1,157 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars simply stunning
'Sometimes it lasts in love... and sometimes it hurts instead'.

My expectations for this release were raised when I saw Adele perform 'someone like you' on Jools Holland - and it literally made me cry. It was the first track that I played when I got hold of the album, and I was pleased that she had stayed with the simplicity of the live performance - but...
Published on 24 Jan 2011 by Don Panik

2.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the worst CD transfer in the history of music
First of all Adele 21,as a piece of Music is a great, Turning tables, Set fire to the rain are just brilliant, and the Cure cover Lovesong also fantastic. So why the three stars. Well first of all Adele 21 is a five star album, however the compression on this CD is unbearable,it has at times is so harsh it has distorted the music.This appears to be because the transfer...
Published on 2 Aug 2011 by Mr. R. G. Prizeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoloutely Brilliant !, 3 April 2011
P. Johnson "Benny" (Port Stanley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
From a forty something Pink Floyd lover, with Iron Maiden, U2 and many other types in my collection I have to say that this album is quite simply fantastic from start to finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars popinstrad, 1 April 2011
James Mccallion "popinstrad" (South Wales GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
Very talented young lady with a wonderful voice. The album will be a classic for devotees, I thought it was a great example of musicality although she has a tendency to be morose in her writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful voice!, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
Adele is great and this album includes "rolling in the deep" and "someone like you". It also contains other songs which are really good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
I have not bought an album in a long time choosing instead to cherry pick my favourite tracks and downloading them, mainly because I havent felt any album has been up to scratch for many years. However I am so pleased I have bought this album it is just brilliant. Adele's voice is perfect and lyrically it is one of the best I have heard in a long time. Like many people I heard her sing on Comic Relief and felt compelled to buy the album just after hearing Someone like you. I guess many people will relate to this song and whilst most of the album seems to be about lost love it really is not at all melancholy.
I would recommend (and have done) anybody to buy this album it is just AMAZING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adele 21, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
This CD was very good value, the cost and fast delivery were both excellent. It was very enjoyable CD with good songs on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounds, 21 Mar 2011
S. Pickthall "Suzy P" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
Really love this CD of Adele, there's some real earthy songs (if that makes sense!) and thank goodness she's no longer chasing pavements.....that song drove me barmy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adele 21, 20 Mar 2011
Mr. P. Foster - See all my reviews
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
Wasn't too sure about buying this or not, but each time I listen to the album it gets better. Adele has a lovely raspy voice suited to both uptempo and slower songs. I particularly like 'Don't you remember', 'Set fire to the rain', 'One and only' and of course 'Someone like you'. Great album overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this album ........ far exceeded our expectations, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
This is one of those albums that will be played and played for years to come. I've been thinking about buying the album for a while, then after seeing Adele's performance on The Brit's, ordered the album. You often buy an album and there are a few good tracks and a few that you will skip, but from start to finish this album is brilliant. My husband loves it too. It's easy listening, emotional and great to sing along to in the car. Fantastic album from a true British talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
21 is an excellent purchase. Someone like you is extraordinary. Someone like is is a must for the repeat button. In fact I cant stop listening to all of 21. Set fire to the rain and one and only are also special. I can listen to the whole thing without jumping tracks but I put someone like you on repeat the most.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album, 19 Mar 2011
Ms. S. L. Golden (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
This is the best album I have bought in awhile. I listen to it when I wake up in the morning & when I'm out walking the dog. It's great.

21 by Adele