5.0 out of 5 stars Good and great
Its my first pair of 'real' skates, arrived a day early and im fairly satisfied.
When i was deciding if i shud buy them or not, there was no reviews on the product so decided after buying them i shud do one.
Published on 28 July 2011 by Reira

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in advert, service and product
Watch out when you order these. The advert is not clear and despite wanting an adult size 9 Junior 13 were sent. The sizes for children were in brackets so assumed those outside the brackets were adults and so ordering was confusing. I had to return the unwanted skates at my own cost 8 and was told to re-order direct from Kates Skates. This I did and the company was...
Published 4 months ago by Walnut

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and great, 28 July 2011
The skates themselves, are pretty well designed and very sturdy, if a little stiff even. The covering isnt leather and dirties easily, though im sure could be cleaned just as easily. The laces are long and can cover all, and the shoes themselves can probably accompany people with wider feet.
Fits my feet perfectly, not too tight or too lose. Whilst my friends with hired shoes were in pain on their feet, my feet were perfectly fine.
wore double socks, but i think it hurts a bit around ure ankles and should wear some pads there or something.
The blade themselves are pretty good. Brilliant balance, great for taking off and stopping and even scraping the ice or skidding, the serrated top part is good for that aswell.
Plastic skate covers come with it in the box but its not real skate guards as the plastic breaks easily, though they make good substitutes till you get the real kind.
The shoes are pretty light and dont feel heavy like the plastic ones do, so for those who want to glide easier on the ice and find it easier to do tricks on the ice, i highly recommend these, especially as a first pair of skates.
At first i was deciding between these and a more expensive pair with fur lining but i think these are better value for ure money and fur flattens down after a while anyway, therefore these were definitely worth the money and are the best and most reliable offer ive seen thus far.
So when deciding between this and a more expensive but better looking pair, my advice buy this.
Hope it helped :)

5.0 out of 5 stars ice skates, 17 Nov 2011
These are brilliant skates i bought them on a friday and they arrived on the tuesday i would recomend these for kids or adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 14 Jan 2013
my dad got these skates for me and i love them, there very comfortable and a great fit.There are very well made skates and fun to skate in.

5.0 out of 5 stars great :) n comfy !!!!!!!!!!!!!, 18 Oct 2011
i love these skates!!!!!!!!!!!! there so comfy the first time i wore them they didn't rub and i had thick socks on. a great first buy! thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan 2013
I read the other reviews prior to purchase and was confident I was getting a good pair of skates. The skates are as described, good quality and were delivered earlier than expected. Very happy with skates and service.

4.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL INFORMATION, 22 Jan 2014
As I have discovered, ice skates are NOT sharpened before being dispatched. After a LOT of time spent finding this out and getting the situation resolved, if I were to being doing the process over again, I would buy direct from Skate Hut's web site, where they will provide a sharpening service for 5 for new skates PRIOR to dispatch. (My local rink does not have a sharpening service, which is why this was such a hassle for me.) Hope this information is of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, 6 Jan 2013
Bought these for my daughter as a christmas present. Not only do they look wonderful but she tells me they are so comfortable. Saves money on the hire of the skates and no more waiting in the queues, brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ice skates, sharpened and ready to go., 14 Dec 2013
My daughter and I went to the ice rink today and she had her SFR Galaxy ones whilst I hired whatever the rink had available. Well, no comparison whatsoever! Mine were dull and I could hardly stay on the ice without falling, but hers were perfectly sharp. Needless to say, she was very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars sfr iceskates, 16 Feb 2014
It very spacious and can be worn with double sock if you have a slim fit shoe size.it was perfect for my daughter.it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic skates!, 31 Jan 2014
I spent a lot of time reading about recreational skates and had about 40 in my mind to spend on them, cause I hadn't been on skates for 6 years.
I'm ususally 7.5 on running shoes but I went for size 7. perfect fit! never once they rubbed or felt uncomfortable, I highly recommend these skates!!!!! :)

SFR Galaxy Ice Skates - White - UK 3