*Is it for you?*
If you're worried about your satnav screen getting scratched when you stow it in your glove box, and want a simple, easy to access solution, this could be it. If you're looking for a carry case which you can tuck all cables and accessories away in, this case is likely too small and basic.

*Design*
The open end and side elastic webbing...
Published on 13 May 2012 by kymara

3.0 out of 5 stars GPS Carrying Case
Published on 2 May 2012 by M. J. Hunter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for satnav protection but no space for windscreen mount or cable, 13 May 2012
kymara - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: AmazonBasics Faux-Leather Carrying Case for 5 Inch / 12.7 cm GPS Devices (Electronics)
*Is it for you?*

*Design*
The open end and side elastic webbing means that you can slide your device in and out of the case quickly. The soft velvety interior likely aids this, while being non slip, to avoid mishaps.

The front and back sides are very solid feeling so for example even if the glovebox is full of things and you need to push it shut hard, the satnav should be safe (I tested this a few times!!)

The outer looks pretty good, for faux leather (avoiding that plasticky look that faux leather can sometimes suffer from) and the metal logo is smart.

The small pocket doesn't stretch so it could only hold flat items like paper or cards. This is a great shame as if it was a much stretchier, flexible pocket then there would be a chance to stow the cable away too.

*Fit for a TomTom XL*
My TomTom XL satnav fits perfectly into the case, but only because I leave the windscreen attachment on the windscreen. It doesn't fit with the attachment included. The cable does not fit and stays loose, so I have to gather it up to stow it away. When I wanted to lend the device to someone else, I had to hand them the screen attachment separately and juggle with the cable. This is why I think the case would not be a good carry case for frequent use, but is fine for in car protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy GPS Case, Low Price, 20 July 2014
I purchased this carry case to store my 5" Garmin Nuvi 2579 LMT.

The item is as described and my Garmin sat nav fits snugly inside the case held into position with non slip material and the case has elasticated sides to accommodate different sized sat nav's and to hold the actual devise in place within the case. The internal material is a felt like product to prevent scratches and scuffs. Case has a leather outer front and backside.

I was looking for a case without paying exuberant prices for OEM cases, and this case fit's my needs perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 6 July 2014
555 "555" (555) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My Garmin nuvi 2547LM 5 inch screen fits in perfectly, the elastic side strips prevent the satnav to fall out of the pouch

just note that not all 5" satnavs are same size as the frame around the screen can be bigger on some than on others, i am only sure this fits the 5" garmin nuvi and it sits inside securely
was a great buy and a good bargain for this nice quality pouch

it will fit a satnav up to this size (including screen frame): 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"

5.0 out of 5 stars Tone down those in yer face military style cases - go smart, simple and discrete, 16 Jan. 2015
Rather than use the supplied holster cradle with my Otterbox Defender case for the iPhone 6 I use this instead as a slip case cover. I did the same using its smaller brother for my iPhone 5 case.

They are well made and robust to use in my job which combines being out in the field and also in office meetings with clients. The Otterbox protects my iPhone and the case gives the setup an air of professionalism and discreteness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 5 May 2012
Brian - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this case -it's ideal for your satnav /GPS device, and will keep it from getting into harms way , whether your carrying it out and about , or just storing your device in the glovebox , or at home. The faux-leather is of a good quality , and the inside of the case , is cleverly lined , with a material that gives a soft grip , and ingenius side webbing ,to keep your device firmly in place , and still get your satnav , in and out , at a moment's notice. The case is well designed ,light , but strong, and I'm sure it will give years of good service. The case is also ideal for holding , one of the larger screened smartphones , and this is actually what I'm using my case for at the moment. There's even a front pocket , to slip a credit card , or note in, for your convenience. As with a lot of the AmazonBasics range , this case is very good value for money , and I'm really pleased I've got mine , and I've no doubt that you will be too. Yes, it's a very attractive piece of leather , which I'm quite taken with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality from Amazon Basics again, 22 May 2012
Cheatin' Jockey (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This amazon basics item has an uninspiring name which detracts somewhat from the quality of the item - it's actually very good!

The front and back are amply stiff to protect the screen from pointed objects and are nicely padded, giving a quality feel. The inside is very soft so you don't get any scratches when storing your device, too. The little metal tag also adds an air of quality though it does say 'Amazon Basics' when you look close... not exactly a designer label! Joking apart though, you would think it's actually a manufacturer item from Tomtom or Garmin, it's that good.

I'm using this item on a Garmin Nuvi 200w which didn't come with a case and it while it's a little big (it's a 4in screen in a 5in case), the elasticated sides grip well so it doesn't slip out.

At £8 it's not a bad price and provides cost effective protection if you've lost your case or have a nav that didn't come with one; it's ideal for protecting your device in the glove-box, boot or bag. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars GPS Carrying Case, 2 May 2012
M. J. Hunter - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had other Amazon Basic products in the past and have found them to be well made and very good value for money. This carrying case continues in that tradition coming in a faux leather material with a velvety lining and an exterior pocket that would carry a SD card or similar. It measures 150 x 90 mm, or 6" x 3.5" in old money, and has an elasticated side panel that allows it to grow to a maximum depth of 25mm or 1". This is where my problem started, I have a relatively old Tom Tom Go730 and the fit is snug to say the least. It will go in, just, but then it takes quite an effort to remove it. I know that the modern Sat Navs tend to be a bit thinner than mine so I'm sure they would fit without any great problem but it's probably best to measure it before ordering just in case. As it is my case houses my Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone very comfortably as a second level of protection so that's what I will be using it for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Case for 5" Satnav, 24 April 2012
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case for a 5" Satnav is a simple, but effective product that will protect your satnav from the knocks and scrapes that may befall it whilst out and about.

I own a Garmin 1490 and this case fits perfectly. It is essentially a piece of faux leather folded in half with a sprung webbing side to it so it stretches to fit the unit and then holds it snugly so it doesn't slip out. This does the job as described and protected the screen from scratches and kept my unit from excessive knocks and bumps when placed in a bag with the cradle and dashboard mount.

The Frustration-free packaging that says it can be opened without scissor or knives wasn't quite so great, but this doesn't detract from this attractive and functional case to fit most 5" Satnav's. Worth a try.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps too tight a fit?, 7 May 2012
Warleybear (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The quality of this product is good. However, I will say that my Tom Tom one IQ routes was a very tight fit - and certainly had to remove the windscreen attachment device. Given this, I tried it on my 500Gb external portable hard drive, which I needed a safe and secure case for. This was a total success, providing a nice fit, and even the ability to attach a USB cable to it whilst in the case. So as a carry case for a GPS device, it had limited success and you may find that it is too small. It perhaps would be too difficult to judge until you get the case? I will have to get a small `bag' that will hold the device with the attachment. However, I'm more than happy with it as a case for my portable storage device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap case for the newer style GPS devices., 19 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great padded sleeve for the newer style TomTom or Garmin GPS devices, in black with shiny white metal detail.
In the basics range, which is to be honest as good as many more expensive ones, and looks great.
Also useful to slip your device into and leave 'out of sight' in the car, or bag, as well as slips into a pocket and helps protect against bumps.
Fits the Garmin nüvi like a glove! Garmin Nuvi 2440 5" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps