5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the iPAD needs
The cable Apple supplies with the IPAD, although adequate for computer synching, is not really long enough for use conveniently as a power supply or for recharging.
I tried using a 2 metre USB extension but that did not always provide an adequate current.
This cable however works perfectly. Virtually no voltage drop at all
Ordered on Friday morning, got it...
Published on 19 Feb. 2011 by C. E. Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Low power output
This product works well with my iPod and iPhone but doesn't deliver sufficient power to charge my iPad when I'm using it. The iPad mains adapter delivers 2.1 amps through the short (supplied) cable, but it seems this cable cannot deliver the same power.
Published on 22 April 2012 by Sprocket

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the iPAD needs, 19 Feb. 2011
C. E. Taylor (Warwickshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High Grade - Extra Long USB Sync & Charge Cable for Apple iPhone 3G / 3Gs / 4 / 4S - For All Apple iPod Touch / Nano / Classic / Mini (All Generations) - For Apple iPad 1 / 2 / 3 - Length : 2 meters / 6.6 ft - AAA Products® (Electronics)
This cable however works perfectly. Virtually no voltage drop at all
Ordered on Friday morning, got it next day.
Nice substantial thing too !

Well recommended for those of us that like to use the IPAD from bed

Update
After over two years of constistant use and frankly considerable abuse by me, the cable has developed a slightly reduced charging rate. Not surprising with my treatment of it. It's been stretched, bent and generally ill-treated.
I immediately ordered a replacement that came the next day ! It's not as flexible as the original - but is still well worthwhile .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Jan. 2011
Ordered friday afternoon and had received it by Saturday morning. Excellent delivery from providers and well packaged.

My partner has constant battles with iphone cables and wanting to use his phone whilst it is charging (as we all know the iphone battery live is shocking) so I had a look around and chose this cable for it's length. He has no complaints now...he can happily use his phone whilst it is charging without having to sit at an awkward angle.

When it arrived it was wound up and looked no where near the correct length but a quick unroll soon proved it was indeed 6ft! Absolutely fantastic... and does the job so far. Have had no problems and considering the official (short!) iphone cable is £15 this is a great price for the length.

If you are fed up of constantly struggling to get your cable to reach to charge your phone at a decent place, or to still use your phone while it is charging then I would recommend this cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 April 2011
The length of the cable is a godsend! This cable gives you the added length you've always wanted.
Good, solid quality and looks genuine!
*Note, the USB 2.0 end of the cable isn't actually orange as seen in the picture, it is just a cover, the cable looks like it is from apple!

5.0 out of 5 stars There's nothing better than having a good length!!, 5 Dec. 2012
When it comes to cables we generally have to just cope with what god (the manufacturer) gave us.
But nowadays with a little artificial help you can get extra length at relatively little cost.

I am very happy with my upgrade and my girl friend loves it. She can wriggle around as much as she wants and it still stays plugged in and always charges up her device without fail.

We're both very satisfied customers.
Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Say 'good-bye' to USB extension cables!, 15 Jun. 2011
I bought this cable to use with an Apple Universal Dock. At first, I was using an extra Apple USB sync/charge cable I got for my iPhone, and connected it to a 1.5m USB extension cable to make it longer to connect it to the white mains plug as I wanted to use the dock placed on top of my work table to charge up the batteries of my phone whilst playing music. That setup was okay, until I got me an iPod Touch 4th Generation. Had no problems charging my iPhone, but with my iPod Touch on the dock charging never went smoothly. What would happen is that the iPod only gets charged up halfway through to a full battery, and then it gets trickle-charged the rest of the way (as the 'thunderbolt' in the battery symbol on the upper right-hand corner of the screen becomes a 'mains plug' even though the battery isn't full yet) until the battery does become full which takes way too long.

Then I found this one, and seeing that it was the only item with previous reviews which were all positive made me order it one morning. I got the cable the next day and I changed my dock set-up straight away. As one reviewer said, there was really no loss in power output and I never had to worry about premature trickle-charging of my iGadgets again.

I'm glad I bought this cable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, 16 April 2013
Stephen Collins "World Traveller" (South East England) - See all my reviews
Nice quality cable indistinguishable from the genuine article, that orange bit in the picture is just a peel off sticker. Had mine many months and had no issues with charging/syncing, very handy length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy !, 23 April 2013
Bought this cable so i didn't have to go to the over side of my room and stand next to the wall to charge it, it's still lasting now and i bought this in September!! Great value for money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Low power output, 22 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 13 April 2013
It works perfectly as a replacement for the apple lead and is much longer. It also works when connected to the widows computer without problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adequate but slower, 15 April 2013
Happy with the quality and it charges our iPad 2 fine ... but it definitely takes longer than the original cable.