Format: DVDChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 30 November 2011
It took me a while to get into the story, because it really has it's own little world. There is a mix of characters, some that you will hate, some that you will love and some that you will love to hate. The series takes it's own path, it mildly resembles the books, but at the same time it is completely different. Personally I think this series would be a lot better without it's leading stars Sookie, Bill and Jason... but that is a matter of taste. And it's a good thing that it's not up to me, or this series would be called Pam and Eric (with a side dish of Alcide, but that is just for my viewing appetites). True Blood is strangely addictive. I managed to discard the little indescrepancies in the plot or the constant reinventing of the characters and really enjoy it. There is a touch of brilliance in all the madness, and though a lot of things aren't exactly new and refreshing, it has been made new and refreshing in the way it is presented. If you are easily offended by blood or nudity, this is not the series for you. A friend of mine called it Spartacus with fangs (not completely true, but it gives you an idea, lol)
on 10 January 2012
I am a huge Vampire Diaries/ Twilight fan, and am in my early 30s. My friend watched this and liked it, so I bought on this basis. I regret this!

I really don't like it at all. It is set in a poor community in USA, with characters so unlikeable that I cannot even think of one that I like. The acting and production is good. But I don't like the story, or anyone in it. It has unpleasant scenes in it too. Really unlikeable.
11 comment1 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse