5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Altitude walking boot.
I purchased these boots not for walking but for work. I am a gardener and needed good waterproof boots, not heavy, with good grip on a variety of surfaces.
I have worn them for 5/6 days a week since February and have no complaints.
They have proved to be an excellent purchase, so much so that I am buying a second pair for when these wear out.
I also use...
Published on 12 Jun 2011 by Peter Floyd-Spong

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Practical - but don't last
Published 10 months ago by Mike Haken

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Altitude walking boot., 12 Jun 2011
Peter Floyd-Spong "Peter F-S" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi-Tec Men's Altitude IV Wide WP Hiking Boot (Electronics)
I have worn them for 5/6 days a week since February and have no complaints.
I also use when walking dogs on the moors, in woodlands etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Practical - but don't last, 16 Jun 2013
Mike Haken (Harrogate, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi-Tec Men's Altitude IV Wide WP Hiking Boot (Electronics)
I've been using these for about 4 months, and are without doubt the most comfortable boots I have had. Being all leather, I had to walk them in for about three weeks (about 2 miles dog walking each day) before they were fit for serious use, and since then they've been comfortable, waterproof in wet grass (unlike every pair of Gortex boots I have ever had), and reasonably supportive. However, after less than 100 miles of use, the sole at the heel is already badly worn, mainly from the road walking whilst walking them in.

So, if you're going to be doing lots of walking on hard or abrasive surfaces these won't last long, but if you're on mainly grass they are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars wearability, 5 Nov 2012
The upper sides where contact with leg above the ankle is very stiff and on first usage made legs sore. For subsequent wearings I used thicker socks rolled down below this point, which protected my legs and enabled the boots to become more flexible and
comfortable. Aside from this little teething problem the boots stack up to their maker`s claims, and would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 4 Sep 2013
These are my fourth pair of Hi-tec walking boots. The only reason that I haven't given them a five star review is that the heels wear out before the rest of the boot does. I have just disposed of a pair with perfectly good leather uppers simply because they are uncomfortable to wear with worn heels, having said that they were a couple of years old and have been worn regularly. These boots are durable, comfortable and represent very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Aug 2013
Amazing boots. I have extremely wide feet, and always struggle to get a combination of waterproof and wide fit. these boots cover both. a good wide fit, and waterproof. well done amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 28 Jun 2013
I have very wide feet and struggle to find boots and shoes that fit. These boots are very comfortable and took very little time to "break in". Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, but!, 10 May 2013
The most comfortable boots I have ever worn. Used them mainly for walking at weekends so were not used all the time, however, within less than a year the sole at the heel end of the right boot came apart and I have never been able to fix it even with the use of an experienced cobbler. I have been wearing Hi-Tec boots for a number of years with no problems and on the strength of that have replaced them with another pair of Hi-Tecs.

5.0 out of 5 stars best walking boots, 2 April 2013
great fit, comfy fron day one, fully waterproof, these are my third pair, would recommend again and again quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, 21 Mar 2013
M. So (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Went to several shops to find a decent pair of boots for occasional hiking but in vain. They were either too "cheap" i.e. poor quality or too expensive. I tried a similar pair in a well known high street specilist shop but they were narrow for me. I have wide feet and these Hi-Tec boots are idel for me. I've been wearing them for a while and have no complaints. Treated the uppers with some Granger's G-Wax. I changed the laces though as they came with flat ones. Rounded ones fit the eyelets better. I will update later.

4.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy boot., 13 Feb 2013
Takes a while to break in especially around the ankles.
Looks and feels well constructed and is good for my wider feet.

ARRAY(0xb4b23354)