on 2 January 2012
I was looking for a case to safely store a TomTom Start 25 sat nav unit, and after looking at a multitude of cases that were available at differing prices settled on this one. I didnt want to spend too much as I think alot of sat nav accessories are over priced for what they actually are.

The case arrived quickly and I wasted no time in putting the Sat Nav inside to test it out. The case is roomy and the sat nav unit happily sits inside - okay its not a snug or tight fit but I don't see this as an issue and the sturdy build of the case does afford the unit (or whatever else you put inside it) protection. Don't get me wrong, the fact it isnt a snug or tight fit doesn't mean the sat nav is "flying around" inside the case either and any extra space inside potentially allows room (as with my sat nav), for the charging lead or traffic data lead so I am able to carry what I need in one cheaply priced and up to the job case.

Given the price, I think the case is good value for money, is of a sturdy build quality and gives my sat nav protection when not being used which is what I wanted it for.

I am pleased.

UPDATE: 22nd November 2013

I am still pleased with this case which I still use to protect my TomTom Start 25 Sat Nav - no obvious or apparent signs of wear or breakage on the case (internally or externally) with the zip still shutting it securely as it did when I got it.

UPDATE: 30th December 2015

Case still in use protecting my TomTom Start 25 Sat Nav - still no obvious or apparent signs of wear or breakage on the case (internally or externally) with the zip still holding as firm as it did when I got it.
11 comment|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2012
Rather hesitant about purchasing this what with some of the adverse comments,well went ahead regardless and am i glad i did my tomtom via135 (5"screen)fits perfectly plus car charger,leads and tom tom mount,all in one handy case.Perfectly delivery packaging up to Amazon excellence.
on 12 July 2012
Yes it's a bit big, as noted in other reviews, but it depends what you want to use it for - if you just want to put your satnav in it, you could do with a smaller case, but if you want one that will take the cable as well, this is the one for you.
on 4 January 2014
while the carrying case is large enough to put all the items in. the description stated that it is a hard case.....not correct it is a soft case so do not expect otherwise.
on 5 September 2011
A perfect case for 5" Satnav's etc, at half the price or more compared to manufacturers original. Room for the power cable as well which is shielded from the appliance screen so no risk of scratching.
on 4 March 2013
Bought that carrying case for my Sat Nuvi 5 inch and its just fit it well with huge space which you can put inside your USB cable and even more.Love the way it looks ...
on 6 March 2012
This hard case for a 5" Tom Tom performs exactly as required: there is plenty of space snugly to contain both an 825 Europe TomTom sat-nav (or similar 5" model)together with its in-car charger unit and cable, keeping everything safely together, unlike the over-expensive Tom Tom's branded case which is too slim to hold the charger and cable. One suggestion is to protect the sat nav's sucker with a piece of plastic while in the case to prevent it getting linty eg use the circular lid of a plastic food container
on 16 September 2011
The quality is right, but is too large to fit in your jacket pocket and to carry about. Added to this the device need to be trapped with the strip leaving a lot of room inside the case. It is no point to get the charger inside as the sat. nav. could be damaged.
on 22 September 2013
I have a 5 inch gps, a Garmin one. I protected it very nice for 2 years inside a paper air bubble envelope, 1 envelope costs half a Euro to 1 Euro (half a pound to less than one pound, the Euro is somewhat "cheaper" than the UK pound). The big downsides of this envelope: the gps cable was not inside the envelope (I was carrying inside a backpack or I was leaving it in the gloves box), I had to keep the envelope inside the box of the technical book of the car for some added protection, even if I took good care of how to handle the gps while not using it, it was not presentable (not that you want to show off with a GPS).

So I decided to "jump" from the 1 Euro/2 years (1 envelope lasts without any issues for 2 years) to the 10 Euro carrying case. Just for the try. Up to now, the positive points of the bag: it protects better than the air bubble envelope and it's by far more presentable; the gps cable has plenty of space inside, it is a well built product. The big disadvantage: it is definitely much bulkier than the air bubble envelope, you need a small handbag to carry it and you may find that the "small" handbag has to be the size of a lady's medium size purse... The pictures on Amazon are perfect for describing how the case looks like.

So, basic conclusion: it is a good case. I will write a new review in about 2 years (or faster if the case appearance will degrade notably). If you want value for your money, you need a bit more attention, buy a bubble envelope and carry your gps, 1 Euro (1 Pound) for 2 years. If you want a bit more of nice looking carrying conditions, this case is a very nice kit for any 5 inch GPS. Some people are complaining about the "inside space" of this case: I'm saying that the big inside space is perfect , my GPS cable would not have sufficient space inside if the case wouldn't be this size.
on 31 August 2011
As per product states this is a basic case it is fairly well made but is rather large . I have a 5 inch screen Tom Tom start 25 and it almost rattles around inside the case.There is no real shape to the inside to hold it in place as it is a catch all case. Even if you put your lead in as well there is still bags of room ,so this could have been made a little slimmer too.
All in all worth the money but rather large