on 5 September 2012
These labels are easy to use - the backing splits horizontally on the back, so it's easy to remove. They're durable: we used some on a couple of outside wheely bins in June, and they still look like they did the day we applied them, through all weathers these past few months.

I got the label maker and tape primarily for labelling my spice jars, and happily:
(1) they're easy to take off one bottle and reapply to a new bottle if I want to change the size of bottle;
(2) they stay on a bottle through washing so I don't need to make a new label every time I use up one batch of spice;
(3) they stay well, and the ones I made when I first got the labelmaker (with its included tape, the same as this) back in June 2011 are still going strong, many despite washing and transplanting.

This tape is ace; I won't use anything else.
review image
on 9 February 2010
The brother TZ tape is an excellent tape for labeling. The print is crisp and clear with a high contrast, and the laminating technique makes the tape very resistant to scratches and wear. The adhesive tape leaves no glue residue on hard surfaces, such as polished metal and glass. It stays on for as long as you need it to, but you can peel it off smooth surfaces if no longer needed, without leaving marks.

Excellent tape!
on 7 April 2013
I bought this labeller and the tape to make garden plant labels. They are excellent and look very smart but I agree that the tape is somewhat expensive and wasteful as there is a large margin at each end of the typing. However, on day 2 I discovered that you can reset the margin, thus reducing the amount of tape used for each label. It is a great toy!
on 19 May 2010
This product is a label tape for use in the excellent Brother P-touch 1000 Label maker, once you have got one of these you will wonder how you ever managed with out them.
I'm A Diver of long standing and the one thing that is most important is regularly servicing the equipment, so I just put a "Last serviced" date label wrap arround my hoses of my Demand Valve regulator HP hoses and everybody can see that they will be diving with a reliable "dive buddy" whose equipment is well maintained in case they have to share the air / gas with you.
The label does not come off in the water either, and this use has been well recieved by all I dive with and catching on fast.
MY Air cylinders are also labelled with my name and last test date as the stamp in the metel is not always legible. When you take your tanks for refill there are alot of the same type and look and coulds easly be mistaken for others.
on 14 February 2012
These tapes are not cheap but they are quality. Very easy to insert in machine. You need to plan your printing as there is a lot of waste due to the lead in and cut off so it pays to print out as many labels as the display will allow before print.
on 14 December 2012
I find labelling very useful and the Brother system is less fiddly to use than others I have tried, it is just the price of the tapes I find a bit on the high side for what it is. I feel there seems to be excessive tape wasted on the head and tail of the labels you produce but that seems to be standard whichever tape labeling system you use. I guess they make their profits on the tapes rather than the machines, shades of printers and ink cartridges..
The tapes give a good sharp print and the adhesive is good with no creepage.
on 29 August 2014
Does the job it's meant to... I just wish the machine wasn't so damned wasteful with the tape. The best thing to do is to write a few labels together, separated only by a comma, and print them all at once. The amount of blank unused tape is horrendous and the tape isn't exactly cheap.

In terms of quality of the product itself we found it adhered well to various surfaces.. I have used it in a clients bathroom and kitchen on tiles and walls and metal bathroom fittings. I've also applied it effectively to shelves. When the client preferred a change of font, I was able to pick the offending labels off without too much problem, though they were stuck down quite well. They also so far appear to be water resistant as is claimed.
on 4 November 2013
This tape system is very versatile and I can't fault it. Easy to peel, good adhesion and good durability in a range of situations, but in common with lots of others, I find the machine itself is sooooo wasteful when it prints the tape. This is either a design issue - or good for business! (There's cynical). Still a very good, easy to handle system which does the job.
on 12 September 2013
My son is printing out Nietzsche epigrams and sticking them about the house. For instance, upon opening the cutlery drawer, we are faced with a morbid reflection on the pointlessness of hope. He has run out of tape for now and yet I feel compelled to buy more supplies for MY printer
on 27 March 2011
it is really a super gadget that gives everything a professional look. Buttons are easy to navigate and many different combinations are possible. Great for the potting shed,
many thanks