Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£1.74

on 24 May 2011
Jo -Jo and the Melon Donkey is very good because some of the pictures are very funny. I think this book will make a good book for kids. This book could make kids happy at Christmas because, if Father Christmas brought it for them, they will probably read it straight away. I think the age should be 8 to 9. It is not funny but its interesting. My favourite character is the donkey because he is really cute.

(This review was written by one of mindesilva's pupils aged 9)
on 6 August 2013
A lovely story that actually brought a few tears to my eyes! All the magic of Michael Morpurgo brought to life with Helen Stephens' beautiful illustrations - the little expressions on Jo-jo's face as he shouts in the streets are a complete joy.
Anyone who has ever visited and fallen in love with Venice will treasure this book - young or old!
on 1 October 2013
My children enjoyed reading this story about a donkey, JoJo, who carries melons for his cruel owner in Venice. JoJo is befriended by the Doge's daughter and both their lives are transformed by the new friendship. A lovely story and good illustrations
on 4 September 2013
I would recommend any grandparent to get the book for their younger ones. It is a lovely read and they get so excited when a parcel comes through their letter box addressed to them!
on 17 September 2013
I bought this book to read at bedtime to my three grandsons aged 3, 5 and 7, and because the seven year old has just started reading Michael Morpurgo chapter books and loves them.
All three boys love this book,and have asked me to read every time that I am at their house for bedtime. They always ask new questions at the end about the real history of Venice flooding etc and always like me to include the piece at the end where Michael Morpurgo explains how the story developed in his imagination. We all love it
on 2 December 2013
we live near Venice so this was an ideal book to purchase for my 7yr old.....she loves it, the story , the illustrations, it's been everywhere including school...another great tale from Michael...nice one...highly reccommend!!
on 1 October 2013
The title of the book was what made me buy it, as our granddaughter is Joanne but we all call her Jojo. A lovely story even though Jojo is a male donkey but I loved it all the same, and hoped she would also.
on 6 September 2013
I always love Michael Morpurgo's writing and this one is very sweet for children. I would definitely recommend it! I'm yet to read Fox Friend I'm looking forward to that.
on 11 August 2013
Michael Morpurgo has triumphed again! He really does come up with excellent ideas to interest children and those for upper juniors are certainly worth reading for adults.
on 22 November 2013
A beautiful story. My 6 year old Grandson read it aloud to us and loved it! We were all waiting to see how it ended. I won't spoil it for everyone though!