on 30 June 2012
Super camcorder giving brilliant videos and still pictures. This replaced my Sony camcorder and is in a league all of its own. Would definitely recommend.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 November 2011
# HD Writer AE 3.0 software
# Lens Hood
# Stylus pen
on 18 August 2011
I like this camera. It seems fragile, but it doesn't seem to be. The picture quality is very good for the investment. I use it with Avid Studio. When you switch to full screen on the PC, the quality is nearly the same as on the small editing viewer. I thought the colours were particularly warm in low light. Image stabilisation is very impressive when you do tracking shots. The only negative for me so far (and it's not the camera's fault) is that my PC doesn't seem to be able to handle the footage shot at the camera's highest resolution - movement just goes 'slow-mo'.
on 3 February 2012
I bought this camera after reading good reviews. It appears to do the job except that I have had one important query, what should the audio playback levels be like on the cameras loudspeaker? I have posed this question twice to Panasonic and additionally rubbished their, In my opinion, instructional manual (My pet hate in life).
The result was= The technical support pointed me to the "Buried" fundamental sound control snippet towards the back of the manual (Which I already knew about) and the volume settings on the camera, (Which I also knew about)
As both of these matters seem fundamentally important in the cameras operation, why are they not covered comprehensively, at the start of the manual??

My question, now, after a month unanswered by Panasonic, remains the same= What should I expect in playback volume from the cameras loudspeaker?? Surely an audible level?

Now I don't expect it to fill an auditorium, but I do expect, with out the use of headphones, to be able to hear what I have recorded. Accepting I may be a little hard of hearing (My wife is not!)she cannot clearly hear what has been recorded either. Perhaps Panasonic would like to answer this or fellow owners? Either way I will be speaking to them again. Rest assured.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2015