5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published on 10 July 2011 by Mr. Michael M

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but massive issues with steam.
I have played Dawn of war 2 before and the game is amazing, one of the best RTS's ever made, however I had a few issues with this product:

1. The game cases, booklets and outer casing arrived and are in French (not such a problem, its just a case)
Published on 30 Jun 2011 by Frosty

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is a really enjoyable game, when I bought the entire series of Dawn of war II, I wasn't that sure what to expect as I had read that it was quite different than the original Dawn of War games. When I actually played the game I was pleasantly suprised that it was really enjoyable, fair enough there is no base building which on first view looks quite bad - But it isn't, it is just a slightly different style of gameplay which I enjoyed as much as the other games. It is also nice to see the Tyranids in this game. If you like strategy games and/or the Warhammer 40,000 universe then this is a game you should look into purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Late to the title, wish I hadn't been., 1 Aug 2012
Ben Carver (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I came to DoW2 pretty late, having played DoW to death and not liking the sound of not having base building as a key factor of the game. Eventually I caved in and bought DoW2 and wish I had got it sooner, with the gameplay being quite different but just as much fun. The game starts off with a fight against the Orks and evolves from there, with plenty of 40K references and wargear to keep devout fans happy while also maintaining a balance to keep the non-40K gamers interested. Gameplay is much different from DoW, with a limited selection of units sent into battle and the need to keep them at full strength using key strategic points. This has the effect of making the game much more tactical than the original and keeps the game feeling more urgent as there is no option to simply go back to base and rebuild the army.

Story was good and helps to keep the player engaged and force choices. Graphics quality was generally good with it looking a little choppy at a few points only (full quality settings @ 1920x1200). Sound is quite good, with some firefights really getting hectic over a decent set of headphones or 5.1 system. Overall, would recommend and for the price is a good deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but massive issues with steam., 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

2. I can see no viable reason why you have to activate this game on steam, it continually gave me errors saying it could not connect to the network to activate the product key (even though it was connected, I tried a few other games and they worked perfectly fine) and as of this point I am yet to actually be able to play either the gold edition disk or retribution disk you receive in the collection and all due to steam issues.

In summary, the game itself is great, actually installing the game however leaves a lot to be desired.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where do I begin, 24 Oct 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Activating the game has to be done via Steam so the disc's are virtually useless as the content gets downloaded so for those of you with a limited download package be aware. Not only that but you also have to sign up to Windows Games Live which is yet another annoyance and this is before you can even play the game which is very frustrating. The game itself is very good even though it differs from DOW 1, however given all the faffing around you have to do to play the game and also the fact that the cover comes in French and Dutch I feel let down by Amazon and the fact they don't explain you need to use Steam to activate it. Otherwise I would have avoided buying it in the first place given all the hoops you have to jump through to play the game.

As much as I hate to harp on but I feel I must please avoid buying it from here try to get a copy that doesn't require Steam if possible as trust me you'll hate yourself for it otherwise.

2.0 out of 5 stars Someone at corporate HQ went crazy over registrations, 8 Mar 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I don't need to repeat what every other reviewer has said about the registrations. You have to register for BOTH; STEAM and Games for Windows accounts and then log into both of them each time. Someone at Corporate HQ went over the top for this. It's a computer game not the secrets to the launch codes for Trident missiles.

I paid the £7 reduced price because I heard that there was a decent game to be had if you got past the registrations. I spent an hour and finally got registered on STEAM. Halfway through Games for Windows registration I got bored. It just wasn't worth the time. There are other games out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam!, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
All sorts of problems with CD keys and steam, Still haven't got it to work. Game might be OK - I will never know....

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 5 July 2014
Works well, great game

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, shame about the duff CD Key, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this boxset for myself having enjoyed the orginal dawn of war series prior to this and have full enjoyed playing this game. My only complaint other than the main box and plastic sleeve are in german, which was not shown in the listing, is that the 3rd CD key, the one for the second expansion Retribution doesn't work. Unlike the other keys which where on sticker inserts in their respective cases, this one is on the back of the manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Amazing game, lots of depth to the multiplayer but very hard online if your new to it! Still loving it though! I really hope they make a third instalment to the series

5.0 out of 5 stars pc game, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
i carn't say much about this as i got it for my boyfriend and he's not said much about it but all i can say is he plays it offen

Dawn of War II: Complete Collection (PC DVD)