5.0 out of 5 stars A must for final year students!
If, like me, you are scared of the big 'D' in your last year of university then you have to purchase this book. The author clearly states that the book doesnt need to be read cover to cover but used as a reference guide, which I have been doing. The author also explains everything so simply s not to confuse you even more.
If you're confused at what needs to be...
Published on 7 Oct 2009 by girlybooklover

3.0 out of 5 stars a recipe book approach
One of the problems with writing a book on this subject is that different institutions and, within them, different programmes, each have their own, often slightly different, dissertation requirements. Furthermore, the individualistic nature of each student's dissertation is such that the recipe book approach adopted by this book is of limited value.

Before you...
Published on 26 Feb 2012 by The Collector

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for final year students!, 7 Oct 2009
If you're confused at what needs to be included in a dissertation proposal, it tells you whats needed plus more handy hints to make sure you get top marks. If you dont undestand research methods, the book goes over many methods and analysis techniques.
I could go on about how good this book is, but really, I recommend it to all who is about to write a dissertation or half way through and hit that brick wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Resource!, 6 Jun 2012
Gotta say I couldn't have done my dissertation without this book! It was brilliant and guides you through each section step by step with checklists so you know you have everything covered. If I hadn't had this book I definitely would have panicked a lot more and not got as good a grade for my dissertation! The only thing I can think of that I needed a bit more guidance on was statistical analysis and qualitative data analysis, but that is because it was specific to my course and dissertation and a general book like this would never be able to cover everything for every dissertation. Still, it was worth every penny and is a fantastic resource to base your dissertation structure on.

3.0 out of 5 stars a recipe book approach, 26 Feb 2012

Before you buy this book check the contents page and see how this compares with the format and content requirements that apply to your dissertation. Some of the sections e.g. Literature Review - will be the same but look at the detail and you might see significance differences.

You're unlikely to find a single book that has all the answers to your questions - they're all too general. My advice would be to buy/borrow separate books. One on Methodology, another on writing a literature review etc. and, above all, study your programme's handbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me get 1st class honours for my dissertation!, 21 Sep 2013
This book was basically my bible this year! It contains everything you need to know about the dissertation process, and I mean EVERYTHING - the formatting, wordspace, reference/bibliography lists and fantastic advice to develop your critical analysis skills further to get an excellent mark. The writer has a great, non-patronising writing style and explains everything in great detail, even splitting the chapters into non-empirical and empirical dissertations for easy reference. It helped me write a dissertation worth 1st class honours, so I definitely recommend it for any 3rd year student about to start the momentous task of planning, preparing and writing up their dissertation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful!!, 2 May 2012
Ms. F. Gibbs (U.k) - See all my reviews
To be honest I was overwhelmed when starting my dissertation and I did not really understand what it was at first. I did not reference anything from the book but I did read up on definitions of things and how to start things e.g abstract. I would use bits of the book as a checklist for what to include. I have had my results now and I did receive the highest mark I have ever had. I am not implying it is wholly down to this book but it did contribute.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 4 Nov 2012
This book is well written and easy to understand. it is a must have item for any student undertaking their final year dissertation. I am a dyslexic student and I have found it easy to understand and read.Writing a Dissertation For Dummies

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing a Dissertation For Dummies, 16 Feb 2012
I have purchased this textbook as I am in my final year of BA (Hons) Business and Finance, and this book has proved to be invaluable in writing my dissertation.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 7 Mar 2012
an easy to read book and points you in the direction of where you need to be in the book for further help

5.0 out of 5 stars Dissertation step by step, 2 Dec 2009
This book takes you through the whole process in a clear and direct way with every aspect explained informatively without wasting any valuable time. It will be by my side until the whole process is over!

5.0 out of 5 stars good to read before you start, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Writing a Dissertation For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I really like this book, find it very helpful when you are hopeless about how to write, where to start, and how to structure the work. It comes up with very useful ideas about the whole process of writing and everything connected with writing the dissertation (schedule, planning, research, communication...). I took lots of notes from the book, that significantly helped me. Useful for social science students and highly recommended!

Writing a Dissertation For Dummies