, just as well have been wearing sandles! This is my second pair of so called Hi-Tec waterproof boots, the last pair were exactly the same. On the plus side they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, only not when it's wet.
on 15 May 2012
I have purhcased Hi-Tec boots before and never been disappointed with them, they are true to size and very comfortable. I haven't worn these boots in very wet conditions so cannot comment on whether they are waterproof or not. The price is very good and they arrived within a couple of days. I am very happy with my purchase.
on 19 October 2012
I had a pair of Hitec trainer walking shoes before these which were not very good.
These are much better and have not split in the first week. They are a size larger than my
normal which works well for Hitec footwear.

I walk over ten miles three times a week so I suppose these are successful in that I have not had blisters
or any other major issues. I do wear an extra pair of socks which always seems to help.
They get wet fairly quickly in the rain and I am seeing wearing at the sole.
They do have slightly mimick expensive walking boots that rock you forward as you walk. I had a pair of very expensive
walking boots that had an excellent forward rock motion as you walked and these have a slightly less comfortable or cushioned version of this which I quite liked. The sole is supportive and firm and not too uncomfortable. Better than the Hitech walking shoe I had previously which was fairly poor in every respect.

The sole is wearing quickly and I expect it will completely wear out before 6 months is past.
I do walk over 30 miles every week and am fairly heavy on footwear.
They are a safe functional choice with at least some shape and comfort/support for winter walking.
Don't pay too much for them though as they will wear out relatively quicky.
on 28 February 2013
These boots were delivered to me 3 days after ordering, so top marks for that. I have been two walks with them at about 5 miles each, all on pavements or footpaths. On my 2nd walk, one of the loops that hold on the lace came off. I re-tied my lace on to the remaining loop and it came off as well. !!!!
All in all not the most comfortable boot I have worn, the material seems very "rigid".
The boots have been returned for a refund.
on 7 May 2012
Was looking for a pair of boots to daily use and with long walking/hiking capability and found!

Had bought some others, Columbia, Karrimor, Head.... nothing similar. These are extremely light, very well built, the sole is very hard and perfect for slippery surfaces.

I may say this is one of the best pair of boot i ever bought.

The sizes are big, i bought UK12 trusting in some others reviews and it fits perfectly! I use Karrimor UK13, Columbia UK13, Merrell UK12.5 or UK13.

Quality and very cheap prices don't match... This are the best price/quality boots!
on 10 June 2013
On the positive side - comfortable, OK to wear sraight out of the box, waterproof.
But - less than a year after purchase the soles have worn down particularly on the outstep, and the one side is right through now so I guess they'll not even make the year. I only wear them evenings/weekends and for pretty light walking (mainly on pavements) On balance, given the low cost, they were probably *just about* worth it, but I wish HiTec could come up with more durable materials for the sole. My Doc Martens are seven years old and they haven't worn through yet...
on 26 November 2012
I needed a new pair of boots after my last pair were starting to resemble tramp shoes! I was on a bit of a tight budget this time around and after a little bit of searching I found these Hi-Tecs.

I'm reviewing them after a few weeks of wear. My review is quite simple: I've walked many miles. I've walked through deep mud, deep puddles, a stream, cow pats and even deep snow whilst abroad!

These boots have exceeded my expectations by a million miles. They are fantastic! My feet have stayed warm and dry every single time I've been out walking. They wash down well after deep mud and they even look pretty cool too!

I used to be a bit of a snob about my footwear, always choosing more expensive brands. In this case my sturdy Hi-Tecs have gone one better than my old berghaus boots... they were totally comfy out of the box (my berghauses needed a bit of work)

The only remaining test is longevity. My last pair of boots withstood 5 solid years of abuse for £130. Even if my Hi-Tecs last a year, it's pretty much the same value year on year (except I get a shiny new pair every 12 months) I should add, I bought these whilst on sale. I paid about £30 for them at the time!

So, a fantastic pair of boots. I'm thinking of getting a second pair 'for best'!