5.0 out of 5 stars Packing issue has been addressed
I bought this to run along side an SSD, not in raid but it works a treat. I'm using it for mass storage of music, photos and movies and duplicating them on WD live 1TB. The read and write speeds are great considering the programs used are on the SSD. I found it quiet and formatting the drive was simple. I read reviews on the WD raptor 10000rm drives (which are twice the...
Published on 14 Sep 2011 by wildwillow

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off well but it is becoming noisier
I have or have had most brands of hard drive and it's been a couple of years since I last bought a Seagate, so I thought I'd try this one. I put it in an enclosure, formatted it and copied 542 GB of data to it via Firewire 800 from my iMac, using SuperDuper to produce a back-up clone. The average copy speed was 43.51 MB/s (it took about 3 and a half hours) which is fine...
Published on 13 Oct 2011 by Discerning

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Seagate ST31000524AS 3.5 inch Barracuda 1TB GB 7200rpm SATA Drive with 32MB Buffer (Accessory)
Fitted it as another backup drive in a NAS - as luck would have it, it was the same model drive that came with the NAS. Works a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtually silent., 30 Jan 2012
J. Harrison (Dorset) - See all my reviews
But relatively huge compared to my measly original. Havent done the tests, but it registers properly and works as quietly as the others. Can't complain one jot.
Oh, BTW, to format it, go to 'Start - control panel - system - advanced settings - performance......'It'll be there to fiddle with and format after the driver has auto loaded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast drive, sped up my Vista PC, 4 Jan 2012
I bought this at a lower price and I'm very happy with the drive. Performance is fast, everything works as it should and so I'd buy this again. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 inch Barracuda 1TB Drive, 17 Nov 2011
Nice hard drive works fine (with Ubuntu) and was easy to install and copy everything from my old hard drive to it. It was very well wrapped. I've used it for a few weeks so far with no problems. It seems pretty quiet as well, I don't usually notice any noise unless it's very busy doing something.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and cheap, 10 Nov 2011
A. Danesin "AD" (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
Together with a fast Firewire 800 connection (seagate STAE105) this small in storage but really fast hdd is the best solution for both backup (it works great with OSX's Time Machine) and iTunes, iPhoto libraries, leaving a huge amount of space for data and important stuff just inside your internal disk. To be preferred to any kind of external bundle if what you need is fast access to data at an accessible price and do not need portability. In two words: FAST and CHEAP (ENOUGH).
any problem so far after one month of heavy use.

5.0 out of 5 stars plug in and worked as expected.., 19 Sep 2011
received and working as expected.. No major issues so far. Hope this is going to be ok for the next years.. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars What about the packaging!, 6 Jun 2011
I like others was surprised to have this arrive in the same package as used for books. The drive is very quiet and seems to work very well. The access and retrieval times are also very good. Overall a very good drive for the money but why just send it in an unprotected box?

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, 6 Dec 2012
I ordered my HDD about a week ago. It arrived very well packaged, but no original box. It had a sticker stating the HDD had been formatted which I just ignored anyway. I put this into the PC I am doing up for my gf for xmas, booted the system up and the noise coming from it was astonishing. I know for a fact it was the HDD as I used to use this PC before but took out the HDD's to put into my new PC. Anyway trying to install windows, gets to installing and it fails "Could not set offline locale". I read on the forums formatting the drive should fix this. So I put it into my actual PC. But it is not detected. So again I look on the forums and it tells me to go to driver manager. I do this and it is still not there. So not only is it noisy, it didn't work. I used to believe Seagate was a good storage device company but this HDD shattered that rep, despite it seemingly being second hand yet being advertised as new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy piece of crap, crap packaging, 17 May 2012
I bought this drive about 10 months ago, it came in the crappiest flimsy packaging (a book box)which I was pretty concerned about, alas I had to get a harddrive in my computer to use it, so went with it. I regret buying this badly.
After about a week of use, it starts to make a hell of a lot of noise, if its reading or writing you can hear it from the next room. I didn't think a harddrive could make so much noise.
Strongly don't reccommend buying one of these hard drives through amazon, I don't know if the drive is a piece of crap initially or the battering it recieved getting here in the crap pakaging did it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 16 Feb 2014
I have 4 of these in a RAID10 system and they have performed flawlessly for a year now - highly recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›