on 15 February 2015
Of all ten circular knitting machines I own this is the best. I teach an after school knitting club and we have various machines and a lot of experience between us. Before I tell you why I like this one the most, though I want to clarify what it does, ie. It machine knits circular tubes or flat pieces. It isn't the same as hand knitting so if you are looking for a machine to do that you are in for a disappointment. You are far more limited in what you can make and the gauge can be loose with thinner yarns so your resultant object may feel insubstantial. Of course, if you actually want machine knitting you have come to the right listing and should read on.

This machine is light, being almost entirely plastic, but comes with a desk clamp so you don't have to hold it down. It is easy to set up and the handle is easy and smooth to turn even for small or weak hands (the PRYM maxi, in contrast, is stiff and people get tired). It rarely drops stitches or fails to release the yarn when it should, which I cannot emphasise enough as that's the big problem with many other machines. I find the yarn tension will regulate itself within reason, but you can easily use your other hand to do this if you wish. If you use common sense picking your yarn you should find it does not split or jam the machine at all.

Overall, I would recommend this knitting machine above all others. It's a perfect size for kids and adult hats and cute bags and scarves. You can also make bigger projects such as jumpers in sections. The only real minus is that it is so much more expensive than the alternatives on the market, but I am afraid you get what you pay for so I suggest saving up!
on 9 December 2012
Easy instructions. Heavy well made but easy to use. Knits fast with care but if you are too fast you can drop stitches. This machine can knit circles and panels so you can make anything. They also sell a pattern book. I prefer to knit panels with this machine as it has stopper ends but I use the pryml knitting machine for circular tubes. I have made hats and scarfs for myself, so far. Hat was made in 15 minutes, scarf 30 mins. I plan to make my grand daughter a sweater. This machine can also reduce stitches for shaping which I have not mastered as yet. i would highly recommend this sturdy robust well made machine for its ease of use and instructions. It makes knitting fun again. It also has clamps to attach to a table top so you old use it with one hand. It uses chunky and double knitting although 4 ply looks more like a net so it depends what you want to make. I also plan to make doll clothes out of the tube and hand finish them by picking up the edges and doing a rib. The possibilities are endless.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2013
This is an excellent piece of engineering, though I am surprised so much of it is plastic. Didn't like my thick furry wool though!
on 31 January 2014
ive had circular machines before but this is the rolls Royce to those.
the quality is fantastic . my addi express fantastic , best bits for me is the row counter . i keep forgetting to press my row counter when i manually knit . so this for me was its biggest selling point!

you get (addi express *)
2 clamps *
spare needles *
sewing needle *
dvd *
instruction booklet *

with the addi kingsize will also get a set of 2 stoppers to help with flat panel knitting. its help me knit my charity items in 6 days which 100 hats , 40 scarfs and 10 gloves so far!:

thank you to makers of the addi knitting machine for all there helpful advice and suggestions.
also letting me continue helping others .

the addi express lets me make
baby hats, scarfs , gloves etc i

there are a few books and a lot off internet groups and a few youtube channels

when i say you are going love the addi i mean You Will Love It
on 25 September 2013
I love love love this machine, is perfect as \I cant knit by hand.It makes the most wonderful hats and scarves.
on 21 October 2013
I really like using the machine. It is extremely user friendly. However, it is rather limited in what you can produce (flat or circular knits only) and I have had no success in creating neat edges. It can drop stitches and the quality of the garment produced has not been brilliant for me. The type of wool used does have a huge impact on the results, as does the speed the handle is turned. I like the machine. As I am not selling any of the knitted items I am making and mostly just want to make scarves and blankets, it is fine for my needs. However, I would not recommend it to anyone who wished for a truly professionally finished look. It may just be that I need more practise or that I am doing something wrong, but the items that I have knitted feel lighter, less substantial and looser than those hand knitted or crocheted. However, for speed and ease of use, this machine is excellent and overall, I have not regretted the purchase and feel that, for me personally, it was definitely value for money.
on 28 November 2013
This machine is great if all you want to do is make hats and scarves, knitted in the round. These it can do well and very quickly. There are small stoppers included which allow you to knit straight but I had endless problems trying to use these - frequent dropped stitches, end stitches not forming properly and machine sticking. You can only knit stocking stitch so it can become quite boring. I returned mine.
on 23 December 2013
Good little knitting machine once you master casting on works a treat made 2 lovely scarves in under an hour 5 ft long using circular feature and they looked great have not quite mastered panels yet keep dropping stitches but once I do this will be a versatile machine
on 27 January 2014
I really enjoyed knitting some hats on this. It's a good machine and IMO it is worth the money if you are planning on making hats and scarves, but there isn't a lot you can do with it, it is a bit limited.

I made some really cute striped hats using this and it's a fun way to make things quickly, in just 30 minutes you have a hat.

I wrote a full review here:[...]
on 10 December 2013
i have been hand knitting for over 50 years and have had knitting machines as well, which are a headache to set up and leave
out. I bought the Addi Kingsize Express mainly out of curiosity.. I found it simple to set up and easy to get started with. If you want to
knit in the round It's brilliant. I knitted a beautiful scarf in half an hour. If you want to knit in flat panels it is much more fiddly .
because you do have dropped stitches at the end but once you have mastered that, it is great, but i do think you must be an
experienced knitter to get the full potential out of it.