on 27 November 2012
Well, having read a lot of yoga mat reviews, I am now joining the this mat is NOT slippery front. I already own the thinner warrior mat which I use for my yoga classes which are on carpet. At home I don't have carpet so I wanted to try the thicker one and it is nice and thick but not too thick (you can still balance on it).

Now, is it slippery?
When I got my first mat I used to slip around a lot but after a few uses it got a lot better. Now today I got the new mat and this time actually read what it says on the band around the mat. It says: wipe with wet cloth and then towel dry to make mat less slippery.
So this time I put my mat on the floor (side I want to stand on up) rubbed it with a damp/wet cloth and then used a towel to rub it dry (not violenty, but with a bit of rubbing). Now even the brand new one isn't slippery at all any more. It might even be the least slippery mat I've ever used.

I assume on a hot summer day or doing bikram yoga you might still slip but it's not a magical item so I would say for a normal, reasonably priced mat it is remarkably unslippery if you read the manual ;-)
on 21 August 2012
I bought this to do my Jillain Michaels and Insanity workouts, so it needed to be tough! I find the mat is a great help in supporting my wrists and legs when I'm doing harder exercises like push ups and side planks. I get quite sweaty doing the workouts, but the mat does not let me slide or slip out of position, and it is quite easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth after the workout. It folds away nicely in my room, and is quite long. I'm approx 5.8 and its way longer than me. It could have been slightly wider, as I'm slim and when I do the side plan on it there is not much width before I hit the carpet, but its not a huge issue. The blue colour is lovely and calming, not too garish like yellow or pink would be. I will use it for yoga too
on 5 July 2012
I bought this product because it was thicker than the usual yoga mat and as someone who previously suffered from back and knee problems, I was experiencing a lot of pain using less padded mats.

Now that my back pains are a thing of the past I am noticing more and more that when doing more strenuous yoga, if my palms or my feet get at all sweaty (even slightly)I begin to slip. I do not feel at all secure practicing even down-dog in yoga, and this detracts from my concentrations and also stops me working to my highest capacity.

To develop the level of my practice and to feel confident when working strenuously, I will be upgrading as soon as possible.
on 17 July 2012
I bought this mat based on the good reviews it got and was very disappointed. It is VERY slippery!! Without sweating I constantly felt that I did not get a proper grip on the mat. I spoke to someone in my yoga class who experienced the same and had tried to wash it to see if it became less slippery afterwards but it had not helped.
on 11 March 2013
Bought on the basis of positive Amazon reviews, and reasonable price.
Delivered from Amazon in a box so no transit damage.
Slight odour when first unwrapped, but if left opened out for a few hours odour is then almost indiscernible.
Definitely more comfortable than my old 4mm mat, the extra 50% thickness is really noticeable on a hard floor.
I don't find it slippery like some reviewers.
My yoga class teacher gave it the thumbs up, and so have I.
on 8 February 2012
This is a the first yoga mat I have bought, I was worried that a mat wouldn't lay flat & would curl up. This lays flat, its soft, I no longer get sore knuckles from the carpet! so pleased I got a 6mm instead of a 3 mm mat, really good price, just what I wanted for my gymnastics & yoga.
on 12 February 2014
I bought the Red/Orange version which is lovely. The mat is excellent for yoga, it is not slippery and it has a good thickness which allows comfortable postures on the back. It doesn't wear out easily so very good long-term investment. It is quite bulky and heavy. Great purchase.

See one answered question