5.0 out of 5 stars great quality extension for very little money
in these times of austerity it is very refreshing to find a good quality product like the 25m Masterplug 4 socket extension cable reel for such a minimal outlay.

i purchased it for heavy use in my medium to large sized garden and it enables me to reach every corner with my desired power tool.

i highly recommend it and for just 16.99, you really can't...
Published on 17 April 2013 by Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars not the toughest material
The title sounds quite bad but it's not really that bad a reel. The best thing is it works maybe a bit flimsy but it doesn't cost the earth and as I say"it works"
Published 23 months ago by JACC

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality extension for very little money, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Masterplug LDCC2513/4BL 25 m 13 A 4 Socket Open Cable Reel with Thermal Cut-Out and Reset Button (DIY & Tools)

i highly recommend it and for just 16.99, you really can't go wrong in my opinion!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 12 May 2013
Use for for power tools and lawn mower. Useful and easy to use, except when rewinding. I read on other reviews that rewinding has been improved by use of a guide attachment, but mine doesn't seem to have that facility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior product to that produced by Silverline, 6 Aug. 2012
TEB (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Had this Masterplug extension reel for a while now and frustrated to see the price has dropped by £6. However I'm still content I got a good value product, as its well made from quality materials and has so far proved faultless in operation; being used most weeks. This is in comparison to the inferior quality Silverline reel I ordered before and returned shortly after, due to the 'safety gate' becoming stuck preventing anything being plugged in.

3.0 out of 5 stars not the toughest material, 13 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfaction on purchase, 31 Aug. 2012
very pleased that I chose to order this paticular model on receiving the cable reel I then
put It to work straight away saved me a lot of hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric cable reel, 3 Nov. 2011
I bought this electric cable reel (at my wife's insistence) to replace an old length of electric cable that I had been using for years and which was well beyond it's safety life.
I am very pleased with this product, it has 4 sockets for electric plugs and a built-in safety cut-out switch in case it overheats if you fail to unwind it fully.
It appears to be sturdy, well made and worth spending that bit extra for a quality product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what one expects, 4 July 2013
It is very lightweight which is an advantage in some ways, but it falls over fairly easily and the little handle thing is quite hard for my arthritic hands to grasp to wind it up, and I have to have a foot on the metal bar at the base to stop the thing from falling as I wind it. However, I might well buy another one if this one gives up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, inexpensive and much easier to use than closed extension reels, 12 Aug. 2013
S. Burke "Steve Burke" (London) - See all my reviews
I bought a couple of these and I haven't been disappointed - I have another 50m reel but the weight and the fact it needs to be fully unwound when drawing higher currents means these in practice get more use. The one in the garage/garden has had very heavy use and all of the sockets continue to work smoothly without any of the issues some people have reported. The cable is good quality and as there's plenty of space on the reel, it's quick and easy to wind up without it jumping over the edge.

The one in the house remains plugged in in the porch and means the hoover will stretch to all four corners of the house (plus the end of the drive to wash/hoover the car!) plus I don't have to hunt around for an extension lead when needed.

Added bonus of being much cheaper on Amazon than local trade counter too. Triffic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appliances without leads, 25 July 2013
As with most thing these days our lawnmower came with a lead which just might reach to cut a postage stamp. Rather than cut the plug off to attach extra lead we bought this (cutting the wire might invalidate the waranty). An annoying neccessity therefore. However this does the job excellently. If you have a similar problem this is well worth purchasing. The feature we like best is the reel to keep the wire neat once finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, good value cable reel, 2 Nov. 2012
markr - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this to extend the use of electric gardening equipment and it has done that perfectly. For safety this has an overload cut out - but that doesn't get in the way of normal use at all The cable is easy to reel in and out, and it's quite light and easily portable - and a good bit cheaper than equivalent products in the superstores. There are 4 sockets to support multiple use.

Glad I bought it - It has made work in the garden much easier for me