5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful
Published 4 months ago by Coofer Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
I've had other timers which fail after a short time, so rather after reading the reviews I decided not to throw away yet more expensive rubbish, I'd try this. Initially set it up to water at 5pm every 24 hours and it worked well. We then had rather a dry spell so I decided to change it to every 12 hours, unfortunately I did this at 7pm so the timer then reset itself for 7. Not the timers fault, it did what it was told, so even if you change the frequency you have to do it at the time you want it to come on. Not a problem now as I have changed it back to 5pm and 24 hours as we don't need as much water now. This is a very good product at an excellent price, you just have to remember that its not as 'intelligent' as some models, only as intelligent as the person operating it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
Works as designed, but it's quite annoying. If you set it for (say) an hour every day, then it does nothing until tomorrow, and turns on at the hour you set it today. That's a shame because you'll end up disconnecting it so that you can use your hose manually today while you wait for it to work automatically. It's a shame it doesn't have a manual override that doesn't affect the timer, or else ran right now instead of waiting until the next scheduled time. That said, it's quite clear about all of this in the instructions, and seems to work quite nicely. Not sure I'd trust it in the long-term, but for a few weeks in the summer it seems fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kingfisher garden watering electronic timer, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
So far, after about three weeks, it looks excellent. easy to set up and run. I don't know how long the battery will last but we will see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and effective, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
Seems to work fine but I've only had it a month and time will tell if it lasts. Much better value than the expensive devices (if it lasts).

Bit fiddly to set-up because you can't tell immediately if it's working, you have to wait for the programmed delay before it starts to ,work.

Instructions are a bit too basic and don't fully explain what's going on. For example, there's no mention of the little indicator light. First time around the batteries I used were drained and if I'd known to look for the little light I'd have known that and not wasted a day waiting to see if the thing works or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars water the garden while on holiday, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
I was off on holiday, and my hozelock water timer had given up the ghost by filling with water, after a trip to b&q for a replacement, I did not fancy spending 35 on another one. Bought this one and found it just as good. The timer is easy to set, just turn the frequency button (at the exact time in the day you want it to come on), then sent the time for how long you want it to come on for. If you then don't need watering for a few days, just turn the time button to off - this still keeps the frequency time set, so that when you want it to come back on, just set the time to how many minutes watering. There is also a little LED that flashes to show the batteries are still working. The instructions were also quite clear which made setting easy. For the money am very pleased, not sure how many seasons it will last, but kept the plants alive this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastick timer, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
This water timer works its basic what more do I need to water my tomatoes from the water collected off the green house roof, and it don't leak like the hozelock sort. You must remember the timer starts from when you set it so if you want it to water at 4 in the morning you need to set it at 4 in the morning in my opinion not a great hardship for the price paid. Delivery great ordered on the 18th posted 19th received 20th (predicted delivery 22 to 26) great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
neaded new water timer as last two stoped working & neaded to use on plant water drip system arived on day stated good price will use service again

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use - great value timer!, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
Only bought this very recently, just before we went on holiday. I didn't wish to spend a lot of money, because I only wanted it for a couple of pots and ordinarily I never use a timer. I set it up on a ordinary hose without an irrigation hose system just to water 2 pots of hydrangeas. I'm really impressed. It's only a very simple timer, but very easy to use. Because it doesn't have a digital clock, you have to do initial set up at a time you wish the hose to come on. I set it up at 6pm and set the dials for every 12 hours and for 5 minutes. So, from the time of set up, the timer clicks on at 6pm and 6am (every 12 hours, ie. twice each day) for 5 mins. Simple!

In fact, with such hot weather recently, and my back garden being a sun trap, I've left the timer on! (No coming out to thirsty hydrangeas!) Once I've redesigned my garden, I'll put in a proper irrigation system and set it to that too!

It's also quite varied in its timings. You can set it run for longer periods with varying increments (up to 120 minutes if I recall correctly) and set it to come on hourly, several times throughout the day, up to every 72 hours or even just weekly!

I spent 12.49 and it's been well worth the money. I confess, it was significantly cheaper than some other brands I saw and I was worried that it wouldn't work properly, fall off the tap etc. etc. But I've been very pleasantly surprised and pleased with its performance and simplicity.

It's only been working for just over a month now, so I can't comment on battery life or its long-term durability, but everything else is very good and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings., 25 Aug 2013
Crimas (E R Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
We have a garden that requires a lot of watering and we go away often in the middle of dry weather. We have therefore tried most of the 'water timers'. This model is the least reliable of those we have had lasting for only one season, however the same has happened on timers costing twice as much. We have bought six timers in the last four years, and have now given up on them for every day watering. We will have to use one again when we next go away and at half the price of the competitors will most probably buy on of these. We however will count it as a one off cost of the trip and not rely on it once we get back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
It's pretty good for the money. It certainly seems water-tight with the cover on, and even wen I got caught out by a heavy rain shower while the cover was off, it dried up quickly with no lasting damage.

The fixings are all plastic which don't form a very good seal; I had quite noticeable water leak out the top when I first put it on, but some PFTE (plumbers) tape soon fixed that.

The timer only has two variables; delay and run time. There's no start time, which means that if you want it to come on every 24 hours at 5am, you have to be up at 5am the first time. Of course, if you're happy for it to come on at 5am and 5pm, then you could just set it to run every 12 hours at 5pm, which is far more sleep-friendly.

My only on-going niggle is that when you set the delay & run time, it doesn't do run-delay-run-delay, but instead does delay-run-delay-run. Which means that if you are setting a 24 hour cycle, you either have to run it yourself manually before setting up the timer, or forgo the first watering of the cycle. Personally, if I'm setting something up to run at say 8pm every day, I'd rather it first ran now, rather than in 24 hours time. A little thing, but along with everything else, enough to cost it a star.

Electronic Water Timer