5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful
this is great dupe for the infamous mac 217, but at a fifth of the price. a must have for eye make up, and have just discovered how great this is for blending in cream concealers! (avoid liquidier, may look streaky)
Published 15 months ago by Miss S J Islam

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what i was expecting
Published 14 months ago by Fritzidot

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what i was expecting, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
When i revived this brush it looked NOTHING like the picture. The bristles where spread apart and they were not cut to what was pictured. And then i felt the brush and honestly i don't think i have ever felt a brush that was so stiff and harsh on the skin. Also with that first touch a reasonable amount of hairs came out some of these bristles completely came out and some snapped leaving behind a brush that looked like something you would clean the toilets with.I washed the brush and it dried quickly (finally a good point YAAAY) but i kept pressing the bristles together since they strayed apart. When i actually used the brush it DID blend my eyeshadow nicely and it DID pack the eyeshadow on well but having very thin eyelids it felt like i was sanding them down .Although i liked the finished results my eyelid was left sore. I know your probably thinking "it was only a fiver what do you expect", well i have brought brushes that were much cheaper than this that felt like silk next compared to this brush. If this brush had the same bristles as them it probably would have gotten 5 stars. I would like to return it but i don't know if i can since it did use it but since it was a fiver i will let it go. Overall: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! xx

3.0 out of 5 stars Hairs fall out, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
The brush is good for blending make up really well, however I found each time I used it small hairs from the brush had fallen down onto my face, meaning I would smudge my face make up (which is cream based so can be moved easily) trying to get the hairs off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
It looks just like a Mac 217 which was good but if I'm honest I found it to be quite rough on my tender eyelid skin but after one wash of the brush the bristles softened slightly and was much softer on my lid when blending so I guess it worked out ok. I ordered 2 of these and would reccomend these to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 17 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
I love MAC brushes and this is a great blending brush -strongly recommended. This one is slightly harder than the 224, but just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Blending Eyeshadow Brush, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
Very nice and soft eyeshadow brush. Good quality.Very easy to apply eyeshadow with it. Good price for the brush. I love it !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
The brush is ok, but only after one wash the hair seem to go into all directions. Can't use this brush to apply dark shades of eyeshadow, as the result would be sloppy. Tried using it to blend concealer and found it to be too harsh for the under-eye area. So basically, its an ok brush but I would definitely recommend everyone to invest into a slightly pricier brush (Sigma is fantastic) and get yourself an amazing tool you would be using forever,

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
I was looking for a MAC 217 Brush but I didn't want to go too high end, I came across this brush and was happy with the way it looked a lot like the MAC 217. I am very pleased at how alike this product is to the MAC, and how the texture shape and size are almost exact, but this is a quarter of the price

Great brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Rating depends on what you expect from it., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
I like it, but I don't love it. In comparison to the fabled MAC 217, it has a similar shape which is slightly more rounded. If you own a 217, or watch make-up videos, with a 217 you can get a very defined crease if you use it in the right way (though it does depend on how prominent your own crease is, I found that with this brush you can get a softer result, not as defined. Neither brush is advertised for this use though - the best ever crease brush in my humble opinion is a Louise Young LY38B, or the Royal and Langnickel Revolution Crease Brush is also excellent if this is what you are looking for.

I did not find that this brush was scratchy, rough or bristly. It is definitely not on the firm side. I do use this brush everyday, and I find that it is good for blending eyeshades . It is not ideal for placing eye shadow, neither is it ideal for blending heavy cream products like concealer or cream eye shadow bases. I did find it adequate for blending the Maybelline Colour Tattoo products, however.

If you are looking for a brush that does more than blend, i.e. deposit product or blend heavier products, I would suggest the Royal and Langnickel Blending Crease Brush or large eye smudger, or the Coastal Scents Black Blending Brush, both very cheap and affordable.

I have washed the brush several times and it has retained its shape. Few hairs have splayed from the original shape. There has been no loss of hair fibre.

Finally, I would however recommend this brush as a basic blending brush for someone who perhaps wears lighter eye shadows, or enjoys a smokey or soft crease colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW SUPERB LIKE MY HIGH END BRUSH BUT ON CHEAPER, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush (Personal Care)
The perfect blending brush a must have in your kit or for personal use, blending quality superb I had my doubts about it but when it arrived I wahsed it and tested it out it was excellent but definitely one of my top 3 fav blending brushes at the moment.

Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush