5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This series has to be one of the best I've read for a while.

I was slightly hesitant about purchasing this book at first, as although I loved the first I've often found that series which start with a free book go downhill in the paid sequels. Thankfully this was not the case here and this book was equally enjoyable, well worth the money.
In this book we...
Published on 3 Dec. 2011 by Velvet

3.0 out of 5 stars Learner Author working!
Published on 13 Dec. 2012 by Mr. S. L. Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon series 2) (Kindle Edition)
This series has to be one of the best I've read for a while.

In this book we see some interesting character development, twists and turns. A great book that leaves you wanting to read more.

The only faults are with the formatting. As with the first book the lack of chapters is slightly disappointing (and has led to some late nights where I just couldn't find a good place to stop reading, although I suppose that's not a bad thing). It would have been nice if there were separate chapters or more use of paragraphs to help break up the text a little.

Overall this is turning out to be a great series, one I'd highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant read., 30 Jan. 2013
Good read and great value.
At the beginning I bought because it was free but now i'm reading the secind book.
This novel is fantasy and some may not appreciate the magic and beasts that are there and sometimes without logic.
However gives good incite into the main character's life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Learner Author working!, 13 Dec. 2012
Hope the author writes another ten novels in this sequence, because the first book was a strange effort (that I read because it was free) that seemed to me to be the work of a very young first time author. He is, however,getting better (or older)and this book shows a great improvement. Have already bought the third book and will see if he can throw away his L plates! At the price I would recommend this to fantasy fans, but I would not risk more than £3.00 on his work at this time.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great easy read, 12 Feb. 2013
Very easy to read perhaps a ta predictable but worth the time purely from an escapist angle thoroughly enjoyed it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 12 Jan. 2013
I enjoyed first book so downloaded 2nd, for the price worth it. I have not been into fantasy fiction for long, but must admit, the last book in series is already downloaded. Yes there is a lot of she,/he dove in the second book. But if you overlook the grammar its very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars utterly addictive read, 18 Nov. 2012
I can't remember the last time i got "addicted" to a book. Well actually i can and it was David eddings belgarion series, and that is how good this trilogy was. The story was impressive and the characters were well developed. Once i read the final book i went straight to the Amazon store to find more books by this author. I have now got my bug for fantasy back. Thanks Joseph R Lallo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but., 28 May 2012
Both of the books I have read in this series are good stories and hold the enthusiasm and interest but also deliver a great deal of frustration, intended or not.

The heroes are as heroes should be and do what heroes do.
Unfortunately the author has seen fit to make them incredibly stupid, especially the character of Myranda who seldom learns from her trials and tribulations, even as she gains in power and learning. When she gets herself into a situation, and there are many, she seems to forget everything she has learned and is capable of doing, magic-wise.
The Chosen come across as a bunch of losers while the villains appear to be the only ones possessing a brain between them.

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor sequel to a decent first effort., 4 Oct. 2014
I downloaded the first book because I like to look for interesting, lesser known series, and it's always nice to give new authors a chance. As a free kindle download, I thought the first book was enjoyable. The world was interesting and original enough to keep me reading, though the quality of writing wasn't particularly good. The book did the standard, girl/guy goes to some kind of magic school and develops special powers. This wasn't done nearly as well as other famous authors (i.e. Rothfuss, Feist). However - I did read it through so that says something. I don't think I did much skimming either. So, I decided to buy the second book to give it a chance and to see whether the story and world develop and whether the writing improves. This didn't happen. There is very little development (particularly compared to the first book), and the second half of the book seems to be one hastily written scene which is lacking in any kind of mini climax or interval. The descriptions of the battles and fighting are very poor as well. The book could really have done with some editing or advice because there is definitely potential here. Unfortunately, many of the characters are extremely limited and 2 dimensional. I skimmed much of the second half of the book just to see what happens. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing the third book. If you really enjoyed the first book, you may enjoy this (maybe...). However, if you were any way unsure about the first book, do not get this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Second in the trilogy, 9 April 2013
I enjoyed the first book and wanted to see what would happen to Miranda. Not as good as the first book but I couldn't put it down as I hoped it would get better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan. 2013
A fantastic sequel and well worth more than the price. I'm diving straight into the third now. Read this series if you are fan of good, well written fantasy with intriguing characters and a solid plot.