5.0 out of 5 stars Solid lock
Published 22 months ago by stargazer

3.0 out of 5 stars ... lock for the front wheel this will be the best choice but as the main lock I think the ...
If you looking for a second affordable lock for the front wheel this will be the best choice but as the main lock I think the long one will be my choice
Published 2 months ago by muaathe

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid lock, 18 Feb 2013
Bought this lock after I took out some insurance on the bike. Other buyers need to know that once you have found an insurance company they need to look at the locks they say they will provide cover with. In other words if I have took out in insurance but kept my old lock & the bike was stolen I wouldn't be covered. So go through the insurance companies website, see what locks they say & buy one for peace of mind, this was £32 well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a Second (ie Front Wheel) Lock, 23 Sep 2013
I bought this as a secondary lock to secure the front wheel. My main lock is a Kryptonite NY3000 + cable lock.

One 'error' in Amazon's description, this lock's RRP is £49.99, not £69.99 as they state. That's the price of the chunkier Abus 401 mini-U lock. Although many online retailers appear to have made the same mistake in their descriptions. Probably because both locks look the same.
The shackle is 14mm with a 1mm thick rubber sheath. So the 15/16 mm descriptions are also a little confusing.

Used as a secondary/front wheel lock, (for my bike) this lock is the perfect size to fit around the downtube and front wheel rim - with the shackle (U) around the downtube, and the straight bar between the spokes - with almost no play. This makes it difficult for anyone to remove the front fork without destroying the front wheel.

5.0 out of 5 stars `Good Lock, 12 July 2013
This review is from: ABUS 40/130HB140 U-Mini U-Lock (Sports)
Small, Sturdy , and gets around the bike and bike rails easily. Due to size finds it hard round some lamp posts

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a second lock but too small for main lock, 7 Mar 2014
B. Castro Sa "Bacms" (Cambridge, uk) - See all my reviews
This is a good lock but I find just a tad too small for the mountain bike so you can either lock your wheel and frame, or your frame to the bike rack, never the three at the same time. Does seems sturdy and not too heavy so it is a good one to carry around on your backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC little lock, 8 Nov 2014
FANTASTIC little lock. Does exactly what it says on the tin. I live in london and have a fairly nice road bike that i use everyday for commuting. I lock my bike with a bigger kryptonite lock on the frame, back wheel and post and this little abus lock to lock the front wheel to the frame. Small, portable, easy to see. I really like it. Obviously, my bike hasnt been stolen yet, but it feels very sturdy and I think it would stand up to some force before it broke. it is A Sold Secure Silver lock.

Very smooth locking system as well, by this i mean the actual mechanics of the lock are smooth. The bigger kryptonite lock i bought at the same time as this one is sometimes stiff in the rain and shows signs of rusting already (just 3 months) this little lock is as good as new. It does NOT come with any way to secure it to your bike though. so i just carry it in my bag.

overall fantastic lock. i'm very pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lock - Great Value for Money, 22 April 2013
This review is from: ABUS 40/130HB140 U-Mini U-Lock (Sports)
I needed a smallish D-Lock for locking my bicycle at work - this item does the job, feels very strong & well made and the lock operates smoothly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jun 2014
Heavy d lock. More mini then full sized. It's not light. About 1kg.

Won't fit around front tire and frame. More used for frame only.

Very similar to krypton item mini, but it cheap at 25 quid... Def worth buying

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lock but a bit small, 22 July 2014
Sally (EXETER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This lock is a bit small really which restricts the possibilities for securing my bike so I generally use a Krytonite New York lock which is bigger, but when I know it's not going to be left for long I tend to carry this one as it's much lighter. It feels robust and the lock mechanism has so far been reliable. I sometimes combine it with my Kryptonite Kryptoflex cable to secure it to a friend's bike or when I need to leave my expensive bike for long periods I sometimes use all three!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lock and good price, 29 July 2014
A very nice sturdy bicycle lock. The small shackle will prevent jacking attempts, as well as being convenient to carry. The lock mechanism is smooth and quick, which is more than can be said for other brands of cycle lock! You may want to get an auxiliary cable to wrap around the wheels or other accessories.

This is a Sold Secure Silver lock and for the price a very good example of one indeed..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and awesome, 3 Dec 2014
I spent hours reading reviews and articles about bike locks before opting for this one and it was worth it.
Extremely sturdy, ridiculously simple and flawless to operate, German-made.
Much better finish and feel than Kryptonite in my opinion.
Costs less than the similar Abus model and it's basically the same lock.
Best lock out there.