on 11 November 2013
I purchased this with some trepidation, when something is supposedly easy to install and involves technology experience tells me it's usually anything but simple! However, a planned holiday to Scotland and the reviews on here tempted me to take the plunge.

It arrived very quickly and I plugged it into my iPod (it wouldn't fit my iPhone without me taking the phone from its case), tuned the car stereo into the channel number displayed and there it was, playing my selected track on my iPod!

Fantastic, it really was that easy! And then I went for a drive. Before I knew it I had a radio station bleeding all over my music and no amount of fiddling seemed to fix the problem. Tried several different channels suggested by the unit, all of which resulted in interference from numerous radio stations. I just knew it had been too easy, but then I had an idea.

I live in a fairly rural area and the unit worked well until I travelled through a town or built up area so I stopped in town and reset the whole thing (30 seconds). Problem solved. The unit suggested a completely different channel, I tuned in and haven't had a problem since!

Travelled all the way up to Scotland, a 9 hour trip, with no trouble at all. Thankfully I'd purchased a charging cable and it kept the iPod fully charged too. I really can't recommend this little unit enough, if you are thinking of buying one, look no further.
on 2 June 2014
Ordered on 29th May and delivered today. Amazon packaging good as usual and the box containing the transmitter was ok. After a quick read of the many paged instruction manual... oh yes, that's right, there isn't one, just a sentence on the back of the box, (fortunately simple, so simple even I can use it) I plugged it in, iPod Classic started immediately and on a quick run round the block (rural area so not much radio traffic) it works fine. What took the longest was tuning in the radio!
Will try it out on a return trip to Toulouse airport next weekend and one to the UK later and will report back, so as of now only 4 stars, that might go up or down. One thing to mention is that is doesn't come with a charger cable, but we had one for a 'phone, so no worries about battery life of the iPod.
A nephew and niece have one of these thingies made by a different company (kliBne) and they say the volume is poor, on 2/3 volume with this it is loud enough to annoy the neighbours!

Update on the above review. On a return trip from the UK to southwest France it worked really well. Leaving Calais it found an empty channel and it only needed to re-tune twice on the roughly 1000km trip! We used autoroutes and major roads passing by several large cities (including Bordeaux) and it never faltered once. Bizarrely on the first section it selected 107.7 which is the travel radio for the autoroutes and it cut out to allow the traffic updates! Now I wasn't expecting that and there was no other cross traffic from 107.7. I am impressed.
on 13 September 2013
Small, compact and setup inside 2 mins... took me longer to find my car keys!!!

Sound is excellent and it will also charge the iPhone too, with the right cable (not supplied)

I use Tom Tom sat nav on my iPhone and it works beautifully... the music lowers and the instructions given clearly...

Room for improvement - of course there is... I would love to hear my phone calls on it too :)

Buy it and enjoy it ... I am and I've now brought one for my good lady too...
on 7 May 2014
Hi - Read everybody else's reviews and was in two minds but decided to take the plunge. I'm delighted with it. It took about a minute to set up after taking out of the box and since that initial set up I've had to re-scan twice for a better frequency. However, this happened when I first got it as on the third attempt I found a frequency that works perfectly both in and out of town and all the way up the M6 from J1 to J29. Plus, it really is no hassle to rescan if that is ever necessary and so I don't know what other reviewers were moaning about. I love it. I can now sing (yell) my head off to my playlists and even have a "car playlist" now with lots of loud, lively tunes to keep me going on long journeys. I am happy to recommend the KitSound to anyone.
on 14 February 2014
Does exactly what I want and with no bother. Added bonus that it seems to have found a frequency which works well within a 30 mile radius of my home - I previously had an iTrip which needed frequency changes every 5 miles. This is easy to use, transmits with a good strong signal, and is very reasonably priced. Don't look elsewhere.
on 22 March 2013
I sat down in the car dreading wrestling with yet another tranmitter that says it works really easily - shoved transmitter in ipad, pressed button, found wavelength suggested and it worked brilliantly. Whole process took perhaps a minute and a half. Wish I'd found this sooner!
on 29 May 2014
This arrived today. I purchased purely from reading the reviews. It is absolutely tiny, weighs less than a Jacobs Cream Cracker, has absolutely nothing to it, and it is brilliant! The sound quality is as perfect as a CD or direct into your MP3 player. Simply press the S logo on the front, and it auto-tunes to the best frequency. Open your Spotify or iPod on your phone, and that's it!

I am honestly blown away by the audio quality. Tiny enough to stick in your pocket when not in use and not even know it's there.

Would have been happy to pay 4 times this much for this sound clarity.
on 14 July 2014
The auto-search (for an un-used frequency) works well, sound quality is great for the price. I also have a TecNet ML-906, which is as good, but no auto search. It seems with both of them that there might be a very slight background static when playing through what seems to be a vacant freq., but finding another freq. sorts it out. For the price, very good.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 August 2011
I have had about 4 different types of FM transmitter and this is by far the simplest, smallest, and clearest.

Take it out of the packet: plug into the bottom of the Ipod, Tune the car stereo to the channel number displayed on the FM Transmitter screen (Note that you will need to tune using manual tune not autotune, autotune will often skip past the setting). and thats it you are set up and running.

a tip is to set up a play list on your Ipod otherwise you will be tempted to pick it up and change albums etc and thus break the no mobile while driving laws.

The sound is crystal clear (it does depend on your stereo...cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear).
It would have been better if you could charge the ipod at the same time, but you cant have everything.
on 25 September 2013
Compared to similar products on here, it is worth the money.

The FM signal can be really sketchy in my car as it doesn't transmit very far at all and is easily influenced by movement in the car for example. However, the scan function is brilliant and saves me loads of time, although there is a lot of static if I stop playing music.

Sound quality is otherwise good and I would recommend this if you don't want to pay for a Belkin equivalent.