Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 29 April 2015
Tron is one of those early 80s movies that has gained a large cult following, due to its ground breaking effects and relatively simple story. I first saw Tron around 83/84 I think on video (showing my age there) , in a double bill with First Blood.
Tron has been available on various formats since the videodisc, video, laserdisc & DVD and now blu ray.Stating that this probably the best it has ever looked would be doing it a disservice.Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxleitner, David Warner (always a good villain), star, Tron looks Awesome.
The extras are superb as well with more added for the blu ray release.
Tron Legacy is the belated sequel -Jeff Bridges returning to his role, and a newer digital look to the movie-i actually quite like Tron Legacy, but it does have the problem of being a "sequel", that said the presentation is superb and Daft Punk soundtrack also very good.
on 14 January 2012
I remember watching the original Tron on vhs in my early years and thinking it was ok. Years passed and I think my memory glossed over the cracks in the original. For it's time it was quite advanced but to appreciate it you have to think about it a little rather than just sit and watch it.

Tron legacy was somewhat disappointing on thr first viewing but it definitely is one of those films you enjoy more and more each time you see it as you understand more of the nuances and the meaning of each line spoken. It really is a great film but maybe it's just more appealing to those who have a dose of geekiness than those who are purely looking for an entertaining story.
It definitely is there but you just need to have watched the film through a couple of times to better appreciate it. I'm looking forward to Tron 3!
on 7 August 2011
Was going to buy a copy of the original special edition Tron movie, however this had gone up to £18 so I thought I might as well get the blueray double pack instead as it was nearly the same price. It has all the original documentaries for that film, although the newer Tron has obviously less in the way of extra's. The original Tron I remember fondly from my childhood and it was one of the films which originally got me interested in CGI. The second film shows now what can achieved, however to me seems a little bit soulless for some reason despite the inclusion of some of the original stars. I don't think they're planning to do another one soon, but hope they do another re-boot at some point as I think it will again reflect the possibilities of story telling with technology and film.
on 27 October 2011
Tron Legacy is THE MUST HAVE MOVIE in a blu ray collection. Picture quality and sound design in their best. The soundtrack is arguably one of the best in the movie history, flows with the movie in every frame. If you have a good surround system just increase the volume level and let the neighbors to complain.
The story of the movie could have been a little bit better but the eye candies that pop out from the screen, will make you forget all the minor flaws.
There are not a lot of things to say about Tron. A classic movie, pioneer of the CGI visual effects based on a very prototype concept.
All in all an excellent product, at a great price. My suggestion is buy it and your B.R. collection will be enriched!

Hope they will make a new sequel soon!
on 24 March 2016
I'm not like most people it seems. You hear everyone complain about Tron Legacy. Even in TV Shows. The Big Bang Theory. Futurama.

I cant quite figure out what thier problem is, to be honest. The original, while undoubtedly a classic and ahead of its time, pales in comparison to Tron Legacy. The film is just amazing from start to finish. The story is cool, the special effects are cool, the music is even cooler ... What's not to like?

Ignore the haters. They dont know what they are talking about. Tron Legacy is an awesome film. And both of them together, in this collection, is a great way to contain them.
on 9 May 2011
Being a big fan of both movies, this became the first Blu-ray release that I pre-ordered. I would expect high technical quality from Disney, and I wasn't disappointed; in particular, the Disney Blu-ray remasterers did an amazing "clean-up" job on the original "TRON". The picture quality is absolutely pristine, and I would guess the movie has never looked better (even upon its original release).

If you want both "TRON" and "TRON: Legacy", and aren't interested in the 3D version of the latter, this set offers excellent value, especially as on Blu-ray, it's effectively 2-for-1.
on 16 April 2012
Excellent Blu Ray release of both the original and the new Legacy. The original is still a classic of the time and always a joy to watch and the new Legacy is absolutlely brilliant. The picture is fantastic and the sound is knock-out too. The picture varies between 1.78:1 and 2.35:1 but I hardly noticed the changes as I was so engrossed in the movie. That is the way it was presented in the IMAX theatres so they wanted to keep it the same on Blu Ray. Terrific double pack which I recommend you have in your collection.
on 1 January 2014
i adored Tron - it was one of my favourite movies and i waited over 30 years for the sequel.
Trying not to spoil anything - We were really disappointed at the omission of one of the major sequences from the original.
The original had some good special effects (for the time) and these were not replaced by modern special effects - the scene was just omitted.
i still bought the box set though - Some things you just have to own, regardless - Maybe they'll make a better job of a Tron 3!
on 2 February 2013
I loved Tron when I was younger and watching it for the first time in years was quite an experience especially on BluRay. Some of it looks really dated but some of it still looks really impressive. When then watching Tron Legacy the difference is blatantly obvious. Everything about Tron Legacy is on a different level, visually its one of the best films I've seen especially on BluRay - in fact its the first film I wanted to buy when I bought my new HDTV With surround sound, awesome.
on 1 August 2011
I was a big fan of the original film and the follow up although failing to deliver on a mass scale is still a highly polished stylish film.

This box set is a must for any fan and both the original and its modern squeal look great playing through my sony blu ray player on my panasonic plasma.

The additional features are also a notch above other blu rays i have purchased recently.