5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a dummy any longer
Published on 30 Jun 2010 by jena

3.0 out of 5 stars useful
this book was one of two i purchased and i must admit it o.k for some things but can be quite complicated considering it's titled essay writing for dummies!!! prefered the other purchased in all honesty but will use it on occasion.
Published on 16 Feb 2010 by Mrs. J. L. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a dummy any longer, 30 Jun 2010
Having been trying and failing to get to grips with essay writing I turned to this book. What an excellent book this is. Everything is explained in easy terms, no detail of the essay-writing process has been left to chance. How I wish I had bought this before I started Open University instead of part way through my courses. I would consider this book to be essential for anyone having trouble with essays, it has certainly improved my writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Demystifies essays, 18 Feb 2011
I haven't had to go through the whole book yet as I'm not that far along with my essay writing however I feel I've read enough to warrant writing a review. As a bit of background, I haven't had any formal education since GCSE's over 12 years ago and I'm just beginning an OU course in humanities.

So far I'm very impressed overall with the book. I've not had to write an essay before and I feel the book has demystified the process of writing an essay by explaining clearly what an essay is/isn't and how to write one. It's full of easy tips to follow and I feel has helped me a lot.

The only drawback I would say the book has is that it in the beginning it reassures the reader a lot that the reader can do well in their undergraduate degree because after all, the reader has obviously won a place at University on their merits. However if you're at the Open Uni this isn't quite true so it's not very reassuring!

I would recommend buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writting Essays for Dummies, 1 Feb 2010
A. Mcewan - See all my reviews
Easy to understand, It was easy to follow and make changes in my essay writting style, Book arrived in good condition and on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Aug 2013
As a Study Skills Teacher, I've found this book to be very useful and effective to review my own practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!!, 25 April 2010
I love this book. It is packed with useful easy to read information and brilliant ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Writing Essays For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I found this useful, it gives a more of understanding to writing essays, gives good notes, the lay out was very good, nice colours used throughout

5.0 out of 5 stars my wife love this !!!, 6 Feb 2014
I got this for my wife, she has used it and is very happy with it. She is doing a uni course and just got her results for her 1st essay using this book and has improved her marks. Prompt delivery and good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Writing Essays For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
This purchase was a great buy, it came quickly, very pleased with the transaction. It has helped me a lot with my studies, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Mar 2013
Every beginner to essay writing should have this book in their collection, very helpful and easy to understand. Worth it's weight in gold.

4.0 out of 5 stars essaysssss, 29 Jan 2013
Haven't read all of this book yet, but Its incredibly helpful where necessary for my degree writing, which I tend to be AWFUL at!!

ARRAY(0xad8977bc)