on 23 July 2011
Great value for money and easy to use especially for people like me who struggle to use mobiles and dvd players. Previous reviews had stated that because there was no viewfinder, these camcorders were difficult to use in bright sunlight but I had no problems on that score. The basic user instructions were easy to follow and the picture quality was superb. The only downside I encountered was the joystick controller. Because I have fairly large fingers and the joystick is tiny, navigating the user systems was time consuming but that apart this is a very good camcorder for a beginner.
on 5 August 2011
We have started using the camcorder to show how our house is being restored after a major fire. I have not yet discovered all its capabilities but it is great so far. Good sound reproduction and easy to use with nice zoom. Very pleased with our purchase.
on 12 February 2012
I wasn't sure what this camcorder would be like but bought it at a great price. I wanted 2 definite things on a camcorder and this had both - a built in hard drive (for when I forget to take enough cards and a wide angle lense.

I already had a Panasonic TX camera but didn't expect so many of the same features on this. The scene modes for different lighting/situations are brilliant. Managed to try the 'snow' mode within days!! It really does help tone down the glare. Haven't tried the beach or fireworks mode yet.

Yes, sometimes the picture is a little grainy but that is mainly to do with the amount of light and the fact that it isn't HD. I thought about getting the HD one with a large HDD but at £400-£500 the H100 was a no brainer. I don't want to make movies, I want to record events that my little camera can't cope with.

An extended warranty is peace of mind as there is a lot of mechanics in this tiny little thing and got a great deal from the manufacturer, even though I didn't buy it from them.

If you want a good camcorder, this is definitely worth a try.
on 23 November 2012
I am by no means an expert on these type of products, however I am slightly disappointed in this camcorder as it is not as clear a picture as you would expect for the price. It looks quite grainy when viewed back. I bought it straight off Amazon but I would advise anyone interested to visit an electrical store before purchase to try out some different models. I would not have purchased this if I'd known what the recording quality was like! And would most likely have spent more money for a much better model.
on 4 September 2011
Recently purchased this camcorder, very pleased,easy to use,simple to use with clear instructions. Also Amazon delivery very prompt.
Michael Hayward
on 5 July 2012
Bought this camcorder because of reviews and Panasonic reputation.
Couldn't believe how awful the video quality was. Tried all the settings but picture nothing like as good as my 6year old Sony tape camera.
I cant believe this item can be sold if mine was not faulty.
To be fair I got a full refund after sending it back so full marks to Amazon & TODO!
on 7 February 2012
Small, very light and easy to operate.
Bad video quality if no enough light.
Easy to connect to PC.
Big memory.
Good for home use
on 29 February 2012
Panasonic SDR-H100 Camcorder 80 gb HD
After looking at all the reviews I was sure my purchase was the right one. On receipt of the camera and after fully examining the whole thing I am sure my selection is correct, it is well made and engineered very light and settles in the hand just right, the picture quality is VG excl.While I am writing I would add that the delivery was very impressive and the camera arrived before the date as confirmed, well done.
on 23 February 2012
Panasonic SDR-H100 Camcorder - Black (80GB HDD, x78 Enhanced Optical Zoom, Wide Angle Lens)Could not be more pleased with the results from this Digital HD Recorder and the Amazon price was lowest available. Older hands need the benefit of the image stabilisation since video cameras have become so much smaller. PJF
on 21 May 2013
A good and much appreciated present which sees plenty of use. M finds it easy to use and its features once you get used to them are user friendly.

See one answered question