on 29 April 2014
I chose the 5 star rating because I believe it is worth it, it is in my opinion value for money. If it has a downside it has to be the manual/auto button. I seem to have a habit of touching it unintentionally while I am using it. I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in upgrading from a handheld/palm camcorder.
on 12 September 2012
This camera impresses with its looks - a shoulder mount still somehow portrays a more professional feel. A super array of features, with useful automatic settings but also the ability to assign manual control of focus, iris etc to the ring. More experienced video makers may find the manual capabilities a bit limiting e.g. only one function can be assigned to the ring, and this selection cannot be changed while video taking is in process; so you can't assign the iris to manual control and then change to focus during the same shot - but the overall feature set is excellent for me (I use it to make music videos): it takes great video in a variety of different lighting conditions. Don't forget that you'll need a stable, robust tripod!

A very poor user manual, with only very minimal notes about the more advanced capabilities of the camera.I've had to resort to searching through the manual footnotes to find how to do certain things which you would have thought would have been obvious. The touch screen is quite small, and finding items in the long menu list can be difficult: the groupings are not that intuitive, and selection on the small touch-screen can be quite difficult even for those of us with dainty fingers.

I was attracted by the large built-in storage but in practice with high-speed and large capacity SD or Memory Stick cards so cheaply available, I find myself recording to these because they offer a more convenient way to transfer videos to the computer.

Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase - despite the manual.
on 22 March 2012
Excellent product and excellent service. Prompt delivery, packaged very well with every element included; and the camcorder was priced competitively and proved to be everything we hoped for.Is being used for GCSE and A'Level film projects.
If you want to look like a pro then this will certainly keep you happy. It looks every bit like those used by professional news cameramen.

Of course looks can be deceptive and it is perhaps more a sheep in wolves clothing.

It is very plastic - not sure it will take much knocking about.

The manual is rather poor - it does cover the basics but much of the more advanced features really aren't covered in sufficient depth or at all.

The internal 64GB is claimed to provide 6 hours of video - it will also take external memory cards which is probably the better option.

Its not the easiest camcorder to use but the results are quite good if you persevere.

It may now be showing its age a bit.

Overall a good buy if you can find it at the right price.
on 14 October 2013
You just point and shoot and you get crystal clear footage.
Viewing screens a bit small but otherwise great value.
on 3 January 2015
An amazing bit of kit with broadcast quality video and stills. I purchased a 64g quality memory card and slotted in. Love this cam, can't see why you won't !!
on 12 April 2013
I was thinking of buying one of these until I used one and also reading online reviews. It's based on an entry level sony handy cam xr350 and placed in a big plastic body. Looks good from a distance until you actually handle it. Functions are hard to find and the touch screen small. Just a big piece of plastic . Spend a little extra on a better camcorder .
on 1 March 2015
FANTASTIC, EASY TO USE VERY PLEASED. THANK YOU.
on 8 August 2015
small screen. not easy to handle