on 12 June 2013
I am in two minds as to how to process this review.. I bought these cables for my primary SSD, the cable itself feels very bulky compared to other "flat" sata cables, build quality looks great, and comes with secure clips to ensure cabling doesn't come loose.

Here is my problem, I needed to do some PC maintenance that involved removing all my PC drives (I have 4) This cable was bought for my new (2month old) Corsair Force 3 SSD, I removed all the drives with no issue, yet upon removing my SSD (the only drive using this sata cable) the entire plastic housing that the cable connects to came with it (Still embedded) .... Now this *could* be the SSDs fault (currently RMA'ing with Corsair) but there were "grooves" on the SSD where the clips were, which leads me to think the clips on this sata cable are too strong!
I certainly used the release mechanism to remove the cable, there has to be something wrong with this.
Like I say, I have 3 other SSD/HDD's all using different sata brands, and all are fine (and over 18months old) the fact that this cable led to destroying a 2 month old drive, really concerns me. I have to put some of the blame with Corsair, as no new SSD should have such cheap housing for their drives, certainly not housing that snaps off after 2months. That said, this cable clearly has a part to play in the blame too.

Avoid.
on 1 August 2011
This is a seemingly well made item and certainly looks quality. The round cable has a nice soft touch outer so the cable doesn't remain kinked if bent and the fully sealed connector has a 'same colour' latching device which makes for an all black finish. (I suppose that may make some difference to a very image concious pc builder)

The round cable doesn't lend itself to bending as easily as a normal flat ribbon type so you will need a clearance of very approx. 45mm behind the drive connector to allow the cable to turn in a right-angle. If room is tight for whatever reason, just stick to a usual right-angled type lead. If there is plenty of room then these look good and do the job well.
on 23 March 2011
I like these round sata sata 3 6GB cables,easy to route more flex with them,air flow is inproved, the big test,do they increase data flow unknown at this time, testing will have to be done.they work for me.Iam happy.
on 27 December 2012
Bought two of these to go with my new 2TB hard drives. I was happy with the length, very practical so these leave less wire hanging around, great for those concerned about messy cabling and poor airflow leading to overheating!

I gave only four stars as the clips make the connectors slightly bulky and aren't well suited to ports that are stacked on a motherboard. Make sure you take this into account, check the layout of you female connections. Also all cables, no matter the price, will run Sata 3 6 GB/s regardless, so don't think these are special if you are looking for a cable to go with your new Sata 3 drive!!!
on 1 May 2012
Really nice well made product unlike other round cables I have seen the part that joins the clip is not bulged and therefore causes no strain on the motherboard connection. Whole heartly recommended to anyone looking for a SATA 3 cable.
on 13 May 2013
I bought this cable as an alternative to another cable which had a right-angle connector on one end. Physically it looks fine and I am pleased with the quality and the price was good. Hope it woks just as well when I fit it in my PC.
on 10 September 2013
These leads are brilliant quality, supporting 6Gbs and the locking feature is great as I'm always messing around in my custom built PC and this means the cables can't get knocked lose easily.
on 27 March 2014
I bought two of these and one worked only when replaced by a different cable. I am unclear what went wrong and I not going to spend any time to find out. It is possible to rip the cable away from the device plug holes and cause damage rather than find a release of the catch under tension. The catch is very hard even though easily undone by pressing on the spring pawl provided.
on 20 January 2014
I bought a SSD and got these with it. It came very quick and was reasonably packaged. They do exactly what they are meant to and I have no problems with this cable. Excellent product and I recommend it A+
on 18 August 2013
My flat red SATA cables caused a lot of trouble in the recent heat wave with the pc reporting disk failure after an hour or so working. I checked all of the disks on my pc (3) on another pc and they came up with no errors so it had to be either the motherboard or connections but the next cheapest and easiest way to solve the problem was to try different cables. I found these on Amazon for a pretty low price and I expected a low quality item as a result but I was quite impressed when I got the chance to look at them for real. I have now fitted them and am using the pc that I bought them for which shows they work fine and slightly quicker than the originals.