4.0 out of 5 stars Great app for film purchasers
If you buy an 'ultraviolet' version of a film, you are also buying the abillity to watch the movie anywhere on your mobile devices, or downloading them for future use. It doesn't add anything to the cost of the Blu-Ray/DVD.
The only downside is that it's not possible to 'buy' films from the website, as it seems to be purely based for North American markets
Published 14 months ago by Mr. Mathew R. Koelz

3.0 out of 5 stars Works for movies but not for TV shows.....
As other reviews have commented access to movies is there, however, TV series are not shown. This is a major failing and disappointment of this app on the Kindle Fire TV.

Using the Flixster app on other devices I know I can stream TV series that I own as UV copies. Therefore, I do not understand why I cannot do so when using Flixster on my Kindle Fire TV...
Published 5 months ago by BletheringBooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Works for movies but not for TV shows....., 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Flixster (App)

Despite this, I have never had issues redeeming UV codes as others have commented, or had the issue with only trailers playing. But to me these multiple issues need to be rectified, especially when individuals like myself who purposely buy blu-rays and DVD's that have a UV copy as well. If these issues do not get rectified I will be looking for 'Digital Copies' rather than UV copies and build my digital collection using iTunes.

My rating of three stars is based on the fact that I have had no problems with regards to UV movies, and if all I owned were movies I would give it five stars. However, not allowing me to watch my tv shows means I am really only receiving a partial service....so really should be getting a two and a half stars!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great with WiFi but hit or miss without, 19 May 2013
T. Cardwell "T.C." (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flixster (App)
Great to watch films when connected to WiFi, however many issues watching films when now connected, even when downloaded to the device. Some work, some don't, and other times you are thrown out, and you then need to log back in to see your library, which you need WiFi to do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great app for film purchasers, 2 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars essential app, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Flixster (App)
If like me you enjoy going the cinema this app is essential for reviews of what's on and even gives the Times of films in your local cinema

1.0 out of 5 stars flixter, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Flixster (App)
downloaded this on my kindle fire hd, could not log into my account.
played a preview of film, then tried to log in again, still could not.
then kindle froze , taken off but kindle not working right.
will have to get back to amazon.
only 2 months old.

3.0 out of 5 stars a good idea slightly flawed, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Flixster (App)
The whole idea is sound and most of the app works well but man I've had continual problems actually redeeming codes.Continually informing me numerous times that the code isn't valid despite me just buying the bloody thing from a shop.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work!, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Flixster (App)
I had 3 or 4 DVD/blue rays for christmass and using IF, so downloaded flixster.
I can see all my films, download them but can't play anything but trailers...
Apparently due to streaming in the UK not being enabled, which is rubbish as I can do it from my pc and Samsung phone.
Another fail for the locked down, Nanny state that is the kindle fire.
POOR!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Access, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Flixster (App)
Installed the software to view dvd I have purchased and followed the instructions but when I try to authenticate login from email I get the message that the website is not available at the moment try again later. This has happened several times and now I have given up.

4.0 out of 5 stars One small problem, 14 Dec. 2012
Mr. G. Glover (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flixster (App)
Overall an excellent app, with one small flaw. Going into the movies collection still requires WiFi connection to watch films even if you have downloaded them to the device. As this was my main reason for downloading an app I have used previously on other platforms, I felt slightly let down.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing..., 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Flixster (App)
I'm deaf as a post, but that's no reason for that closed captioning NOT to work on movies from Ultraviolet on Flixster. flixster puts me off so I cancelled my account with them 10 mins after opening one, after countless attempts to make subtitles work. Grrrr

Flixster