5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 7 64 bit
Did read other reviews and people having issues with Windows 7 and being this product was so cheap I thought I would give it go.

Plug it in and Windows 7 64 bit found it and installed a driver, I can now see it as a USB Midi Cable (as expected) in Device manager.

Published on 28 Feb 2011 by Carly

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work
Published 15 months ago by Mats

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 7 64 bit, 28 Feb 2011
Carly (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proxima Direct® USB to Midi Cable Keyboard to PC Laptop Adapter - For Win 7, XP Vista Mac Plug and Play

Fired up Reason v4 selected the midi port and away I went without any issues, note I also run ASIO4ALL so there is no latency.

Also tried Synthesia however this does not support ASIO4ALL and hence there is latency when playing.

Mainly want to use it with Reason so I'm happy with the result...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Mar 2011
M. Huggins (Somewhere between East and West) - See all my reviews
Worked beautifully and simply when connecting my Yamaha P95 keyboard to my laptop. Make sure you don't open the application you want it for (eg cubase, or the like) straight off, as it was only after restearting mine worked. Now it works every time no problems. Really cheap, does the job!

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, 28 Aug 2013
the computer recognizes the interface and proper USB drivers get installed. however the MIDI keyboard does not communicate with the device. only the USB light is lit - the incoming and outgoing LEDs stay off and basically the device is useless. I would return it, only 60% of the price was shipping so that is out of the question. I recommend people stay away from this product, as clearly, it may work or it may not (according to many reviews)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 16 May 2012
Must admit I thought twice about buying this having seen the mixed reviews, but given the price there wasnt much at stake.

I'm happy to say that it works a treat with both my PC (Win XP and Soundblaster sound card) and laptop (Win 7 and standard low quality soundcard).

This may help some of you who have had problems. My laptop only detects an incoming midi signal from my keyboard if the keyboard is turned on after the audio app is up and running.

I installed freeware ASIO4All drivers to my laptop which keeps latency very low.

Remember to connect the cable marked "Out" to the "In" socket on your keyboard and vice versa.

Also check you have selected the USB Midi device in your software.

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Problem with cable, 28 July 2011
The product works fine and is worth the money, but i had a problem with it to begin with.

Being new to using midi in and out i expected the "out" midi cable to go into the "out" midi slot... this confused me for near half an hour as my computer refused to pick up the cable.

This was either a big mistake on my part for thinking the "out" port matched up to the "out" cable, or the midi connectors are labelled up wrongly.

Just a heads up for anyone messing with audio midi setups and so on. The device in general once working though does what is expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at all for me, 3 Nov 2011
I bough this to use it to program my MIDI foot controller. I can already do this using my laptop via an M-Audio FastTrackPro. Using an identical setup - same laptop, same software, same foot controller, and simply replacing the FastTrackPro and cables with this device, immediately highlights the problems - the foot controller's programming is messed up (though in a predictable & reproducible way) and the programming software is receiving corrupt data back. Basically, this device doesn't handle SysEx messages correctly.

Many USB-to-MIDI applications won't need SysEx, so it may still be perfectly usable in other situations, but it doesn't support all MIDI capabilities correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What it say's on the tin, 10 April 2011
Exactly what it claimed to be and it worked straight out of the package. And a good price. What more could a chap ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and cheap, 21 Oct 2011
I'm on Win 7, (doesn't say that in description - but it is compatable with Windows 7 !!)with an old Yamaha 740. Works great, plugged in, driver loaded automatically, flashing lights to tell you you're connected. You have to reboot after connection before it can "talk" to your sequencer. Excellent delivery, arrived two days after ordering on Standard Delivery !! On promotion so Silly low price. Best bargain ever for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 18 Sep 2011
Worked well on windows 7. Quite literally just had to plug-n-play! Was compatible with fruity loops, lmms and other DAWs, too. I was very impressed with the price and the delivery was much faster than I would have ever anticipated. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me., 6 Jun 2011
JC (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
Maybe I was lucky but this worked straightaway for me - Yamaha PSR-410 keyboard, Ubuntu Linux 64 bit, Acer PC. At this price, it's excellent value. Given that even with Yamaha's own cable some people seem to have had problems, I'm very pleased.