5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear N 300 wireless ADSL2 modem router.
Published 15 months ago by Barry

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless
Became so hot that I was worried it was going to catch fire. Also dropped out etc etc, the usual modern day router problems. Sent it straight back.
Published 4 months ago by A. Jenkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear N 300 wireless ADSL2 modem router., 6 April 2013
This review is from: Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router Mobile Broadband Edition (Accessory)
Absolutely brilliant. I have talktalk broadband. Not being a computer nerd I had some concerns at installing it. I need not have worried. The instructions were clear and concise. It talked to my computer (Sony VA10 All in one/windows 7) straightaway. I followed the on screen instructions without problem. It took probably ten miutes from switch on to operating. I had ready my Broadband User Name and Password but they were not neccesary. The Kindle connected to my Amazon account on switchon. What more to say?

4.0 out of 5 stars Set up wizard kept freezing, 25 April 2013
A. Smith "cs" (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this product to replace a Netgear that i have had for years, and which kept dropping out.
Once plugged in the browser went straight to the set up wizard which was where the problem started, the set up kept freezing and I had to disconnect and start again, it took about 40 goes before I got through it all.

Having said that once set up it has worked brilliantly, and I have 4 computers and a wireless printer, plus the families phones all linked to it, and the drop out has been zero. It is also a lot faster than the one it replaced.

If the set up hadn't been so frustrating, I would have given it five stars

5.0 out of 5 stars A FINE PEREFORMER, 3 Jun 2013
PROVIDES GOOD COVERAGE AND IS PRETTY STRAIGHTFORWARD TO SET UP. AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE GOES I CAN'T TELL MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND ANY OTHER MODEM ROUTERS I HAVE HAD. IT CERTAINLY COSTS MORE. THEREFORE, PROVIDED IT LASTS LONGER THAN THE BELKIN I HAD BEFORE (18 MONTHS), I WILL BE WELL SATISFIED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 18 Sep 2012
I've had quite an array of modem/routers over the years, my last decent one being the Netgear DG834N which in itself was good for the years it lasted, it started to get a bit temperamental after a while and require daily reboots.

Working from home I needed something more reliable so switched this with the BT Homehub I got when I signed up to BT Broadband. I was actually quite impressed with this but found that where I could once happily stream music from my Windows 7 laptop to the Xbox 360, the laptop could no longer see it. Long story short, it's an issue with the model of router I had and every clever trick I found to get round it failed, hence the search for a new router.

I narrowed my choice down to this and the Buffalo Wireless-N Nfiniti AirStations ADSL2+ Modem Router and regrettably plumped for the Buffalo. I've since returned it and written a review on here in case you're interested.

This modem/router had no reviews but there were plenty of glowing reports on the DSL version which I presume is essentially the same beastie. They weren't wrong, it's a great little modem/router, very easy to configure looks good and has a great range. It also has a base to allow it to stand on end which is better for me, it looks good like this also. I've had it around a week now and have had absolutely no issues, it works fine with the Xbox too. The config screen looks similar to the DG834N but is noticeably more comprehensive so I'm assuming it has a wide range of functionality.

Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router Mobile Broadband Edition, 23 May 2014
I have previously used Netgear routers with limited success. This one has the benefits of n rated speed and coverage. It works well with iphones, iPad, smart TV, and laptop. The set up was not too bad either, but I would make sure you have all the settings from your old router printed out before you install this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 23 Mar 2014
A. Jenkinson - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work!, 13 Feb 2014
Unfortunately this router wouldn't work and, when I first unpacked it, it had scratches on the stand and finger prints on the casing. Very quick return and refund was organised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Router, 29 Dec 2013
I have always used Netgear routers and have had no complaints with the old one we have replaced - it has worked constantly and without fault for over 5 years and is only being replaced to get the benefits of n rated speed and coverage. Having finally got it set up it works a treat but beware, the set up was not straight forward and after much trial and error I had to contact my ISP to get certain settings. I would recommend making screen shots of all the current router settings before attempting to set up the new Router and even then you will need some help unless you do this sort of thing for a living.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be very careful, 24 Dec 2013
Have now had 2 of these and both have burnt out. There is nothing wrong with my power supply (smoothed and protected). Smell for a while and then no internet. I'm now back with an old Netgear which I have had for several years, just wanted something a little quicker but not worth the risk of burning the house down. It could be just a bad batch but it does seem that more and more electrical equipment only last a short while. Be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 18 Dec 2013
i have owned buffalo routers for years now and decided to try something else. this is an excellent product. so far after 2 months we have had no internet crashes , improvement in quality of streaming on ipad etc and it was by far the easiest router i ever had to set up, roughly 5 minutes and it was up and running ! great product