5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome rock / electronica band - nicely dark!, 16 Nov 2005
Bystander (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
I heard the track 'Dream' on internet radio and was simply blown away. It owned. Being a fan of such bands as Blue Oyster Cult, Deftones, Garbage and Nightwish, I found the sound was a perfect fit. I tracked down the other songs, and most were equally impressive. It's not often you get an album worth listening from beginning to end, but this is one such work.
Musically this is definitely rock, and although there are 80s electronica influences, it is dark enough to remain firmly cool. The beautiful female vocals are one of my favourite elements, setting The Birthday Massacre apart from most commercial rock, and giving it a really elegant feel.
Get the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's Style Techno-Metal, 5 Sep 2006
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
I will say now that, if you're into this sort of music, that this is a BRILLIANT album. Imagine the Human League being redone by Marilyn Manson and you'd almost be close to envisioning the roaring Techno-Metal-Pop that is the Birthday Massacre.

Sweet and heavy all at the same time, Chibi's vocals give the quitars a soft edge, without them losing their funkyness... and we all love funkyness =D

This album can be haunting, thrashy and sweet all at the same time, which is a rare thing to find... I'd reccomend this to anyone who loves to discover new and exciting bands before most other people ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
Big fan of the birthday massacre, the album arrived in perfect condition and quickly, happy to own a physical copy and support the band.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Album For Goth Metal Fans, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
The Birthady Massacre have a unique sound of dark 80's electronica mixed with heavy guitars and soft vocals by chibi.This is the first Birthday Massacre album i bought and to me the best one so far. The follow up album "Walking With Strangers" is pretty good album , but a close second. Violet is a solid album full of standout tracks such as" Blue", "Lovers end", "The Dream" and "Video Kid".

5.0 out of 5 stars Band of the Century (21st), 8 Jan 2008
S. Hather (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
I buy very few albums, last time I bought one was 1995. This album and band are a breath of fresh air...blowing at you at 2000 miles an hour!

I discovered this band on "Pandora", played every track I could find on there, and loved it so much I just had to buy it, listened to it 5 times in row when I got it.

Shame Pandora is to be closed to everyone outside the USA (approx 5.5 Billion of us) They might have sold a few more copies of the album. And they say record sales are down due to piracy? I don't think so.

Buy the album...you won't regret it!

p.s. can I give it 6 of 5 stars?

4.0 out of 5 stars 80s Electronica meets Metal, 30 Aug 2009
I. J. Davies "The Rock Addict" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
I have all of TBM albums and they really are a good listen and compliment my Hard Rock & Metal collection by adding a twist of electronic layers.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 12 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Violet (Audio CD)
I bought this album knowing they sounding like some of my fav bands and well.....now they have become my fav band!!! AWESOME album!!!+~+~+

Violet