on 3 May 2011
I highly recommend this book. It is written in a way that clearly describes some of the more confusing grammar rules and is an invaluable resource for writers.
on 14 June 2013
Reading most books on grammar are about as exciting as watching paint dry. Annette Lyon, the daughter of an linguist, makes the subject entertaining while being concise and pragmatic. The book is broken up into bite sized nuggets of information, easily digestible and to retain. I eagerly went through the kindle version of the book every morning while commuting into London. An hour a day keeps the editor's red pencil away! This book also tackles stylistic elements of writing and offers solution that would benefit both the professional and amateur writer alike. This book is a must have, a gift from a thoughtful master of the English language.

My big question is: Is that Ms. Lyon on the cover?
on 18 February 2013
There are hundreds of books on Grammar and as you can expect it is not one of most peoples favourite subjects to read about, quite often sending the reader to sleep. This book however is very well written and covers all the major problems we humans face when stringing a sentence together. In electronic form and at the price it is for sale, it is a welcome addition to my Kindle when I am out and about and do not want to be carrying a rucksack full of books with me.
Well worth the money, would recommen​d to anyone like me with the less than perfect memory who sometimes needs to brush up on the odd conjugated verb or two.
on 26 January 2011
The best grammar book in the world, probably, at this price and on Kindle anyway :)

After one reading and it was a rather pleasant reading; my grammar and punctuation have improved dramatically. An easy style and layout, this lady certainly knows her stuff, without being stuffy in the teaching process.

This book made brushing up my grammar, comprehensive and enjoyable, highly recommended to anyone that writes anything, even a letter to their milkman.
on 5 February 2012
More of a short primer than a deep look at the details of grammar. It may suit writers needing a few guidelines during the editing phase. On the down-side, the logic of the organisation is not clear and the text contains a number of basic grammatical errors. However, that said, it is a pleasantly readable guide to fixing some common errors.
on 23 March 2013
This is perfect for a refresher and reminder about where to put punctuation marks when using quotes or the difference between effect and affect. Great value for just over £1.
on 20 November 2013
I choose this book as I am very interested in the grammar, Any one that is interested in the English language would find this book very interesting
on 6 March 2013
I found the product to be exactly as described and am very pleased with it - I would recommend you to my friends
on 9 July 2014
I just wanted something cheap and simple to make sure I wasn't committing any common grammar crimes. This book did just that, without getting too stuffy. Presented in a quite conversational way rather than dull textbook format, It was quick to read and understand.
on 16 March 2014
It explains the use of grammar and puts it into context with good examples, which I like. Easy to read.