Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 28 January 2016
A truly uplifting film, with an Oscar winning performance by Sandra Bullock, and a moving performance by Quinton Aaron as the homeless young man whom she adopts. A real life rags to riches story, as the youngster develops with the help of his new family into an American football star. The 'extras' include an interview with the real life Michael Oher, who is about to start in another Super Bowl (this time for the Carolina Panthers), and a feature on Sandra Bullock and the real Leigh Anne Tuohy. Alas there is one negative which is why I only gave 4 stars. Not for the 1st time Amazon sent me a Blueray with all the menus in a foreign language. But the case lists the extras in detail, so it wasn't too hard to navigate through all the content.
on 14 December 2015
Our Sandra is smashing in this one: she looks lovely and acts her socks off. In fact, the whole cast is just great. I was surprised by how good it was possible to feel while I was weeping like an admonished toddler.
on 15 July 2012
Unusual to see my favourite actress Sandra Bullock in a drama rather than a comedy.The pace seemed a bit slow and I was continually wanting "something" to happen. But it's a feel-good film that shows that not all rich and successful American families need be ruthless, cut-throat and lacking the ability to be kind to people who don't have their wealth. A refreshing change from all these films showing empty-headed "ladies who lunch" from Orange County for whom looks is paramount.
on 28 April 2011
The Blindside is a great film, well good enough Sandra won an Oscar for it as well. It's not really a sports film though the main guy does play American Football, it's more of a life story and feel good film. It's also a true story and if you've watched the film try the book. I won't spoil the film by telling you what happens but watch it see for yourself why this is an Oscar winning film.I loved this film and everyone i know whose seen it says the same thing.
on 26 March 2014
Who knew Sandra Bullock could be this good? just shows what a good script and story can do. One of the best films i have seen in years real weepy in places but the outcome gives hope to everyone that in this callous world there are still people out there who care for others.
on 23 April 2014
As a record of a true story, it's worth watching, and the story is interesting although the film is a little slow at times. Sandra Bullock, as always, is very good in her role, but I found the rest of the acting to be rather stilted.
on 23 June 2015
Based on a true story, this film captured my heart. After watching this film it makes you want to do more good deeds and more great things for other people! My other half enjoyed this film also so its unisex
on 28 May 2011
I wasn't sure about watching the Blind Side as it seemed to be about football but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a heartwarming story, based on fact, about a wealthy family looking after a homeless teenager.It describes how their relationship with the teenager developed in a sensitive and sometimes amusing way.

Really recommend The Blind Side.
I wanted to start off by saying I was surprised just how good `The Blind Side' is, I knew this had a lot of hype and Bullock won the Oscar for her role (most deservedly as well), but I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did.

This is based on a true story and follows a young black guy, called Big Mike (or Michael Oher), who comes from a rough area and becomes homeless after his mother has drug problems. He attends a Christian school and when he's spotted roaming the streets he is taken in by a rich white family who help him through school and give him a home and some stability in his life. He subsequently gets a football scholarship and attends university before hitting the big time.

This has plenty of scenes that raised a smile or laugh, although this is in no way a comedy film, and the best way to describe this would be as truly heart-warming. It is genuinely a feel good movie and whilst there are certain moments that seem grim for Michael, overall this is a very upbeat and positive story.

The relationship between Michael and Leigh Ann (his `new' mother) is wonderful to see and you also see how helping Michael also has a positive effect on her and the whole family in turn. Kathy Bates makes an appearance as his tutor and as always she is delightful to watch, but to be honest everyone plays their roles superbly, which makes this a joy to watch.

All in all, this is a great film and offers up a decent story (all the better for being real) that leaves you feeling buoyed up and positive. It is directed well, acted well and is one I would happily watch again.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 22 June 2011
Took my sons aged 12 & 10 to see this in the cinema (their choice!) and we all loved it. They loved it so much that they kept retelling the plot to everyone they met! So I had to buy the dvd, and now we've watched it with their dad too and he loved it as well! Great film, beautiful, heart-warming story.