Price:£12.02 - £33.17

on 15 July 2011
This light (and its twin front light) is fantastic - blindingly bright if you look directly at it and yet it fits in the palm of your hand. The diminutive size coupled with the simple wrap-around method of attaching the light to the bike mean it takes seconds to put the light on or take it off and it can be popped into a coat pocket. USB charging is a great idea.
on 9 August 2013
I like the bike light because I love the Knog bike lights. The Knog Boomer rear light is bright and a great looking 'little' light. It is small in size but makes up for it in its brightness.
However, the light seems to be less secure because the silicon outer case looks like it may easily to come off. The front Knog Boomer light appears to be more secure than the back one. I have found a solution in that I have tied a thin ribbon on the silicon casing to tie it to the seat post to prevent the light from coming away from the bicycle frame and it looks quite secure!
on 5 November 2012
The fixation system is not optimal...
it's not as easy and seems less secure than the front knog.
The blinder system seems a bit better.
on 1 May 2012
I like the lights (have both), but the removal from the silicon housing can be something I'd rather have different and I find it really annoying that I have to push the button five times through the lighting modes to turn both off. It can't be that with a decent bit of kit like this we remain at such a basic idea when it comes to the feature used the most... I.e. on and off.

Pros
Bright
Useful for going to work because you can charge them there
Charge holds well, at least when used on blink
Slick idea and concept

Cons
Rear has fussy fitting of band due to hook used
Won't fit larger posts/bars without stressing the pull round silicon band
Really aNnoying lack of straight off/on option.
Significant price

Would I by them again, I would have to think seriously about it. Nt sure whether the price to value box is tickable on these. Maybe time will tell. Especially if the silicon cases hold up to the weather and constant use. I have my doubts at this stage, but don't wish to be too harsh about them.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2015
They turn themselves on in your bag so you go home unlit.

The back light toggles though 6 flash patterns (needlessly) so you spend half your life turning it off.

Every minute if use requires ten minutes of charge on the PC.

I lost the back one as it fell off.

Having said that, I still used them. albeit with mixed emotions.
on 6 May 2013
I bought the light for the front as well and it works perfectly. However, when this one arrived it did not turn on nor hold its charge when I charged it through the USB. I overran the time available for returns or else I would have returned it. Beware!
on 24 July 2013
It may be just my bike but the rear light attachment was loose and it kept falling off, eventually until I lost it - around 2-3 weeks after purchasing, so a complete loss really. Other knog lights I have bought have however been great.
on 6 October 2012
Simple to use. All in one fittings made of tough rubber means less chance of breakages and no separate parts to attach to bike frame. Powerful LED light. Needs no batteries. Charges off computer or USB adapter. Highly reccomended.
on 18 May 2013
If you have ever been caught out with flat battery on bike light for winter ride to work this could be solution for you. Simply ride to work then plug light into computer and get it charged up for free.
on 11 July 2013
Hi, I bought this light because I wanted something discreet, quite cool looking and good quality.
Ended up buying that Knog one, even though it is expensive (£25 for one bike light!).

Worked very well when I received it, for about a week using it everyday. Then it ran out of battery, as expected.
Since then, it doesn't work anymore!! (despite trying to charge it obviously).

Of course the return deadline is now passed so I ended up spending £25 on a light I was able to use for 1 week only=not happy!