Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 June 2011
Although only getting into drum & bass recently, I have listened to a lot and this rates as one of the best drum & bass albums I have heard. Each vocalist adds something different to each track and they all bring their own distinct feel to the album. All the tracks are quality but if I had to pick out some top tracks they would be: One (feat. Sophie Paul), Set Me Free, Shine In (feat. Natalie Williams) and Piece of You (feat.Stac). However my favourite would probably be This Feeling (feat. Ben Westbeech) which is an absolute soulful banger.
All in all I would highly recommend this album. I love every single track and despite being relatively new to drum & bass this album would really place as one of my top albums of all genres. I would recommend it to both d&b vets and newcomers alike as it truly is a liquid masterpiece and is simply really good music.
Also worthy of note is the bonus track called In the Lonely Hour (feat. Logistics) which you can buy exclusively off the Hospital site - definitely worth getting.
on 5 May 2011
Having heard various samples on the hospital podcasts i was quite intreeged about the album.I've been a Nu tone fan for some years but never really liked more than a handful of his tracks.I'm glad to say this is the turning point,with some great vocal samples and just some amazing new sounds this is the album you must have,it's just got a good combination of good beats and amazing spine tingling vocals that will keep entertained for more than 5 mins,In short nU tone with a new bag of tricks,You won't be dissapointed if you liked back of beyond,and brave new world,you will absolutly love this album.Top marks
on 1 July 2011
good album? yes. worth spending cash to put in your collection? yes. The debut album Brave Nu World had 9 full on anthem tracks and just a few bad ones. Words and pics has 7 full on anthems and 6 not slower less exciting ones. but, these 6 have been given a healthy dose of lyrics, excellent vocalists and some unique soulful sounds to keep them interesting.

overall this is a more soulful, refined, lyrical and chilled out album. but for a bit more speed brave nu world is not too far behind.
on 12 March 2011
Another superb album by Dan Gresham his best yet!!!

Its a must for all Drum and Bass/Hospital Records nuts!!!
on 9 March 2011
One of those albums where you really cant pick out one tune in particular as outstanding, as they are all sensational in there own right. Calibre's 'even if..' album is another recent example for me.

How another reviewer can describe this album as 'uninspiring' is beyond me. I found the album truly inspiring, its got such a good feel to all the tunes; the vocals and bass lines are completely on point and are presented with a very different sound.

Cannot wait for summer, this album will be even better with added sunshine :D

Overall, if you like feel good drum and bass, tasty basslines or vocals in your dnb: an absolute must have.
on 29 December 2011
... And I will be coming back for more. I am already in the hunt for some more of their cd's, this was a really good introduction, track 1 is a classic for me. BUY
on 26 August 2014
Great, Thanks!
on 6 March 2011
This album is just a bit bland. It doesn't really offer any big tunes that really hit you and its attempts at soulful d&b leave me feeling pretty uninspired. I wouldn't bother.