Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 17 December 2007
I literally trip over Birthday Massacre (TBM) playing on someones mySpace. It was one of their older songs, but it was actually a well crafted song if you look past the goth undertones. I'm not into any sort of 'image' or buy into any look. Just a fan of great music.

I have all three Albums now and I'm stunned, at how such an unknown band, can go almost unnoticed writing some of the best and innovative music in years. On this album, the lyrics, music and more importantly the overall atmosphere created are terrific. You can hear all sorts of influences in there. It sounds a mixture between great 80's synth, rock, a little bit of The Cure, and beautiful singing by Chibi (who just happens to be very cute). I can hear at least a few top charting singles in their as well, such Kill The Lights.

Music is due a change in direction from live guitar bands (like arctic monkeys) and I really think TBM sound is what we are to look forward. With this album, which is their best body of work, they are heading to the big time, and should change music for the next few years.

If your not into any scene, or you think your too old for this kind of music. If even the name puts you off. Think again, If you can recognize great well written and played songs. You will love this band. Everyone who I introduced to the Album have become fans. Its simply that good! It sits up beside Counting Crows, Bowie and Audioslave in my cd rack as an equal.

Go buy the album now and get on at the ground floor before this band goes global!
on 25 November 2007
I first heard this album playing in the background in my local record store. I bought it immediately. Synth/industrial rock with a gothy twist, incorporating edgy guitars, haunting vocals and intense keyboards, this really has it all. Highlights for me were the opening track, "Kill The Lights", the intense and pounding "Red Stars", and the ethereal "To Die For". This band certainly deserve more recognition.
on 7 March 2008
I was already a fan of TBM before this album and it has just cemented my adoration for them.

It's hard to pigeon-hole them into one genre and equally hard to say "oh if you like so-and-so you'll love TBM". It's very similar to past albums but possibly doesn't share the darkness of past tracks such as "Lovers End" and "Happy Birthday".

Stand out tracks for me include the fairytale theme of "Kill The Lights", the Placebo-esque "Falling Down", beautiful "Unfamiliar" and "Weekend".

You also have the "Blue" of this album - "Red Stars" and reworked "To Die For".

It finishes on the dreamy "Movie", the sort of track you drift off to and gets entwined in your dreams.

The only potential skipped track for me is "Walking With Strangers" as I'm not keen on the vocals.

If you have any interest in female vocalists, gothic music, synth, electro then give this band a listen.
on 3 February 2008
Being a fan of The Birthday Massacre starting with the "Violet" album I was hooked by the ambient / horror / fantasy / industrial / synth-pop (yes I don't think there is one genre to describe them!).

At first I was not as taken in by "Walking With Strangers" as I was with "Violet", I suppose The Birthday Massacre have taken a slightly different approach to this album compared to previous efforts which is understandable.

However after a few sittings I realised that this is still The Birthday Massacre at heart, producing alluring & fun vocals, haunting & stunning ambient sounds, heart pumping base lines & overall amazing construction & mix of songs.

The Birthday Massacre is something you have to experience, from stumbling across their "Nothing & Nowhere" website & being instantly hooked proved to me that this was something special!

The name of the band as mentioned by above reviews can make this sound like a "kid/teen" "gothic" band (the general group at the concerts is a 13-20's but on 1st hand experience I have also seen all ages) but I feel it can be enjoyed & appreciated by anyone.

I hope The Birthday Massacre stick to the label they are on and don't get sucked up by a big major music label because I can't wait to hear what's next!
on 4 February 2008
This is the first album I have bought by this group and my decision was based on other reviews here. Synth/ rock/ goth I'm not sure, but I am sure that the melodic female vocals are beautiful to lsten too and the songs have a haunting melody, Track two Goodnight reminds me of Placebo but you are welcome to disagree.
on 6 June 2014
I love this band, their music is amazing, hauntingly satisfying and the cover fits the mood of the songs as well :)

The CD came perfectly sealed parcel, it was undamaged and clean, it plays really well on my stereo and there is a great variety of songs that tie together nicely so I have no complaints at all!

You can easily listen to their songs on YouTube if you're uncertain about whether to buy this CD or not, definitely check out; Goodnight, Red Stars. Looking Glass, To Die For and Walking with Strangers, those are my favourite songs-though not necessarily in the right order, this is just the order they're in on the CD case.
Anyone who's a fan of rock/metal/pop will appreciate them, definitely listen to their music first before purchase, they may not be for everyone, but these are one of my all-time favourite bands! :D
on 30 September 2013
A great range of sounds with some catchy riffs. Brilliant female vocals. I think my favourite tracks are Red Stars and To Die For.
on 10 December 2014
A great suggestion from a friend. I loved this album the first time I listened to it!
on 29 April 2008
i cannot begin to tell you how good this album is, but i'll try. think the cure, kill hannah, depeche mode and rammstein all together and add a beautiful female voice. i do believe that TBM originate from canada. a fellow reviewer said that this music is for teens. i disagree, the songs are too well written & complex to be for teens.

BUY IT NOW