Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 14 June 2006
How many times can these songs be repackaged? This collection has the same tracks on it as 'Level 42 - Level Best (1989)', with only 'Turn It On' replacing 'The Chant Has Begun'. Barring extensive sleevenotes and interviews (I haven't seen the packaging for this one)and full remastering, if you already have 'Level Best', you might as well stick with it. There is also the 'Level 42 - The Ultimate Collection (2002)' available, a double cd set, with both 'Chant...', and 'Turn It On' as well as a couple of mark king solo tracks. There's no question this is a quality set from a great little band. However, check your CD library before purchase, to make sure you don't already own this collection in a different form.
on 17 January 2008
As pointed out by previous customers, the track listing in this cd is basically the same as the one in the previous collection "Level Best".
"Why bother, then?", you might ask. I'll tell you why. The songs have been (as you'd expect) beautifully remastered, and sound like they never did.
I already owned "Level Best", but I'm surely glad I purchased this one too.
I mean, just listen to that bass pumping...
VINE VOICEon 13 June 2006
There's been an abundance of Level 42 compilations in recent years, but with a new album due it's no harm to re-inform the public about their glory years.

The only thing that separates this from 'Level Best' is 'Turn It On' replacing 'The Chant Has Begun'. 'The Very Best' included a bit of 90's material and 'The Ultimate Collection' has the most tracks.

If you're new to Level 42 or finally want a CD version of hits you had on cassette, this is the CD you want. Nice art and foreword by Daryl Easlea.
on 28 May 2007
Never listened to a L42 album before but got this cos I heard a track on the radio. Really good album - some hilarious cheesy 80's riffs - but they are cool! Recommended.
on 10 August 2015
Ok, so I grew up with Level 42. Wouldn't go so far as to say I was a huge fan, but always liked them. However, having heard Mark King recently on Wogan, then seeing them at Carfest North it's revitalised my interest. Have started with this version of 'Greatest Hits' and who's to say where it will lead with exploring more of their back catalogue.
on 10 December 2012
What can i say if you love level 42 you will love the collection and at good price. I would like to write more about the item but cant think of anything to say and this silly review wont let me do less than a certain number of words.
on 25 August 2013
Bought this to replace an greatest hits album that I had on tape & had not listened to in ages. Loads of great tracks & a bargain. I'd forgotten how many hits they'd had !.
Recommended !
on 27 December 2013
Takes me back to my youth. These were (are?) a good all round band. All the good stuff is here, plus a couple of the not so great, but I know how to use the 'forward' button, so no problem.
on 1 March 2013
Always loved Level 42 and this is a great cd for the car. All the hits in one place and sounding great after all these years. Brings back lovely 80s memories!
on 27 May 2012
A brilliant greatest hits album. This band was so different to everyone else in the 80's and I love listening to these brilliant songs in the car.