5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book
This is a brilliant book, fully believable and well written. No wasted space and gripping to the extent I couldn't put it down.
A follow up series would be terrific.
Published on 25 Feb 2011 by Dave Cuthbert

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK but could do with more character development and tighter writing.
This is an OK book with a reasonably entertaining story, however there is something about the style of writing which seems almost child-like in its naivety which I found a bit off-putting and stops me rating the book highly. Literature is very subjective and others may well not share my criticisms, but for me the characters have not been sufficiently developed and seem...
Published 22 days ago by Bearman

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - military sci-fi, 15 Dec 2011
Mr. M. D. Egee (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
While feeling in the mood for a new sci-fi read on my Kindle I came across this, surprisingly good read. The reason I say surprisingly, is typically I wouldn't impulse buy. A few of the already posted reviews, provided the extra push to purchase this e-book and I'm very glad I did.

*Minor story spoilers*

The book is a sci-fi action book, focusing on a ongoing battle between 'Biotics' (gooey, flesh bags like me and you) and the 'Macros.' While it may sound like your fairly standard affair, there are some interesting takes on the genre with the inclusion of the 'Nanos' - 'Sort of friendly(debatable)' defenders of biotics. The Nanos come to earth, and their first task is to recruit command personnel to command...well them, to ultimately provide a defence against the 'Macros'.

It sounds complicated, but its really demonstrated & presented in a very straight forward understandable way. The whole book is easy to read and it has that 'Just one more chapter' effect in some parts. After finishing it I promptly purchased the next 2 books in the series, and I'm looking forward to the 4th.

A couple of criticisms that have made me give this a 4, instead of a 5 - There is something of a lack of explanation for various things that occur which is a flaw present throughout all the books so far. (e.g. By the end of book 3, we still only really know a relatively small amount of info about the Macros.)

Also some of the character emotions/responses to events around them are almost a bit stilted. Without giving too much away, the main character, Kyle Riggs, ultimately seems rather detached after a rather personal traumatic event happens early on in the first book. There are some brief mentions of this event further on in the books, while it's possible it can be argued, Kyle Riggs is being swept along by events beyond his control there is just some emotional oomph missing.

Also the character of Sandra, while changing slightly in the 3rd book, remains a 'sexy-pouty-crazy-angry' lady throughout. I wouldn't say this is neccesarily a bad thing but her presence can on occasion grate a little.

Overall I'd highly recommend this book to those looking for military sci-fi fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 25 Feb 2011
Dave Cuthbert "Male Viewer" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A follow up series would be terrific.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 25 Mar 2012
M. S. Nicholson "Sci fi junkie" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished the series so far, absolutely gripping and I can't wait for mr Larson to do another. My only complaint is that he is doing too many series at once. If you haven't read haven series or the dragon series then you are missing out on some fantastic fantasy work.

This book is a great start to the series as it has action, good character development and great storylines which thread nicely through the entire series

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes indeed!, 6 Jun 2011
Scorpio (Plymouth, Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
One of the first books I bought on my kindle. Took a while to get around to reading it. Oh boy could I put it down? NO! Do I want more? YES! Great read, Thank you for this one and the following ones too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Again another great book,a steady paced read that keeps you wanting more,I for one will buy anymore instalments of Star Force.
Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 28 Mar 2011
Mr. S. Theobald "Stu" (Notts UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Highly original and a very good read, I had real issues putting it down one I had started it; thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoping for a sequel, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A great read and interesting devlopment, not the typical ending that have gotten used to so was pleasant suprise and and hopefully will lead to a sequel followimg the marines and space force. Looking foward to the next one, thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars sadie`s thoughts, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
i really enjoyed this book. very dissapointed when i reached the end and found out there wasnt a second one. the story kept me interested. it certainly seems theres more story to tell

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it bring on the sequel!, 19 Feb 2011
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I, like others bought this book on whim. I loved it and couldn't put it down. Some people in their reviews said It didn't go anywhere but I thought it was written as though there was definitely going to be a sequel. It held my interest throughout, ok it isn't the most complicated story but it was a really easy read with great description. So come on get writing, let's see what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book.

Was a good price and a very entertaining read.

I hope the author makes a series of this, he hints he will at the end of the book.

I would recommend this highly.

Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)
1.84