5.0 out of 5 stars Snap happy
Let me start by saying that I am no expert, and you will find no in-depth analysis of zoom ability or pixel quality here. I only just about know what those things are... I am the most novice of novices and a true fledgling in the world of cameras and photo taking.

Published on 26 Oct 2011 by MrsBumble

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disapointed
I love taking pictures of everything and at every special occasion, so after careful consideration decided to try out the FS35 but was a bit disapointed. Firstly my first camera had a problem with the screen where an area in the top middle was a bit blurry. Cant understand what the problem was so I returned it but decided to give the same model another try, so I asked for...
Published on 3 Aug 2011 by M. F. de Andrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap happy, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix FS35 Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)

What I was looking for was a compact camera that takes a smashing crisp picture of mostly a) a toddler who rarely stays still and b) an excitable jack Russell. I wanted ease of use, and no blurry stuff. A camera that could take a professional looking photo even in inexperienced hands. I have certainly found all of the above in the Panasonic lumix fs35. I had previously returned a Finepix because the pictures just weren't of the quality I expected. Getting a refund and spending a few 's more was a wise move.

The pictures I have so far taken (all using the intelligent auto option) have been amazingly clear and precise, regardless of lighting, distance or subject. In the absence of using baffling technical jargon, isn't that what we're all looking for from a digital camera?!

I would recommend this fine camera to anyone without hesitation.

Only two small things: 1) the battery life isn't brilliant, remember the charger if you're away for any length of time. 2) treat gently, robust in clumsy hands it is not...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera!!, 30 May 2011
P. Willis-Patel (uk) - See all my reviews
Brought this camera to replace our ageing Fuji camera. The camera is quick to turn on and take pictures, the zoom and focus very quick. We brought a 16Gb card class 10 and the HD video is amazing. With the 16gb card it enables you to tale around 2500 pictures at full resolution. Whilst you cannot use the zoom when filming, you can pre-zoom prior to filming.

The camera has a nice feature of burst frames, enabling you to take multiple pictures in a very short time frame, perfect for those action situations.

Camera fits nicely into your pocket, the red version is the one we got and the colour is very nice.

When taking pictures at night you do have to play with the settings to get it right, the automatic setting sometime is not the best. The camera picks up faces very quickly, ensuring that a good picture is taken.

We are very happy with this camera, the picture quality is great and the 8x zoom is very good especially for this size of camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch quality camera for a very reasonable price!, 25 Mar 2011
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I've owned the Panasonic Lumix FS30 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD for awhile now which was the best camera I had owned, that is until now! As someone wanted to buy my FS30 from me, I thought this would give me a great opportunity to upgrade camera's and already I see just how much this camera has improved.

The camera looks extremely smart and has a very nice texture to the touch, the camera's also really light in weight and is remarkably comfortable to hold.

The contents of the box supplies:
*Panasonic FS35 Digital Camera.
*Battery Pack + Battery Case, Battery Charger & AC Mains Lead.
*USB Connection Cable.
*AV Cable.
*Hand Strap.
*CD-ROM which features Software to help run the video format, PHOTOfunSTUDIO & Operating Instructions.

The PHOTOfunStudio, ran fine with my PC which has 2GB RAM with the Operating System of Windows 7.
This program lets you copy your photos straight from your camera to your PC at a decent speed via the USB cable supplied, or you can take out your SD card and put it into a card reader *not supplied, if you wish not to use the software. It also lets you browse your photos/video, make slide-shows, edit photos/video, print pictures, copy to media devices and also an option to upload your video onto YouTube.

This camera, like most others do not come supplied with a memory card, so you will need to buy one for it.

The FS35 camera supports various memory cards ranging from: SD (8MB-2GB), SDHC (4GB-32GB) and SDXC (48GB-64GB).
Recording motion pictures will require a card that is equivalent too Class 6 or higher, personally I would recommend going all the way to a class 10 as they are fast & very reliable.

If you're wanting more quality in your SDHC cards and don't mind spending a little bit extra I would recommend Panasonic 4GB Class 10 SDHC Card (up to 22MB/s - Gold Line), however if you are wanting bigger memory and have a smaller budget I would suggest going for Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card instead.

For less hassle in transfering files, I would highly recommend purchasing Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader, they are really cheap to buy and make it more convenient to transfer the files to your PC.

To protect your camera physically, I would suggest you buy a case as you don't get one with this product; Panasonic DMW-PSS13KK Leather Case for FS Series.

If you want to buy a spare battery though, it's going to burn your pockets, you shouldn't really need one as the batteries life is decent enough, however if you're the type to take LOADS of pictures and video while being in an area you can't charge the battery, you will need to purchase this model: Panasonic DMW BCK7 Battery, you wont be able to buy a cheap make as only Panasonic's own brand will work with this camera, they ensure this is because cheap batteries may damage your camera which will void your warranty.

This camera's menu interface has been greatly improved from the FS30 model, I thought the older version was good enough but this one has made the menu even more simplistic and easy to navigate around.

Upon clicking the "Mode" button you will get five different options:

*Intelligent Auto; This option is great for those who don't want to mess with the settings, the camera will adjust it for you and the picture results are fantastic!
When using "iA" you may notice some icons in the top left corner, these range from "i-Portrait", "i-Scenery", "i-Macro", "i-Night Portrait" "i-Night Scenery" & "i-Sunset".

*Normal Picture; this options is mainly for when you want to edit the settings more to your needs.
You also have a choice to choose from two different macro modes:
"AF Macro"; This option will allow you to take pictures of things like flowers and spiders close up. The manual states the lens must be at least 5cm away from the object your taking a picture of. I also suggest not zooming in too far as the camera could find it hard to focus.
"Macro Zoom"; Same distance rules apply with this mode, basically it uses digital zoom up to 3x too get that extra close picture, but the picture quality may not be as good compared to the previous setting.

*My Scene Mode; Choose the scene setting you will be using the most, it basically makes that option turn into the one you choose for faster selecting in the future.

*Scene Mode; with options ranging from 'Portrait', 'Scenery' day or night', 'Fireworks', 'Sports' & more, you're going to get even more out of pictures!

*Motion Picture; record a video ranging from 720p HD resolution, 640x480 or 320x240.
The only downside for me is that you still can't zoom-in whilst recording video, however you can zoom in before clicking that record button to solve that problem, but do note that once recording you can't zoom back until you have stopped recording.

The range of picture settings are fantastic, here are some examples:
*Picture sizes/quality & aspect ratios (4:3 & 16:9).
*Colour mode (Normal, Natural, VIVID, Black & White, Sepia, Cool & Warm).
*Red-Eye removal, image stabilising, exposure & sensitivity.
*+ MORE!

Or if your taking a picture and need some options quickly, you can press the quick menu which will let you adjust the image stabilisation, focus mode (face or area), white balance, ISO, screen brightness or picture quality.

A new addition to the FS35 is a button named "E.Zoom", upon pressing this button it quickly zooms in by 8x or 10x optical (different for certain modes), if you press it again it will zoom in even further which also depends on what setting/mode you're using. The manual states that the furthest zoom is 18x "optical" when pressing "E.Zoom", however I've also had times when the camera states it's 22.5x instead, however do take in mind that when you're zooming past the normal zoom capability you will be forced to take the picture in 3 mega-pixels rather than the normal 16.1MP.

Now I don't know if this extra zoom is really optical or if it's actually digital, but as I've already said; the manual does state it's "optical" so we'll just have to go with the manufacturers on this one.

Overall, I am extremely pleased to purchase this camera, with the new Venus picture engine and upgraded lens, the pictures are of fantastic quality.

If your a first time buyer or even someone that is looking to upgrade from an old camera, this really is the camera for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing camera - so easy to use!, 15 July 2011
I bought this camera after returning an overly complicated Samsung model and was very impressed. It felt just right and has been the best camera I've had so far. I took it on holiday which is the main reason for purchase and I found it easy to take photos, review them and crop them. The software that comes with has been good for taking panoramic scenes and stiching them together seamlessly. All in all, this camera has been the best one I've bought and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Point, click, fabulous pic!, 4 Sep 2011
This really is a fabulous camera, especially for the money. Easy to use, small to carry and excellent results. I mainly leave it on the 'intelligent auto' option and let the camera do the rest. There is little, if any, lag on pressing the shoot button, and the high speed burst, where many pics are taken very quickly, is impressive.
Battery life is excellent, so too is the video option.
If you want a camera which is affordable, takes fabulous pictures and all you have to do is point and shoot then get this one - you can't go wrong. The best little camera I have had - I have paid more for others but have had less favourable results!

5.0 out of 5 stars PANASONIC LUMIX FS 550, 20 July 2011
BOUGHT THIS FOR MY HUSBAND WHO VOWED HE WOULD NEVER GO DIGITAL - OH BUT HE HAS AND THINKS THIS LITTLE CAMERA IS WONDERFUL- EASY TO SET UP - WONDERFUL CLEAR PICTURES AND GREAT TO TAKE VIDEOS OF THE GRANDCHILDREN.PRINTS CAN BE ENLARGED QUITE A LOT AND QUALITY IS STILL EXCELLENT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera!, 18 July 2011
I have not had my own camera for about 8 years but my boyfriend has the Lumix TZ5 which we have been using for about 2 years now and i decided i would like a camera of my own.
I chose a Lumix as the TZ5 is fantastic and i am used to how it works and I went for the FS35 as it was smaller than the TZ5 but was still high in megapixels and had a good zoom. The quality of the images is excellent, the zoom is very good for such a small camera and the choice of different modes makes it easier to take different images.
The camera is very lightweight and easy to take around everywhere, its very simple to use and of course it looks great in red!
Overall, i was very impressed and would definately recommend this camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Cam, 3 Aug 2011
My husband purchased the camera for a birthday present and I have not been let down. The lumix is easy to use and provides excellent pictures with exceptional quality. Very easy to use and just a great buy. I would strongly recommend this product if you want good quality pictures with a camera that is easy to set up and use and compact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, 18 Oct 2011
This is the fourth or fifth digital camera that I have had in the last ten years or so and it is by far the best. It's lightweight and small yet feels solid and well-made.

I'm no photographer but the majority of photos this camera takes are spot-on in terms of focus and exposure, and the colours are vibrant.

Most importantly for me, it seems very good at taking decent photos of fast-moving objects - such as my children!

Very happy with this and would recommend it to anyone who, like me, doesn't know much about photography but wants to be sure of some decent family snapshots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Aug 2011
I love this camera! Now admittedly I've never had a decent camera before so I don't have much comparison but it has amazing zoom and brilliant quality pictures. It's really fast and has a huge amount of settings depending on what you're taking pictures of and different light conditions. You will have to buy a memory card too though as it's not included in the box. Very impressed though