Style Name: Apple iPhoneColour Name: BlackChange

on 21 November 2014
Although I gave this product 5 stars I very nearly sent these headphones back... got them at an amazing price (£19.99) in a lightning deal, but was so disappointed when I received them. There was no life on the sound AT ALL!... Got someone else to test them... same thing.

I was about ready to return the headphones when I decided to try the slightly larger earbuds (that come with the headphones), even though the medium ones that came on the headphones were very comfortable... OMG what a difference!!

I cannot stress enough to try ALL the earbud sizes, not only for comfort, but for sound quality too... it makes a huge difference! Incidentally, not only did the larger earbuds improve the sound quality, but they were even more comfortable that the medium ones!

Anyway, all that said... the best in-ear headphones that I have ever bought! Thank you Amazon for your lightning deals!!
on 3 September 2012
I had been a happy owner of a pair of Sennheiser CX-300's for over 2 years until I stood on them and snapped off an ear piece, since then i've been using the bundled Apple iPhone earphones. Although the sound quality has dropped and they constantly fall out of my ears i've found the inline volume and control buttons as well as the microphone to be really very handy.

As i've just started a gym membership I wanted to upgrade to something that would stay in my ears while exercising, block out the other sounds and have high quality sound. I was about to purchase another pair of CX-300's as they are exactly that but thought: "Is there a way to combine the features of the CX-300's with the Apple earphones?" I tried putting both earphones in a tank together to see if they would mate but alas! there was no need...

The answer is yes and they come in the form of the MM 30i's.

There's an obvious price difference between the CX-300's and the MM 30i's but it is well worth it in my opinion. The controls work on my iPhone, iPad and the iPod Nano I wear as a watch. There are up and down volume controls as well as a centre button which can Play (one click), Pause (one click), Skip track (two clicks), Skip back one track (three clicks), Answer Calls (one click), and End Calls (one click). The only thing I would change is that the controls are placed on the left hand wire (good for lefties?) instead of the right like the Apple earphones, it's no biggie though.

The earphones come in a see-through plastic box and contain the earphones, instructions and a set of 3 various sized earpieces to guarantee a good fit in your ear. As with all Sennheiser products I have used the MM 30i's are built to a high standard and sound fantastic.

All in all, if you're looking to upgrade from the standard Apple earphones or want extra functionality than your CX-300's you can't go wrong with choosing the MM 30i's.
11 comment153 of 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2015
Authenticate and register these ASAP after receiving them to ensure best support and 2 year warranty if anything goes wrong.
Remote is smaller than it seems in pictures, which is a good thing as I thought it may be heavy on one ear. Still larger enough for easy use, volume buttons are ramped so you can differentiate them from multi-function centre button, even through (thin) gloves.
Big bass, clear audio - I'm no audiophile however they sound fantastic to me. Bass is awesome for hip-hop I listen to, also great for classical music.
Right angle connector was a welcome surprise as it is pictured as straight, much better for damage avoidance and easier to plug in/out.
All black design blends well with any tech, silver rings on earphone housing works well with the overall flashes of silver and white throughout the aesthetics.
Small housing means they fit my ears excellently with the small tips provided (medium by default), which cannot be said for a large number of other earphones with weirdly shaped and/or large housing which leads to them falling out. These are always snug and comfortable.
People say I'm clear over the phone using hands-free mic and multi-function button allows call answering, ending, Siri voice control etc.
on 13 November 2011
I've had these earphones for around 3 months so thought it was about time to write a review.

First Impressions - nice box, fairly good instructions, 3 different sized buds going from really quite small to fairly large so these should fit most people comfortably.

Sound Quality - Initially coming from the standard Apple Earphones I wasn't blown away - yes they were better (more clarity, crisper and louder) but for the price...I wasn't sure. I was tempted to return them but figured I persevere and I'm glad I did. Once properly bedded in (I'd say at least 50 hours of use) these really did come in to their own. Sound became clearer, bass improved dramatically and the whole range got better and better.

Construction - Seem well built, mine still look like new - no exposed wires/scratches. The buds are well secured as well which hopefully should prevent them getting stuck in your ear (it does happen).

Criticism - The remote is too close to your face, I struggle to adjust the volume as I can't see what I'm doing. It needs to be a further down/separate from the microphone. They tangle very easily - more so than the Apple ones.

Conclusion - Give them a chance to bed in and you won't be disappointed. Nice earphones and good value for money.
on 8 May 2014
Reason for purchase: I primarily use these while travelling (driving/National Rail/TFL [Tube]) and wanted something that would allow voice and music player control in the remote so I don't have to faff about with my phone in public. Given the dearth of choices for headphones with android remote functionality I picked these based on price and previous experiences with the Sennheiser brand (good) and didn't want an 'inline' (one-button) remote.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195)
Android: 4.2.2
Music Player: Poweramp (2.0.9-build-554-play (full version))
User: male, 30's, finance professional.
Price paid: £45.34 (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.) the white version is more expensive than the black ones for some reason.

Positives
(a). Sound Quality: Seems good, no worse than some, more expensive, headphones I have tried for home use. Headphones are always tested by me using Part I of Stravinksy's The Rite of Spring at a medium to high i.e. loud, but comfortable, volume. I don't pay much heed to technical numbers with headphones anymore (I learnt that sometimes they list frequency responses humans can't even hear after a certain age!)
(b). Functionality (Calls): Plus/minus adjust the volume and the middle button takes and hangs up calls. Haven't attempted anything else in a call. Mic quality seems good; though I haven't used it in a very loud/busy environment.
(c). Functionality (Music Player): Unbeknown to me initially the functionality seems to vary by music player (app). My app of choice is Poweramp with alternative being Google Play Music.
Plus/minus - volume controls
Single-click - play/pause (and pickup/hangup call if received while player is on)
Double-click - skip forward one track
Triple-click - skip back to beginning of track/skip back one track (if already at the beginning of the track). N.B. the triple-click does nothing in Google Play Music (you go forward a track).
Poweramp - when pressing the middle button you get audible beeps so you know how many times you pressed. N.B. not applicable in Google Play Music. The Google Play Music differences might be something to do with the app settings, I never checked.

Build/Quality: good, what you'd expect. With sensible use and care they should last a while (see caveat below), my previous Sennheiser in-ear headphones are still going (if only the had a remote!). These look decent too, the white headphones go with my white S4 Mini.

Areas to Improve ("Negatives")

1. No case/pouch: a carry pouch would have been useful. I've used the pouch from my previous pair of Sennheiser's but without a case/pouch the headphones durability/longevity will, likely, be lower.
2. No clip: a (removable) clip near or at the remote would be handy so I could fasten it to my collar/suit.

For reasons 1 and 2 I could not give it 5 stars.

Other

User experience may deviate from mine by Android version / phone manufacturer. This seems to be more an issue with android than with headphone manufactures though. If you've got a Galaxy phone and an Android version the same (or better) than mine then your experience will likely be the same.

Valen
22 comments61 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2015
Better than Beats (not that it takes much)

Great range, if you like having full control using a custom EQ then you'll love these.
Comes with big and small rubber bits, sounds great when firmly in your ear.
Works with most phones, just changes the function of the +/- buttons to skip track (on HTC One)
on 4 November 2014
The sound quality on these is absolutely stunning.
I don't consider myself to be a huge music fan but have always had what I considered to be medium to high quality earphones due to the fact that I end up needing to use them quite frequently.

After destroying my previous pair (yet another) I decided to do some research and ran into these, all I can say is the difference is massive, these put to shame any of my previous pairs by such a difference that they made me rethink all of the previous pairs I've had.

Definitely would recommend.
on 23 July 2012
I bought these after reading lots of reviews, and trying to find headphones that had a hands-free option as well as being good headphones in their own right. I was impressed with the sound quality and the hands free worked great.
Unfortunately, after 8 months they don't work because the wires to the jack are somehow not connecting. This doesn't seem like a long time for them to break, although they have been heavily used daily on a commute.

So the product is great, but it didn't last as long as I wanted it to. But then again, I've still to find headphones that do last very long without the cord breaking or losing connectivity :/
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2015
i have had these headphone for a while now and they are very good.This headphone was purchased specifically to be used with a S4 mini and it works really well. The remote control allows me to change the volume and skip forward tracks when i am listening to music on my S4 mini. To pause you have to click the button in the middle once and to skip forward you have to push the middle button twice. this can be a bit hit and miss at time but overall its a great set of headphone for use on the S4 mini.

The sound quality is really good and the fit is almost perfect for my ears. These headphones get used daily during long commutes and in the gym so they get a fair amount of abuse but they haven't let me down.

in addition these headphones also act as a hands free kit so you can answer a call without getting the entire phone out of your pocket. this is especially good when your out walking in the cold and don't want to take your gloves off to answer a call.

in conclusion i would recommend these headphones for any samsung s4 mini user ( i think they might work with other samsung phones but havent tried so cannot say for sure)
on 17 December 2015
These Earphones are by far the best I've ever used. I have used lower quality and higher quality earphones before but the sound quality on the MM 30i's were absolutely flawless, by far the highest quality i have heard. The earphones have a really nice high quality build, i felt the cable was of really nice quality and could take a beating while on my daily commute. The volume rocker on the Earphones is a really high quality build and works perfectly on my iphone and ipad. Comparing the sound quality to the apple earbuds i was instantly happy with the purchase, it was so much more clearer and of higher quality however i felt that some of the higher pitched noises were a bit too strong sounding so tweaking some sound setting was required in order to get the best out of the earphones, this made it so i weren't getting headaches as much by the higher pitched noises. Although the Earphones are of really nice quality i personally had issues with them staying in my ears but a workaround was easy to adapt to and were still comfortable regardless.