5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This series has to be one of the best I've read for a while.

I was slightly hesitant about purchasing this book at first, as although I loved the first I've often found that series which start with a free book go downhill in the paid sequels. Thankfully this was not the case here and this book was equally enjoyable, well worth the money.
In this book we...
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by Velvet

3.0 out of 5 stars Learner Author working!
Hope the author writes another ten novels in this sequence, because the first book was a strange effort (that I read because it was free) that seemed to me to be the work of a very young first time author. He is, however,getting better (or older)and this book shows a great improvement. Have already bought the third book and will see if he can throw away his L plates...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. S. L. Day

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sequel to rival the best, 20 July 2014
This review is from: The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon 2) (Kindle Edition)
I bought the first book because it was free, and had been mentioned in a fantasy group that I'm a part of from facebook. I was not disappointed: the first book took my breath away and before I knew it I was devouring this one as well. A strong sequel to a phenomenal beginning, the novel introduces new secrets whilst solving old ones, and builds on the wonders of the first one with majestic brilliance. Lallo shows a control of his craft that is admirable. I will say nothing about the story, partly not to ruin it and partly because I read them all so quickly it's hard to separate them from each other, but I will say that it holds its own, not just because the first book was so good but because this one came out even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, 20 Oct 2011
love this book . worth the time and money . i could not be able to put the book down untill i finish the whole serise.

still i can not wait for the next one. will love to have lian back as he deserve some happiness in life.

this is my first with with this writer but i love him already.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and painful., 20 Feb 2013
I'd hoped the second book was going to improve after I'd found the second half of the first book fairly tedious after an ok first half. Unfortunately the tedium continued through the first half of this second book and then past the halfway mark, it just became appallingly and painfully annoying. With boring and repetitive dialogue, the characters (and plot) became extraordinarily irritating and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and predictable, 4 Dec 2012
Dull as dishwater because the prodigy seems to forget all that she knows when there is trouble. Needs rescuing every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sequel, 18 Jan 2012
If you've read the first book, you will thoroughly enjoy this one as well. There are new characters, as well as the old ones from the last book and a lot of spectacular twists. In short, well worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second book in series, 22 Jun 2014
Read this on Kindle and I am not sure if it is the way its written or converted to Kindle but some passages did not seem to quite make sense . But that is only a small quibble on a really good book

5.0 out of 5 stars Feist, Gemmel and Brooks, watch out!, 11 Jun 2014
I have enjoyed every book in this trilogy, it is a very enjoyable read, the ideas behind the emergence of magic is very well described and thought out.

It could do with having a little more grit in the way of Feist and Gemmel's writing, but I am happy to add this author to my list of good reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, 8 Jun 2014
A great read with the makings of a good fantasy film,absolutely couldn't put it down till I'd finished all three books!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jimbo's review, 21 May 2014
Great part 2, I recommend highly and am going straight into the 3rd (final) part of the trilogy. Once again, many thanks Mr Lallo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 May 2014
it's hard not to buy the other books I'm lost in the story and characters, the author is very clever leaving each book on a cliff hanger I had to buy each one straight away I love mystical majick

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›