Colour Name: Red/Black|Size: 8 GB|Change

on 18 June 2014
properly on a Toshiba bdr :S I bought it as it was recommended for it lmao!!!

nevermind its in vu+solo upstairs in bedroom now for epg doweloads again very very iffy do wouldn't recommend it at all :S oh dear one of sandisks worse efforts If im honest its NORDIC :s :/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 12 June 2015
Holds a lot of information, and I use it everyday. It is very reliable as I use to use a cheaper one which refused to save any information. I also like the fact that you can just push it out to use it and close it by pulling it back, no need for a lid which is easily lost. This Cruzer Edge USB also allows you to put it on your key ring so it is always handy.
on 13 April 2012
Really not happy with this. I've had loads of flash drives in the past, in particular I love my last Sandisk with u3 password encryption - it's only fault is that it'snow filled up, which is why I went for this.
HOWEVER....this one does not register in my usb ports! I've got 3 computers (2 laptops, 1 desktop - all less then 2 years old) and I have to repeatedly turn the pcs off and on and try different ports. It seems to be solely down to pot-luck whether the drive works or not. On one of the occasions it did register (on average about 2/10 occasions) I've managed to put all my work - but now it doesn't register at all. And I can't send it back as it has sensitive data on which I can't erase!
God only knows whether it will register on my computer at work on Monday morning!
Incidentally all my other flash drives still register in the usb drives, so it's not that. And the Sandisk support on their website is useless.
Would I recommend it? NOOOOOO! I've ordered the Freecom one instead.
I picked one of these up in the bargain bin of a local shop with the idea of using it as a "key ring" USB memory stick.

The size of the Cruzer Edge is ideal for that purpose a tiny footprint and retractable tip avoids the problem of losing the cap. Build is "merely acceptable" it's not caused any problems to date, but it's not particularly well made either the plastic cut out hole is larger than it needs to be, and the casing is a bit thin it might not last longer term I'll see how that stacks up.

You get the "SecureAccess" software pre loaded on the flash drive
Actual capacity is 14.9GB

Speed tests yielded good read times for a USB 2.0 device but sloppy write times that really are some way below what I would expect
Read: 22.5MB/s
Write: 4.3MB/s

Read times were above specification, as for write speeds note: "10 MB/sec write speed applies to the first 20 MB of data transfer" Moving files across to the drive did for a short time hit near 10MB/s so the claims on that speed are accurate, the problem is they quickly drop down to under 5MB/s and even lower after the first 20MB of data. Disappointing really even for a USB 2.0 pen drive.

Whilst the drive didn't cost much it could prove frustratingly slow for moving video files or lots of higher resolution photos. Not really recommended lots of choices for USB drives out there this isn't a very strong one.
on 17 May 2016
I bought this to use to upload updates to my Brother Scan and Cut machine which is only compatible with some flash drives. In order for the Sandisk to work I had to delete the files which are already installed on it. It then worked perfectly to transfer the Brother updates. I just delete each update after use and the drive is then ready for the next one to be copied onto it.
on 9 April 2013
Arrived superfast, this is the second one I have purchased as husband utilised the first one, I have not used it yet but having purchased this particular item from another retailer, can not see it being a problem, absolutely excellent value for money particularly when this item can be purchased for twice the amount and half the GB from a well known supermarket :)
on 4 January 2016
I use USB memory sticks a lot for sending large images or files to clients, SanDisk are one of the few companies who i trust to keep my data secure when shooting, so it makes sense to use their USB drives to deliver the files too.

Cheap, never let me down and a quality product.
on 24 March 2013
I have 3 computers that I tried to use this on (2 desktops and a laptop), all running windows 7 64bit. I bought this memory stick as I considered SanDisk to be one of the best companies for this type of product and I needed some security in case of loss/theft, but this stick has failed to work correctly and reliably on any of the machines. It is not recognised on the desktops, and cannot be seen on "My Computer", and refuses to install the drivers to allow it to work. Worse than that, it prevents Samsung Kies from operating, which means that I cannot sync my phone calendar with Outlook.

This is a very disappointing product from I trusted company. I have since found hundreds of pages of issues with installing on Windows 7 PCs and with Kies issues - I just wish I'd known to look for them first.

A waste of £26 I think. It's not even worth returning it - I will just have to find a better brand.

Extremely dissatisfied.
on 15 December 2015
Friends, lend me your ears.

This product is the flimsiest, fiddliest, most worthless disgrace ever to pass for 'technology'. The USB drive only registers about 30% of the time because the retractable bit is all too damn retractable. I need this to submit an essay, and I can't submit it knowing it may not function when it comes to the crunch.

I hate SanDisk with every fibre of my being.
on 24 November 2013
Steer clear of the Cruzer range, as it appears that there is a known issue with the drives becoming read only after a period of time / usage, and no method of re-enabling the drive for writing. The only solution is to return the drive to SanDisk for replacement.