5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
As a mother of two Disney-mad girls, I get subjected to endless princess songs, ad infinitum. This soundtrack is fabulous. Mandy Moore's cute, slightly folksy vocal is a nice change from previous saccharine Disney princesses. Having seen the film last week, I am having a bit of a love affair with it!
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Belly

3.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's current favorite film
she likes to sing along to the songs, there are a few catchy songs on here too so if you want them going round your head for the day buy this album... I have a dream :)
Published 14 months ago by Matt Law

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Tangled, 29 Jan 2011
Sarah D (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
I thought the music was absoulutly wonderful. The songs made me think of classic disney films gone by such as Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid. It has your fairytale love song I see the light your bad guy song Mother knows best and your jolly everyone together song I've got a dream. Mandy Moore has a lovely voice and it goes beautifully with Zachary Levi it is not often you get the speaking charaters doing the singing as well but its wonderfull to see that here and I see the light has been nominated for an oscar. The score by Alan Menken is wonderful it fits into the action on screen wonderfully. This is a cd i could listen to over and over again and never get bored. It is just lovely so if i were you i would buy the cd and get the feeling of being tangled listening to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Years of Waiting!, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Tangled (MP3 Download)
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Tangled for a very long time, and followed it's production from it's early stages (back when it was originally titled Rapunzel Unbraided then Rapunzel, before getting it's last minute name change to Tangled!). I am a huge fan of Disney in particular their animated feature films for which the studio is famous for. When it was announced that Menken would be working on the music for the film I had very high expectations! Tangled (finally!) got it's UK release on January 28th 2011 two months after the majority of the world, and it was without a doubt worth waiting for! The many years of production on this film have paid off and I have no qualms saying that the Walt Disney Animation Studio is back on form after a string of underperforming releases throughout the 2000s. I purposely held off listening to the soundtrack before seeing the film, so it would be a surprise and what a soundtrack it is! This has been on repeat on my iPod since I purchased it, I'm in love with it! The score is tremendous full of emotion (it gives me goosebumps in parts!) and encompasses everything you would want from a Disney Score. Then there's the songs, I still cannot settle on which is my favorite as they're all brilliant. Mandy Moore, Donna Murphy and Zachary Levi are immensely talented individuals and this is the first time I've been exposed to any of their work. I can see the likes of "When Will My Life Begin" and "I See the Light" being as highly regarded as previous Disney Classics such as "Part of Your World", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Wish Upon A Star" in the near future. This is without a doubt a worthy purchase for any Disney fan, worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack for Tangled fans, 17 Mar 2011
We ordered the CD straight after we got home from watching Tangled at the cinema. The girls (aged 15 and 21!) loved the songs and were singing it all the way home. CD arrived within three days. We put the music on their ipods and we played it in the car everywhere. They know all the lyrics by heart now, and said the music gets better and better the more you listen to it. Highly recommended to die-hard disney and Alan menken fans, especially if you enjoyed Tangled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tangled, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: Tangled (Audio CD)
This CD was bought for my nearly 4 year old daughter who is addicted to Tangled. We play the CD mainly in the car and she can sing almost every word - it makes long journeys very bearable. Product arrived very quickly and in perfect 'new' condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars With a line-up like this, you couldn't be disappointed!, 30 Dec 2010
DTdh (Brit in Southern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tangled (Audio CD)
It was my admiration for Mandy Moore that led me to the soundtrack for Tangled, so much so that without the film even being realised to the UK yet, the soundtrack was already a must have of mine. On top of that, the songwriting and score expectations couldn't be higher coming from the man seen as the Andrew Lloyd Webber of Disney animated scores, Alan Menken.

And I was happy to know my hopes wouldn't be dashed. The songs are strong, the score is beautiful, and it's always interesting to hear what actors who aren't particularly famed for their singing (Zachary Levi and Brad Garrett mainly) sound like in song. The duet between Levi and Moore "I See The Light" has now been nominated for a Golden Globe.

It was a plesant surprise to see the soundtrack available (through Amazon) to the UK upon it's official release, and over two months before we are getting the film (January 28).

With Tangled being the most expensive-made animated film of all time, second most expensive after Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, it was surprising that they didn't recruit a top artist to sing a theme song that would do any Disney film before it, or even James Bond movie justice. Maybe they felt enough had been done with signing both Mandy Moore and Alan Menken to the same project, so chose a lesser known artist in Grace Potter for what I'm guessing was the theme. Who knows - what with Celine Dion doing the theme for another one of Alan's scores in "Beauty and the Beast" in the early stages of her career, maybe Grace could be heading in the same direction.

All in all a great music list for what looks to be a beautifully produced movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tangled up in love for this CD, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Tangled (Audio CD)
Beautiful songs and music and a good mix of tracks from the film, a must for any tangled lover! So thats anyone between 3 and 99!

5.0 out of 5 stars See along to Tangled!, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tangled (Audio CD)
This is a lovely product.
I bought it for my 4 year old daughter for Christmas and we have listened to it a lot. It has all the music from the film on.
Excellent buy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Tangled (MP3 Download)
It's a wonderful soundtrack and i'm really glad that i purchased it! Some very good songs and it's a great buy if you enjoyed the movie...you get to listen to all you favourite songs again!! #I have a dream...# =P

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cd, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Tangled (Audio CD)
This cd has all the music from the film and one i don't think was in the film. There's a leaflet with it with the words in so you can sing along! lol. I've downloaded some of the songs from it onto my ipod too. I think it's a good idea to get the cd because you can listen to your favourites whenever you like and when watching the film you don't notice some of the backing music. There's a good range of styles in the songs and they all have great voices.

Tangled