5.0 out of 5 stars sata 3 6GB locking
I like these round sata sata 3 6GB cables,easy to route more flex with them,air flow is inproved, the big test,do they increase data flow unknown at this time, testing will have to be done.they work for me.Iam happy.
Published on 23 Mar 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially damaging - Avoid
I am in two minds as to how to process this review.. I bought these cables for my primary SSD, the cable itself feels very bulky compared to other "flat" sata cables, build quality looks great, and comes with secure clips to ensure cabling doesn't come loose.

Published 16 months ago by Tommy

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially damaging - Avoid, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: SATA 3 6Gbs LOCKING SATA High Speed Hard Drive Cable Lead 45cm

Here is my problem, I needed to do some PC maintenance that involved removing all my PC drives (I have 4) This cable was bought for my new (2month old) Corsair Force 3 SSD, I removed all the drives with no issue, yet upon removing my SSD (the only drive using this sata cable) the entire plastic housing that the cable connects to came with it (Still embedded) .... Now this *could* be the SSDs fault (currently RMA'ing with Corsair) but there were "grooves" on the SSD where the clips were, which leads me to think the clips on this sata cable are too strong!
I certainly used the release mechanism to remove the cable, there has to be something wrong with this.
Like I say, I have 3 other SSD/HDD's all using different sata brands, and all are fine (and over 18months old) the fact that this cable led to destroying a 2 month old drive, really concerns me. I have to put some of the blame with Corsair, as no new SSD should have such cheap housing for their drives, certainly not housing that snaps off after 2months. That said, this cable clearly has a part to play in the blame too.

Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars sata 3 6GB locking, 23 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 1 Aug 2011
C. Smith (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a seemingly well made item and certainly looks quality. The round cable has a nice soft touch outer so the cable doesn't remain kinked if bent and the fully sealed connector has a 'same colour' latching device which makes for an all black finish. (I suppose that may make some difference to a very image concious pc builder)

The round cable doesn't lend itself to bending as easily as a normal flat ribbon type so you will need a clearance of very approx. 45mm behind the drive connector to allow the cable to turn in a right-angle. If room is tight for whatever reason, just stick to a usual right-angled type lead. If there is plenty of room then these look good and do the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 1 May 2012
Really nice well made product unlike other round cables I have seen the part that joins the clip is not bulged and therefore causes no strain on the motherboard connection. Whole heartly recommended to anyone looking for a SATA 3 cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made in China and it shows, 23 Feb 2014
The snap fit on one cable didn't actually 'snap', binned. Another did snap into place but did not let go when I needed to change it and actually broke the stat connection on my hot swap, binned. I would never ever buy this crud again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality leads, 10 Sep 2013
These leads are brilliant quality, supporting 6Gbs and the locking feature is great as I'm always messing around in my custom built PC and this means the cables can't get knocked lose easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back up cable, 13 May 2013
I bought this cable as an alternative to another cable which had a right-angle connector on one end. Physically it looks fine and I am pleased with the quality and the price was good. Hope it woks just as well when I fit it in my PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Dec 2012
Bought two of these to go with my new 2TB hard drives. I was happy with the length, very practical so these leave less wire hanging around, great for those concerned about messy cabling and poor airflow leading to overheating!

I gave only four stars as the clips make the connectors slightly bulky and aren't well suited to ports that are stacked on a motherboard. Make sure you take this into account, check the layout of you female connections. Also all cables, no matter the price, will run Sata 3 6 GB/s regardless, so don't think these are special if you are looking for a cable to go with your new Sata 3 drive!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sata 3 6Gbs cable, 1 Feb 2014
Good value for money. Does what it say and well built. Locking ends are usefull as it stops the cable being pulled out accidentally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 24 Jan 2014
H. Hebden "Redeye" (Hampshire, England UK) - See all my reviews
It does the job and locks firmly into the SATA socket. Well made and finished, Quality is good and excellent value for money.