5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TM900 Camcorder, 25 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TM900 Full HD 1920x1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (3MOS Sensor, 32GB Inbuilt Flash, SD Card Recording, Leica Dicomar Lens and Manual Control Ring) (Electronics)
I purchased this camcorder in 2011. I already had a Panasonic HS9 Camcorder and doubted that this could be improved upon - I was wrong! The 900 was better which, I suppose, you would expect (but don't always get) for the higher price. It's good in any light (well, almost!).

I am one very satisfied customer and recommend this product as being perfect for those who appreciate Hi-def photography. I believe, that to improve on this camcorder you would have to pay considerably more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb low-lighting and zoomed in, 6 Dec. 2011
The use that I have for this camcorder may be in one of the worst conditions possible, as I record my wife as she trains and competes in dressage (horses). The target is always moving, quite often in awful back lighting conditions, zoomed in and out constantly, always hand-held for maximum flexibility, and finally quite often in poorly (as well as differently) lit indoor riding paddocks. This means that stabilization, auto-focus, and lighting is constantly operating in far from ideal conditions. The end result still comes out consistently as much better than the actual colors and lighting is perceived by the eye during the actual filming (i.e. when looking up from the display and comparing the results). This obviously implies manipulation beyond what the eye is capable of, but only in a favorable way as the weather and lighting always appear better than they were, the shaking (from freezing during filming as well as following a moving target) is significantly less than expected. The effects never get exaggerated beyond what would be natural under better conditions however, so the result does not feel over-the-top.

It's also really nice to have access to a manual and slow zoom next to the lens at the front of the camera, as two-handed filming becomes easier. If you prefer to hold the second hand on the lcd screen, there is also a conveniently placed zoom there (although it does not offer the same control in terms of zoom-speed as it uses a fixed speed).

Overall, and given the horrible conditions for use that I have, I am extremely happy with the choice and overall performance. I cannot compare with other top-level camcorders, but with these results I really don't need to do this in order to say that I highly recommend it to others in similar less-than-ideal use situations. Ergonomics are decent with the camcorder, but as with all other models - the shape is far from ideal for optimum 2-handed operation or long filming sequences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TM900, 13 July 2013
Pound for pound I rate this one of the best small compact camcorders you can buy as long as you learn how to use it properly, however it can be used as a "point and shoot" as well but it would be wasted by not using the array of manual adjustments for audio/video.
I suppose I am biased as I now have two !

5.0 out of 5 stars A year on, 13 July 2012
Had this Camcorder a year now using Fuji class 10 SDHC, always thought it was spot on, but just used it with Sandisk 16gb 45 mb/s SDHC, card maybe it's my imagination but it seems even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TM 900, 11 Jun. 2012
Excellent compact camcorder produceing superb quality stills and even better video. I am a pro camcorder user and rather than carrying a stills camera and bulky camcorder while on holiday I was looking for something compact mainly for video but capable of taking good stills this is a supberb unit with a full range of manual settings easy to navigate and i am well pleased with it. I chose this unit over the X model as it has the 32gb intrernal hardrive+ the SD card.

Jimmy

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a buy, 10 Mar. 2012
J. J. Wynne (london) - See all my reviews
I am more of a still man myself however I needed to record a continuise 45 min video had no alternative but to buy a camcorder I looked at the reviews this seemed to be the one. I must say i'm not in the least dissipointed the audio and video are great I did however buy a Videomic Pro not because the on board was bad just wanted more dynamics. The Built in and SD card gives a lot of flexability. Good buy for the price.