5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry of love, written by a lover of poetry, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Passion Fruit (Kindle Edition)
I've never met the author, but I wish I had. I write poetry, occasionally. I never had the courage to expose it to public gaze. Poetry dealing with love, in all its manifestations, is intensely personal, but the author of this collection has such mastery of words his work deserves to be displayed for a wider audience.
I love the simple yet so effective cover and the variety of poetry on offer. Mystery, page 11, is simplistic, yet wonderfully effective. I re-read it, and then read it again. For sheer intensity, I'd recommend Storm, page 33, for its unrelenting power and for sheer poignancy Wishing You Back, page 49.
Every poem here is perfectly crafted, carefully honed, yet there's suggestion of mathematical precision - they're written from the heart by a writer of sensuality and awareness of feelings who possesses the gift of expression.
Wholeheartedly recommended. A book I treasure, shall read from again and again, show to others. That's what books are for. Poetry especially.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Passion Fruit (Kindle Edition)
There is a quiet beauty to these poems, a soft sensuality that is the natural and innate expression of their subjects, as opposed to the hard-sell sexuality that permeates modern culture. As a result, these poems are as refreshing as bathing in the morning dew, and as invigorating as a spring breeze. None of these pieces are forced, they are all stated with a calm assurance, and all of them hit their mark. Richard Pierce is a fine poet, and any lover of poetry will find much to draw from this collection, both in the first reading, and throughout many return visits thereafter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for reading on the go, 20 April 2011
This review is from: Passion Fruit (Kindle Edition)
I have both a paper copy of this book and an electronic copy on my Android phone. I was surprised by how easy it is to read this poetry on a small portable device. I like the way the book works on two levels. Each poem is quite short and self-contained but the whole book evolves through three different phases and styles.

There is some mildly erotic content in the book, but frankly nothing I'd be ashamed of my teenage children or the person next to me on the train reading over my shoulder.

My favourite poem is Kiss on page 29.

Passion Fruit