5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but excellent!
Published on 16 Mar 2011 by Michael Chan

2.0 out of 5 stars Fault
This arrived very quickly from seller but it kept shutting down because of an internal error after one minute. Nice feeling camera but seemed slow between taking pictures in the short time I used it. I returned it for a refund.
Published on 24 Jun 2012 by R. Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but excellent!, 16 Mar 2011
Michael Chan "Lovandlight" (Wokingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A3300 IS Digital Camera - Red (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch TFT LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I consider myself a very experienced and competent semi-professional photographer and currently own and use both film and digital equipment, including a high-spec Canon 50D dslr outfit and complete medium format outfit, both of which are extremely bulky and heavy. However, I also carry and use a tiny Canon Ixus 500 pocket digicam which, despite its 5.1 megapixel sensor, can still deliver exceptionally good A4-size prints when required. I bought the new Powershot A3300IS to ultimately replace my 6-year-old Ixus 500, principally because it has a really advanced modern specification with a screen that is four times larger. Having put the A3300IS through its paces, I can confidently assert that it is a remarkable piece of kit and can readily produce excellent A4-size prints with ease.

It has a solid, all-metal body, which appears both handsome and durable. My sole gripe is with Canon's meanness by not supplying even a basic SDHC card, so don't forget to order one from Amazon with the camera, so that you can get shooting straight away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 24 Feb 2011
This camera is an excellent little camera. It is compact and comes with a camera strap for extra security. The camera has lots of different modes, including a hd video mode, fish eye mode, and scene mode which allows you to select scenes like beach, snow, fireworks, kids&pets, landscapes etc. The camera has a great quality zoom and the clarity and detail of the pictures are amazing. The screen is also very clear, it is a great size which allows you to use the camera easily. Overall the camera is great. The only drawback is that the flap/cover for the battery and sd card compartment is not vey strong, and needs to be used carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality camera for the price, 9 Aug 2011
I have a Canon digital SLR camera, but bought this Canon PowerShot A3300 as a small "tuck it in your handbag" camera. For that it is perfect. It takes good quality shots and is extremely easy to use with some nice features - face tracking etc. In full sun, the screen is difficult to see and unlike using the SLR I am never entirely sure whether I have taken a good shot or not until I look at it in detail afterwards! However, so far so good and this has been a good purchase - particularly when on holiday in the evenings when you don't want to be carrying a large camera around with you. Good price too. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent so far, 30 Oct 2011
I chose the Canon Powershot on the recommendation of a Canadian Friend who has an old model and found it performs well - I haven't had the camera for long but so far it's fine - Photos and video of this latest model are good and easy to operate,and also straightforward to transfer to my computer - An ideal camera for those that don't wan't anything too technical

5.0 out of 5 stars A SUPER LITTLE CAMERA, 30 July 2011
J. McEvilly "justme" (LONDON UK) - See all my reviews
THIS IS A WONDERFUL LITTLE CAMERA, not only is it able to do really good pictures but it can do wonderful video and it is very clear so no problems with any thing that this camera dose. Price wise it is a great deal and for that I must thank AMAZON. It came super quick and the packaging was not only good but great and so easy to open without any problems at all. It can slip into your pocket and be ready to take pictures in seconds, as it is nice and small as well as looking great as well. I would like to add that I have been a Pro- photographer so when I say that this is a great camera I know what I am talking about. I have at the moment two DSLRs a Canon D60 and a Nikon D200.
I started talking photos when I was 18 and I am 78 now so a few years experience.
I think this is so good after buying this one for my daughter that I was so pleased with what she showed me I just had to have one for myself. I did have a compact but lost it in Manchester last year but I shall make very sure I will not loose this one and as it is now nearly 50 cheaper thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !!!, 15 Sep 2011
Snaps perfect pictures in any condition without the need for any adjustment of the focus or the brightness while still providing a great success all automatically, it also has the possibility for those who want to make adjustments. Very compact, rechargeable battery life of about 200 excellent photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good choice, 15 April 2011
after looking around for cameras for over 6 months i finaly decided to buy this canon and its just the camera i have been looking for great great picture quality the only reason i have given 4 stars is because it takes a while to take a pic and i have lost some moments which i would have wanted it to capture but i am still satisfied because whatever it does capture is good quality recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing camera, 13 July 2011
I bought this one for my dad, he never did any photography and he's enjoying it alot. The camera is easy to operate and it's almost hard to make bad pictures with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Powershot A3300 IS Digital Camera, 30 Aug 2011
This is a smart little compact camera, and it is so easy to use, with virtually everything an amateur would want to have to hand. The pix are so clear it is amazing what this little lens can do. Truly Canon have got this one right, from weight, shooting, and final results. A great little masterpiece of workmanship to own. Bill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small camera, big impression!, 11 May 2011
I bought this camera as a replacement for my trusted Kodak that had just given up on me after 5 years or so of having it. I bought this camera on a whim as I thought it was attractive, had decent specs and I needed a replacement quick.

I was a little worried as I couldn't find many reviews for it, but took the plunge anyway. I'm glad I did! So far it's been an amazing little camera, and isn't badly priced for the clarity of the pictures and even the videos you can capture with it. I've only used it properly once during a night on the town, and the pictures were perfect even when I'd had a few drinks. The flash is powerful, but doesn't seem to be so powerful that it bleaches the image or makes anyone look ghostly. With the flash you get an almost professional image.

It picks up colours really well, which is an issue I used to have with my old camera as it made things look darker or lighter than they actually are. I'm a snake owner and constantly try to get a decent image of them so that I can show of their true colours, and this is a good camera for it. I've only had to delete a few pictures off of the camera for being too blurry but that was when the subject was moving too much or my hand was too unstable.

It's an attractive camera with a sleek design and a large preview screen, and a good layout for looking back on the images you've taken. The only issue I have is that the capture button is to the left of the image setting dial and I'm not used to that placement, but I'm sure that's just me being stuck in my old ways.

Overall a very good camera so far, but because I've not had it long and haven't had a chance to see any of its bugs I've only given it 4 stars. I'll re-update once I've had it a few months.